Should I file a police report?

Anonymous 3

Unread post

Sorry this happened. No way should you write a letter to each neighbor asking them to check their airpods. WTF. I would never do this and just throw your letter away.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Your kid fucked up. I am amazed at the level of crazy you are at over some cheap shit.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

A filed police report is just that...a report...and nothing else can be done.

A letter to all of the neighbor's might net some issue in other ways, particularly for your son.

If this were me, I would chalk it up to an expensive lesson learned for your child, and to have him not take expensive air pods to school anymore.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I mean he shouldn't have left them there. Whoever took them was wrong but it sounds like your kid isn't responsible enough to have such an expensive thing. I bet he won't leave things like that laying around anymore.
The police won't waste their time trying to track them down. I'm surprised they sent an officer to you at all!
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Honestly, if my dd left her pods on her desk like that, she'd just be podless until Christmas or when she bought another pair with HER money. It would be a learning lesson.

Nothing to alert the police about.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 9:15 pm Honestly, if my dd left her pods on her desk like that, she'd just be podless until Christmas or when she bought another pair with HER money. It would be a learning lesson.

Nothing to alert the police about.
This is exactly what I would do.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:59 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:35 pm Why wouldn't the teacher have questioned the students in the classroom before dismissing?
He said the teacher simply asked everyone to look around. They don't really help with this type of thing.
The teacher REALLY didn't see a kid get up in her classroom and walk up to another students desk and steal something off of it? Come on!

I'd probably go to the principal and ask him to question the teacher. I know they don't like to handle things like this, and who does? I'd press the issue though. I don't buy that she didn't see anything. I would ask them to handle this since it happened on school grounds. That way the thief can remain anonymous to you and your kid, and there won't be any possible fighting between your kid and the thief.

That really sucks for him and I'm sorry you guys are dealing with this idiocy.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

It’s unfortunate, but it’s a lesson learned for your son to keep a closer eye on his valuables.
I would *maybe* let the SRO know, instead of filing a whole report. Though, even then, it’s unlikely they could do anything about it. I definitely would not waste my time writing a letter to the whole neighborhood.

My son lost one of his AirPods at school. I’m sure another kid picked it up. He stayed with only 1 pod until he got new ones for Christmas. He wasn’t happy about it, but he shouldn’t have left it laying around.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

What does that do?

Maybe you should teach your child the value of a dollar.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:10 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:59 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:35 pm Why wouldn't the teacher have questioned the students in the classroom before dismissing?
He said the teacher simply asked everyone to look around. They don't really help with this type of thing.
Teachers are typically not allowed to search students belongings, so there was likely not much else they could do.
In our school they would hold the children in that classroom and have a security guard come and search the kids that's exactly what they did to my son and his class when a teacher's phone came up missing.
Locked Previous topicNext topic