My flowers killed my neighbors cat

Anonymous 1

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 9:27 pm Yesterday night? You mean last night?

I have Lillie’s and a colony of cats…never an issue.
Yesterday night and last night are the same thing.... Depending on what type of lilies you have you have been lucky. Someone posted a link about it ic you are curious.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Nope. It's really sad that the woman's cat died, but I'd personally consider this not at all my problem or my responsibility to fix. I plant what I want in my own yard. If it's toxic to your pets, keep them out of my yard. It's not difficult. Hundreds of millions of people successfully keep their pets corralled every day.

This is not in any way your fault.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hold up, like what kind of lilies?

We have tons of day lilies, it certainly cannot be those right?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Her cat, her responsibility. 🤷‍♀️
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
mrsjules79
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I have cats and I still say not your fault! I have a lily that I've had in the kitchen window for over a year. Saturday, one of the littles discovered it and got on the counter to try and eat it 3 times. Knowing it is toxic, I put it away in the bathroom and brought it into my office this m9rning so she doesn't get sick. It is always the responsibility of the owners to make sure their cat is safe.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have tons of lillies in my yard. I have cats but they are inside cats. I plant what I like. My yard is fenced. Anything that gets in, well that's on them if they get into toxic plants.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:33 pm People need to keep their cats inside.
Why get a cat at all, if you're not going to let it be a cat?

You might as well get a fat hamster instead.
Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 11:57 am
Gorilla_Mama wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 1:33 pm People need to keep their cats inside.
Why get a cat at all, if you're not going to let it be a cat?

You might as well get a fat hamster instead.
What about dogs? People frown on letting them run loose. And how about goats, cows, sheep? We fence them in too.

Keeping your animals safe and contained is the owners responsibility. It’s not OPs fault or problem that the cat got into her lilys. If you choose to let your cats out, you’ve got to accept the risks.

Personally I find it highly irresponsible and will continue to keep my cat safe inside.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:13 pm What about dogs?
Dogs can be taken on walks.

You can fence a yard, and train a dog to stay inside the yard, or put it on a long tether.

With a cat, short of an outside area contained in double-doored cattery-style caging, there isn't a good alternative to cutting it off from the natural environment it evolved in.

Yes, there are dog breeds used as 'lap dogs' in high-rise tower blocks that never get a sniff of outside air.

I think those owners would be better off with hamsters too.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Gorilla_Mama wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 12:13 pm Keeping your animals safe [] is the owners responsibility.

It’s not OPs fault or problem that the cat got into her lilys.
I agree.

If a neighbourhood isn't safe place to have a cat (such as right next to a very busy road), then that's not the right pet to have if you want to live there.

It isn't unreasonable to ask IF someone is willing to make a change in order to make it a safe neighbourhood. It would even be reasonable to offer something in exchange, to compensate them for making the change. But you don't have a right to demand it, or expect that they will make the change.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic