School Can Force Trans Girl to Dress As Boy At Graduation, Judge Rules

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:53 am
mcginnisc wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 10:11 am I graduated HS 30 years ago and we had the rules of what could and could not be worn at graduation. Girls had to wear a white dress with white closed toe shoes and boys had to wear a white dress shirt with black tie, black pants and black shoes. It is definitely not new for schools to enforce dress codes. That said, they are off their nut with this one. This kid should be able to wear whatever they want under their gown. Things like this make me glad that I homeschool. My kid won't walk until college graduation in a few years. She finished exams and was done..that was it. She has been done for a week now and is waiting to start a new chapter in her life in August.
That deserves some congratulations! My son chose not to walk after HS but we did have a big party for him where he wore his cap and gown and his dad handed him his diploma, to great applause from the assemblage. We home-graduated, lol.

Reaching this milestone is definitely reason to celebrate - great work and congrats to you both!
Thanks! It's hard to believe that I joined CM when she was a toddler in 2007 and now she graduated HS and is heading to college. We're having a pool party in a few weeks and then heading to oreientation and then out west to hike in some national parks as that is what she chose for her graduation trip a few days later. She will be heading to the University of North Georgia in the fall. I have a feeling she will love it because there is so much hiking up there in the mountains.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What the hell kind of fuckery is this??? Despite the very obvious bullying of a transgender graduate, why does the school even have such a strict dress code in the first place?

You know what my son's dress code was when he graduated a week ago? "Don't be naked under the robe." That's it. And I'm pretty sure they only have that rule because some kid in some past year actually showed up wearing only the cap and gown. But as long as kids were wearing clothes under their cap and gown, the school didn't give a flying f**k what it was. That's the way it should be.

These gov't reps and gov't entities can kindly f**k off with all their transphobia shit.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:31 pm What the hell kind of fuckery is this??? Despite the very obvious bullying of a transgender graduate, why does the school even have such a strict dress code in the first place?

You know what my son's dress code was when he graduated a week ago? "Don't ybe naked under the robe." That's it. And I'm pretty sure they only have that rule because some kid in some past year actually showed up wearing only the cap and gown. But as long as kids were wearing clothes under their cap and gown, the school didn't give a flying f**k what it was. That's the way it should be.

These gov't reps and gov't entities can kindly f**k off with all their transphobia shit.
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The judge issued the ruling mere hours before their graduation, no doubt doing it to ensure she had to comply with the school and not continue the fight.

She should have showed up in what she planned to wear anyway and told the school officials to f**k right off. They can't stop her from walking with her graduating class. Go anyway and push anyone away who tried to stop her. And if they try to with hold her diploma, sue the f**k out of them and find a hacker friend who can find the info on the school computer and print one off.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I love how it's all fighting for freedom until someone else's freedom interferes with their delicate sensibilities. You can own a hand held device designed to kill but god forbid someone with a penis wear a dress.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:38 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:31 pm What the hell kind of fuckery is this??? Despite the very obvious bullying of a transgender graduate, why does the school even have such a strict dress code in the first place?

You know what my son's dress code was when he graduated a week ago? "Don't be naked under the robe." That's it. And I'm pretty sure they only have that rule because some kid in some past year actually showed up wearing only the cap and gown. But as long as kids were wearing clothes under their cap and gown, the school didn't give a flying f**k what it was. That's the way it should be.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I know. My son told me they literally said "Don't be naked under your robe or you will be arrested." They were also allowed to decorate their caps how they wanted and the only rule there was that it couldn't be something inappropriate. In other words, no penis drawings on caps. Other than that, no real rules for the graduation ceremony.

The only issue at my son's graduation was that one student almost passed out and missed half of it. I'm thinking from heat exhaustion perhaps combined with nerves etc. But after all the students processed in, there was one kid near the back who was looking a bit wobbly and then went down. A couple faculty rushed to his side and a security guard and eventually police. They took him out to an ambulance to assess him I assume. He was able to come back and walk across the stage with a teacher assisting him, but then he was taken back out again.

I share that just to point out - there's real issues at graduations to worry about. Who's wearing a dress and who's wearing pants shouldn't be one of them.

For the record, my son wore a solid colored t-shirt and cargo shorts and tennis shoes to his graduation ceremony. Didn't have a negative affect at all and it was still super special. I was still so very proud of him.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:01 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:52 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 6:48 pm This is completely wrong and I hope this story becomes bigger, especially for the graduating class of 2024 next spring.

Don't they wear caps and gowns over their other "street clothes" and if so, what could happen tonight if she still wore what she wanted to underneath?
I was thinking the same. She will be wearing a gown, so no one would have even noticed it had the school not made a big deal about it.
Except for the shoes, they wouldn't.

Another question.... hypothetically speaking, could they legally withhold her diploma were she to wear what she wanted under the gown? Do they hand them their actual diploma right then and there or mail it to them after the ceremony as they did with our two kid's that graduated from a traditional public high school?
My son who graduated a week and a half ago is getting his diploma afterwards. They gave all the kids a scroll tied with a ribbon at the actual ceremony. Then if you open the scroll it basically tells them when they can come to the school office to pick it up.

I asked my son and he said they never threatened them with not receiving their diploma. The only thing they were threatened with is that the last couple weeks of school they were told any bad behavior would mean they couldn't walk. But as we know, not walking does not mean the same as not getting your diploma.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Here is the new story. Beautiful girl. 😢
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:30 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:38 pm

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I know. My son told me they literally said "Don't be naked under your robe or you will be arrested." They were also allowed to decorate their caps how they wanted and the only rule there was that it couldn't be something inappropriate. In other words, no penis drawings on caps. Other than that, no real rules for the graduation ceremony.

The only issue at my son's graduation was that one student almost passed out and missed half of it. I'm thinking from heat exhaustion perhaps combined with nerves etc. But after all the students processed in, there was one kid near the back who was looking a bit wobbly and then went down. A couple faculty rushed to his side and a security guard and eventually police. They took him out to an ambulance to assess him I assume. He was able to come back and walk across the stage with a teacher assisting him, but then he was taken back out again.

I share that just to point out - there's real issues at graduations to worry about. Who's wearing a dress and who's wearing pants shouldn't be one of them.

For the record, my son wore a solid colored t-shirt and cargo shorts and tennis shoes to his graduation ceremony. Didn't have a negative affect at all and it was still super special. I was still so very proud of him.
That is too funny. Congratulations to your son!!! ❤️

The last graduation I went to was outside and thankfully cooler than normal but they can be really hot. I hope the student is okay. 😢
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

I hope that superintendent ends up in Jail one day…
Locked Previous topicNext topic