Should I file a police report?

Anonymous 5

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:40 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:59 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:35 pm Why wouldn't the teacher have questioned the students in the classroom before dismissing?
He said the teacher simply asked everyone to look around. They don't really help with this type of thing.
The teacher REALLY didn't see a kid get up in her classroom and walk up to another students desk and steal something off of it? Come on!

I'd probably go to the principal and ask him to question the teacher. I know they don't like to handle things like this, and who does? I'd press the issue though. I don't buy that she didn't see anything. I would ask them to handle this since it happened on school grounds. That way the thief can remain anonymous to you and your kid, and there won't be any possible fighting between your kid and the thief.

That really sucks for him and I'm sorry you guys are dealing with this idiocy.
Its very possible they didn't. It could have been a point in the day when lots of students were up and moving around or the person who took them could have been close enough to the desk that they didn't need to get up. She could have been talking to another student or had her back turned at that second. I don't know about you but I can't keep a direct eye on 30 teenagers at the same time nor would I feel like I have to in a room with them.
Nvl0707
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

You sound a little nutty.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:40 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:35 pm Why wouldn't the teacher have questioned the students in the classroom before dismissing?
He said the teacher simply asked everyone to look around. They don't really help with this type of thing.
The teacher REALLY didn't see a kid get up in her classroom and walk up to another students desk and steal something off of it? Come on!

I'd probably go to the principal and ask him to question the teacher. I know they don't like to handle things like this, and who does? I'd press the issue though. I don't buy that she didn't see anything. I would ask them to handle this since it happened on school grounds. That way the thief can remain anonymous to you and your kid, and there won't be any possible fighting between your kid and the thief.

That really sucks for him and I'm sorry you guys are dealing with this idiocy.
Yeah, I don't see how she would be able to keep an eye on so many kids at once. Kids can be sneaky. They could have easily walked to sharpen their pencil and sneakily slid them off the desk when the teacher wasn't looking. Have you ever been a teacher? They don't handle theft at school unless it is school property or the kid gets red handed.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:20 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:10 pm

Teachers are typically not allowed to search students belongings, so there was likely not much else they could do.
In our school they would hold the children in that classroom and have a security guard come and search the kids that's exactly what they did to my son and his class when a teacher's phone came up missing.
Oh, wow. In my district, teachers aren't allowed to hold classes after the bell. They can actually be written up for stuff like that. I'm sure if it were a teacher's phone, they would do something about it. It's crazy that they require kids to bring devices and headphones but then say they aren't responsible for them. But I also don't see how they can be. I think a lot of people don't understand how chaotic and large classrooms are these days, especially in large cities. It's just not like the educational atmosphere we had back in the 80s and 90s where they could make time for everything and parents would actually allow schools to discipline.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:43 am What does that do?

Maybe you should teach your child the value of a dollar.
I'm always amazed at the level of meanness on this site. I really think you and a few other "anons" on this thread are the same person, with the same writing style, logging in under multiple different accounts.

Are you not capable of being an adult and saying the same thing in an adult, kind, classy, and demure tone? "I am not sure I see the point in doing that. This is a great learning opportunity for your son to learn the value of a dollar." See? By stating it that way, you aren't being rude and making the assumption that I haven't taught him. Adult, mature, but still gets your point across.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:26 pm
Anonymous 6 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 4:43 am What does that do?

Maybe you should teach your child the value of a dollar.
I'm always amazed at the level of meanness on this site. I really think you and a few other "anons" on this thread are the same person, with the same writing style, logging in under multiple different accounts.

Are you not capable of being an adult and saying the same thing in an adult, kind, classy, and demure tone? "I am not sure I see the point in doing that. This is a great learning opportunity for your son to learn the value of a dollar." See? By stating it that way, you aren't being rude and making the assumption that I haven't taught him. Adult, mature, but still gets your point across.
Karen, I'm not you. In fact, I'm always amazed at the level your demands will go. Are you unable to live if you can't force me to follow your rules?

Apparently I did get my point across because you jumped on it with twenny claws.
Locked Previous topicNext topic