Why are people so adulterous?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

If I had a nickel for every time a male facebook "friend"/ real life acquaintance messaged me on social media with flirtatious messages, I'd be rich. These people know I'm married, I gush about my husband all the time. Much of the time they also know my husband and often have him as a friend on FB, too! Seriously, people are sick!
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Those people would no longer be my "friend" or "acquaintance", on FB or in real life.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:18 pm Those people would no longer be my "friend" or "acquaintance", on FB or in real life.
Yes. I always delete and block.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What exactly did they say?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:22 am What exactly did they say?
They run the gamut. Everything from a simple compliment and mild flirting to being outright lewd. Sometimes they act like they are interested in one of my businesses and want to hire me or work for me. I also get a lot of messages just trying to chat me up. They aren't flirtatious but also kind of out of the blue. I ignore them when I suspect that they're just looking for an excuse to talk to me.
jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You might be reading too much into some of them. I don't think everyone is out to get into your pants. Those that are, block and move one. Simple.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

jas wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:20 pm You might be reading too much into some of them. I don't think everyone is out to get into your pants. Those that are, block and move one. Simple.
This
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:45 pm
jas wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 1:20 pm You might be reading too much into some of them. I don't think everyone is out to get into your pants. Those that are, block and move one. Simple.
This
I'm not dense, I can tell when someone is being flirtatious. There's really no other way to interpret explicit messages about my body or what they want to do to me.

I'm also not special, this happens to women all the time. I do block and delete, am I not allowed to ask why people are so adulterous and sick??
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 12:42 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 11:22 am What exactly did they say?
They run the gamut. Everything from a simple compliment and mild flirting to being outright lewd. Sometimes they act like they are interested in one of my businesses and want to hire me or work for me. I also get a lot of messages just trying to chat me up. They aren't flirtatious but also kind of out of the blue. I ignore them when I suspect that they're just looking for an excuse to talk to me.
A simple compliment is not adulterous. Interest in a business is not adulterous. I think in at least some of the cases you are reading way more into it than is actually intended.

I don't doubt that some men are flirtatious or downright lewd when they shouldn't be, but the way you come off in this whole thread makes it seem like you think you're all that and every man wants you. It's not a good look for you.

I've never heard of any of my female friends having this problem on a regular basis and I promise you we are not all woofers.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

I had someone from high school message me saying I looked familiar. I told him we went to school together and he lives down the street. I only used a nickname in high school and my social media has my full first name. He just chatted about random things (I told him he knew my husband and played a sport with him) he then said I was really good looking and probably freaky. I told him to stop because I was happily married with kids(my picture has my family in it ) he said that plenty on happily married people have fun on the side. I told him that I wasn’t one of them. And blocked him.

He’s in his mid 30s single and I can see why if that’s how he talks to women.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic