Texas Gov. Greg Abbott expands migrant bus operation, sending first group to Denver

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Washington — Texas' Republican Gov. Greg Abbott on Thursday announced his state had started busing migrants from the U.S.-Mexico border to Denver, Colorado, an expansion of a controversial operation to transport migrant adults and families released from federal custody to Democratic-led cities.

Abbott said the first group of migrants sent to Denver were dropped off near the Civic Center park in the city's downtown on Thursday. Before Thursday's announcement, Texas' migrant busing operation was limited to Washington, D.C., New York City, Chicago and Philadelphia. The state has said the migrants travel on the buses voluntarily.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/texas- ... eg-abbott/
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Is Colorado even prepared for this? Financially, housing, other resources?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Is he turning out people willy nilly?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

He’s turning out brown skinned people. What does he do with illegal white Europeans??
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

hotspice58 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:24 pm He’s turning out brown skinned people. What does he do with illegal white Europeans??
They don’t typically show up on the Texas/Mexico border in the thousands…

They show up at airports…So it’s easy enough to just send them back to Europe if they’re not allowed here…
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Bobcobbagob wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:26 pm
hotspice58 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 8:24 pm He’s turning out brown skinned people. What does he do with illegal white Europeans??
They don’t typically show up on the Texas/Mexico border in the thousands…

They show up at airports…So it’s easy enough to just send them back to Europe if they’re not allowed here…
It's pretty easy to expel at the border too. Most illegal immigrants in the US are visa overstays (China, Mexico, India, Brazil). Asylum seekers are not illegal immigrants.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:10 pm Is Colorado even prepared for this? Financially, housing, other resources?
Probably not. I googled it and it’s not a sanctuary city for what I saw.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:46 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:10 pm Is Colorado even prepared for this? Financially, housing, other resources?
Colorado is a sanctuary state and Denver is a sanctuary city.

https://cis.org/Map-Sanctuary-Cities-Co ... and-States
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:52 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 2:46 pm
Colorado is a sanctuary state and Denver is a sanctuary city.

https://cis.org/Map-Sanctuary-Cities-Co ... and-States
Oh sorry! Thanks!
Locked Previous topicNext topic