South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott files to run for president

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:08 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:12 pm
Carpy wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 1:41 pm

What views do you disagree with? I'm not sure what his views are but I'm curious as to what and why? Not trying to call you out. Just curious.

It wasn’t the “cotton to congress” comment, I think I understood what he meant by that. But
his delivery has a “racism isn’t that bad” tone and that’s the part that I don’t agree with.

I use to disagree with him for calling out liberals on racism and not Trump..but I don’t care about that anymore because I see why he is so agitated with the left and I can’t imagine what he has had to deal with because I couldn’t do it.

I’m not voting for Trump or Biden but I am willing to hear him out because I would vote for him if he is somewhat reasonable because I have looked over much worse the past two elections.

Have you been following him?
Thank you for answering. I think he's a good man and he really loves his mama.
Anytime! Thanks for asking respectfully Carp. 🤗
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:11 pm

What views do you disagree with? I'm not sure what his views are but I'm curious as to what and why? Not trying to call you out. Just curious.

It wasn’t the “cotton to congress” comment, I think I understood what he meant by that. But
his delivery has a “racism isn’t that bad” tone and that’s the part that I don’t agree with.

I use to disagree with him for calling out liberals on racism and not Trump..but I don’t care about that anymore because I see why he is so agitated with the left and I can’t imagine what he has had to deal with because I couldn’t do it.

I’m not voting for Trump or Biden but I am willing to hear him out because I would vote for him if he is somewhat reasonable because I have looked over much worse the past two elections.

And yes, I do follow him. I think he could be a refreshing change to the status quo of old men. He's young and thoughtful. I follow him on facebook.
Do you think he can beat Trump and DeSantis (if he runs)?

Depending on how the debates go, I may vote in the Republican primaries.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Della wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:24 pm

"Let’s think about the violent crimes,” Scott said. “Too often, these absolutely atrocious situations are occurring in big blue cities where they’re all controlled by Democrats. Violent crime rates in those cities have skyrocketed to the point where 2019 homicides increased by 44%, and African-Americans and Hispanics represent 85% of that additional increase.”

I disagree with saying it happens in Democratic controlled cities and I wonder if his view has changed with all the other shootings since Charleston. Hell, my city was republican from 1993 until Donna Hazouri Deegan won last week, and we have at least one shooting every day, smh.

I always wonder when people talk about "democrats" in big blue cities if there's another meaning behind their words. They always seem to point out the Black and Hispanic populations. Kinda like the word "thug".
The Democrats referred to are the white virtue signaling liberals that create and enact policies that negatively impact the black and brown people. That's why you have the perception that the black and brown people are "pointed out". They're the ones that suffer the most.

What's the definition of the word "thug" I wonder? 🤔. Maybe that's what people mean when they say that word? Just a radical thought. See if the definition below actually fits the behavior some people exhibit when they're referred to as thugs?

a violent, aggressive person, especially one who is a criminal.
"he was attacked by a gang of thugs"

One shooting a day ... Baltimore, Chicago and Detroit all say hold my beer. No one ever claimed there's zero crime in red states. The difference is that crime actually gets prosecuted and there's consequences, unlike liberal cities with liberal states attorneys, liberal attorneys general, and liberal mayors.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My girlfriend used to live down there and she was all for him. His constituents seemed to feel quite positive towards him. From what I've seen, he seems like a common sense, rational man. I could definitely see getting behind him.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:25 pm

"Let’s think about the violent crimes,” Scott said. “Too often, these absolutely atrocious situations are occurring in big blue cities where they’re all controlled by Democrats. Violent crime rates in those cities have skyrocketed to the point where 2019 homicides increased by 44%, and African-Americans and Hispanics represent 85% of that additional increase.”

I disagree with saying it happens in Democratic controlled cities and I wonder if his view has changed with all the other shootings since Charleston. Hell, my city was republican from 1993 until Donna Hazouri Deegan won last week, and we have at least one shooting every day, smh.

I always wonder when people talk about "democrats" in big blue cities if there's another meaning behind their words. They always seem to point out the Black and Hispanic populations. Kinda like the word "thug".
The Democrats referred to are the white virtue signaling liberals that create and enact policies that negatively impact the black and brown people. That's why you have the perception that the black and brown people are "pointed out". They're the ones that suffer the most.

What's the definition of the word "thug" I wonder? 🤔. Maybe that's what people mean when they say that word? Just a radical thought. See if the definition below actually fits the behavior some people exhibit when they're referred to as thugs?

One shooting a day ... Baltimore, Chicago and Detroit all say hold my beer. No one ever claimed there's zero crime in red states. The difference is that crime actually gets prosecuted and there's consequences, unlike liberal cities with liberal states attorneys, liberal attorneys general, and liberal mayors.
You’d be surprised. There are A LOT of unsolved murders in red states and some who are prosecuted don’t get long sentences.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:25 pm

You are the same with every subject, Val. 😂
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:23 pm

And yes, I do follow him. I think he could be a refreshing change to the status quo of old men. He's young and thoughtful. I follow him on facebook.

I don't think he can Trump, but we never know. I think is chances would be better in 28.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:50 am

I don't think he can Trump, but we never know. I think is chances would be better in 28.
I saw that Trump posted a fairly positive post regarding Scott's run:

"Good luck to Senator Tim Scott in entering the Republican Presidential Primary Race. It is rapidly loading up with lots of people, and Tim is a big step up from Ron DeSanctimonious, who is totally unelectable. I got Opportunity Zones done with Tim, a big deal that has been highly successful. Good luck Tim!"

This is a huge departure from his posts regarding other primary candidates, i.e., Haley and DeSantis.

Do you think that there is potential for Scott to be a running mate as VP? If Trump/Scott win, and I think that's probable, it would set up Scott for a 2028 run. I also think it would be a much better choice for Trump than some of the other Republican names that have been tossed around like Greene and Lake.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Carpy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 6:50 am

Yeah, he seems to be well liked. If he was just a little more bipartisan like Powell, he would have a better change at snagging middle ground/minority voters.

But it will still be an interesting race to watch.
Locked Previous topicNext topic