Why

Anonymous 1

Unread post

With all of the technology we have these days why don't they put a camera on the side of these tractor trailers to eliminate their huge right side blind spots? They drive down the middle lane of the interstate at under the speed limit and to avoid being in their blind spot I have to go from the slow lane all of the way around into the fast lane and honestly I'm sick of it. Why not put cameras there to fix a very dangerous problem?
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Because they don't want to pay for it.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In that type of situation I don't avoid passing them on the right. I just don't camp in their blind spot. If I'm going to pass them I do so quickly and move on. Never camp out next to a tractor trailer.

Honestly, I don't avoid passing on the right at all. If someone is going slower than traffic and isn't in the far right lane, that's their problem not mine. I'll pass them on the right and keep going.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Because passing on the left is safer regardless and should always be the habit.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

If I don't feel comfortable passing a big truck, I just go slower and let them stay far ahead of me.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:13 pm Because passing on the left is safer regardless and should always be the habit.
Following the law and staying to the right except to pass makes that easy and possible. Camping out in the middle lane going 5-10 mph under the speed limit doesn't. Especially if the interstate is busy and everyone is having to go around.
But that doesn't answer my question. We require backup cameras on new cars despite the cost why not on these trucks to eliminate that huge blind spot?
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:05 pm In that type of situation I don't avoid passing them on the right. I just don't camp in their blind spot. If I'm going to pass them I do so quickly and move on. Never camp out next to a tractor trailer.

Honestly, I don't avoid passing on the right at all. If someone is going slower than traffic and isn't in the far right lane, that's their problem not mine. I'll pass them on the right and keep going.
I've honestly done that before because the interstate was busy and there was no way for 3 lanes to merge into 1 to pass a truck that didn't want to move over.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:15 pm If I don't feel comfortable passing a big truck, I just go slower and let them stay far ahead of me.
Its not that I don't feel comfortable passing its that it's a pain to move over 2 lanes then back over 2 lanes with everyone else trying to get past them too because they want to go under the speed limit in the middle lane. If they had a camera I could pass them on the right (maintaining my speed of 5 over the speed limit) without worrying about being in their blind spot.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Notify your state's DOT office.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:16 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 2:13 pm Because passing on the left is safer regardless and should always be the habit.
Following the law and staying to the right except to pass makes that easy and possible. Camping out in the middle lane going 5-10 mph under the speed limit doesn't. Especially if the interstate is busy and everyone is having to go around.
But that doesn't answer my question. We require backup cameras on new cars despite the cost why not on these trucks to eliminate that huge blind spot?
Backup cameras are horrible. Nobody looks to see if anyone's coming from the left or right anymore because they depend on those stupid cameras.
Locked Previous topicNext topic