Venting about husband

LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:57 am Just tell him girls are developing younger so the "accepted ages" for such things aren't the same as they used to be?

So glad I didn't have to deal with this as I had a SS. I never wanted a girl either - didn't want to have to be responsible for "girly" things because I'm more of a tomboy type, and my mom never handled that stuff well so don't think I would have done it properly.
I brought that up. That he does not have to like it, but she’s going through puberty, so he needs to just back the heck up and leave us to these things if he’s not going to be supportive.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:15 am My DH is clueless about these things and just has me handle most everything. But I don't think he would ever think I am sexualizing our DD by buying her bras. Do you think there is something deeper than this with your DH? My DD started wearing a bra I think at 9 or 10 because she had "bumps" and wanted to start wearing one.
Deeper than being in a bit of denial that his DD is going through puberty, even if he sees her forever in his mind as that precocious little toddler — no, I don’t really think so.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My SD wanted a bra long before she ever needed one. My DH understood that it was about her self esteem more than anything. He didn't say he was uncomfortable or anything, but it wouldn't have mattered because it was about what SD wanted to make her feel comfortable in her own skin.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Other than his jaw dropping that his "baby" had reached the age of needing or wanting a bra, my husband didn't say anything or protest.

He knew and understood that this was the private business of our two daughter's.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I've noticed a lot of men have an issue with their daughter starting to wear a bra. Women, too, sometimes. It's dumb but it's common.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Mine has never cared...the only thing he has said was he doesn't know how our oldest is going to sanitize her cup in a dorm as he doesn't think she will want to do so in a coed dorm. To be fair.. I said the same thing. She will figure it out though.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:45 pm I've noticed a lot of men have an issue with their daughter starting to wear a bra. Women, too, sometimes. It's dumb but it's common.
It is dumb, like ridiculously so…
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's just clothing. If she wants to wear it she should be allowed to wear it. There's nothing more to it.

I was a late developer. When I was in 5th grade I felt like all the other girls were wearing bras and I wasn't. So I wanted to wear one even though I didn't really need one.

I think especially when your talking about bralettes or sports bras that don't have any real lift or support, it comes down to whether the girl wants to wear one or not. I would support either decision that the girl made. So yeah, even though I can understand your DH might be going through something emotional about his 'baby girl', he's pretty much being an ass about the whole thing. If you want to take it up further with him, I would suggest don't even make it about you. Just point out how his attitude is being disrespectful to his DD because it's her body and her feelings about her own body. He doesn't get to control her body. See how he comes back at that.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

My father beat the hell out of my mom for getting me one when I was 9.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:02 pm My father beat the hell out of my mom for getting me one when I was 9.
That’s horrible. I don’t recall my dad saying one thing on the subject. He left that to my mother. If I had daughters I’d either compromise with camisoles or tell hubby get over it
Locked Previous topicNext topic