New York law aims to stop funding of illegal Israeli settlements in West Bank

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Have you ever read the Christian Bible? This may seem odd to you, but my first doubts about the religion my parents were raising us happened at 6. I was in first grade. In church, we were learning about the birth of Christ and G-d’s covenants. That the child was to be the savior, the whole path to heaven being through his sacrifice and believing in him as the savior. My first grade teacher was Jewish. She taught us about Hanukkah. One of the students asked why she doesn’t celebrate Christmas and I think she explained as best she could but don’t remember exactly how she explained it. Next Sunday comes, and I’m asking all kinds of questions because hey, the Bible teaches that the Hebrews are G-ds’s chosen people. AND it teaches that only through Christ can one enter heaven…so Jews are exempt right? I mean,

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:51 pm So? It’s still a sect. Every group that has its own set of beliefs and doctrines within a larger group are sects. It’s not a matter of numbers. There’s no one absolute Christian doctrine. They can believe whatever they want, other Christian sects can disagree. It doesn’t mean they have the truth and all other sects and their beliefs are are “frauds”.
Della wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:19 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:29 pm Meh. Two guys that created their own Christian religious sects. The opinion of 2 guys doesn’t make something you believe a “fraud”.

You think it's just a sect?! It spread through out protestantism. It was not a Christian edict to believe what they spread. Dispensationalism... poppycock!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’ve never read the NT, TBH. I’ve had some experiences with born again Christians on CM and it was always how I was going to hell because I haven’t accepted Jesus as my savior. So I’m not sure how they reconcile the 2 ideas, but from what some of them told me we were G-d’s children, but because we didn’t accept Jesus as a savior, we lost His favor, unless we do that at some point. So no we’re kind of the means to an end, something like that. We have to keep the land to bring forth the Second Coming, but once that happens, we’re doomed.
Maybe I misunderstood, I don’t know.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:07 pm Have you ever read the Christian Bible? This may seem odd to you, but my first doubts about the religion my parents were raising us happened at 6. I was in first grade. In church, we were learning about the birth of Christ and G-d’s covenants. That the child was to be the savior, the whole path to heaven being through his sacrifice and believing in him as the savior. My first grade teacher was Jewish. She taught us about Hanukkah. One of the students asked why she doesn’t celebrate Christmas and I think she explained as best she could but don’t remember exactly how she explained it. Next Sunday comes, and I’m asking all kinds of questions because hey, the Bible teaches that the Hebrews are G-ds’s chosen people. AND it teaches that only through Christ can one enter heaven…so Jews are exempt right? I mean,

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:51 pm So? It’s still a sect. Every group that has its own set of beliefs and doctrines within a larger group are sects. It’s not a matter of numbers. There’s no one absolute Christian doctrine. They can believe whatever they want, other Christian sects can disagree. It doesn’t mean they have the truth and all other sects and their beliefs are are “frauds”.

You think it's just a sect?! It spread through out protestantism. It was not a Christian edict to believe what they spread. Dispensationalism... poppycock!
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, sadly you did not misunderstand. Most Christians I know wouldn't say that to your face because frankly they have never thought it or even thought about it. Though when I had asked was many years ago, I had the lasting impression that I asked something none of the people I asked had ever thought about or considered. I had nightmares for weeks and wanted to hide all Jews around the world from G-d. It was so bad my parents took me to a child psychologist. That was when I was first diagnosed as having OCD.

Not all people who claim to be allies of Israel, of zionism, of Jews are. Some are actually antisemitic and not all people who are against the Israeli government and even against zionism are antisemitic. Zionism is more complicated for some people. We aren't talking about land that is just the ancestral land of Jews but of others as well. Some do not feel anyone has the right to say one group has more right than another.

Propaganda isn't just from one side. I'll be blunt a lot of your responses when it comes to the topic of Israel sounds like propaganda. Israel as a Jewish Nation, is always the victim, does no wrong, always defending themselves. That does come across as placing a nation on a pedestal. Israeli government has repeatedly denounced OHCHR, saying antisemitism and biases, without actually providing any evidence. OHCHR hasn't held Israel to any standard they do not hold every other nation too. The Israeli government is coming across to a more and more people globally as expecting to be placed on a pedestal, not questioned, not criticized and any negative perception is called antisemitism or believing propaganda.

I am opposed to the US sending billions of dollars to Israel. It has nothing to do with antisemitism. I am opposed to the US sending billions of dollars to any nation. You are supposed to secure your own oxygen mask before securing those who need help around you. Im not opposing to helping nations, just billions? When we have children and elderly going hungry and/or homeless? That's not being fiscally conservative.

I never automatically believe allegations, I have researched and I do agree with OHCHR. I have extensively researched without biases and frankly too many innocent people have been harmed in a tug of war for over 80 years created by another nation for their own agenda.

You asked why this bill specifies instead of both sides? Because we already have laws that prevent organizations from legally supporting terrorists which the US already recognizes the Hamas as being. It seems like there is a loophole that this bill is trying to close, maybe it needs to be worded differently, I haven't done the research to see if it is being used by others or how it could be best worded that doesn't seem exclusive without it just being a repeat of already existing laws. Im not sure anyone is automatically assuming about Israel, Haaretz has been reporting on this for years including that funds have gone to supporting accused and convicted terrorists because of a loophole that doesn't recognize the organizations as funding terrorists. Its not even preventing them from donating, just from taking a tax deduction from the donation. Assuming antisemitism is as harmful as antisemitism. You, general, are going to alienate allies if you keep telling them they are antisemitic for seeing biases and discriminations toward the "other side" that you can not see, for calling out human rights violations and questioning what is seen as human rights violations.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:27 pm I’ve never read the NT, TBH. I’ve had some experiences with born again Christians on CM and it was always how I was going to hell because I haven’t accepted Jesus as my savior. So I’m not sure how they reconcile the 2 ideas, but from what some of them told me we were G-d’s children, but because we didn’t accept Jesus as a savior, we lost His favor, unless we do that at some point. So no we’re kind of the means to an end, something like that. We have to keep the land to bring forth the Second Coming, but once that happens, we’re doomed.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:07 pm Have you ever read the Christian Bible? This may seem odd to you, but my first doubts about the religion my parents were raising us happened at 6. I was in first grade. In church, we were learning about the birth of Christ and G-d’s covenants. That the child was to be the savior, the whole path to heaven being through his sacrifice and believing in him as the savior. My first grade teacher was Jewish. She taught us about Hanukkah. One of the students asked why she doesn’t celebrate Christmas and I think she explained as best she could but don’t remember exactly how she explained it. Next Sunday comes, and I’m asking all kinds of questions because hey, the Bible teaches that the Hebrews are G-ds’s chosen people. AND it teaches that only through Christ can one enter heaven…so Jews are exempt right? I mean,

mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

This is an interesting discussion on this topic (dispensationalism) if interested. It’s about 45 minutes long.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Going point by point

1) “Zionism” can indeed be complicated when you don’t know what it actually means. As I said, the term has been demonized in order to pass antisemitism as more acceptable. Don’t say “Jews”, say “Zionists”. Many self proclaimed “anti Zionists” when confronted with the actual definition, they realize they’re not anti Zionist at all. Zionism means the right of Jews to self determination in their ancestral home. It doesn’t mean they’re exclusively in that land. And that’s why not only Jews, but Muslims, Christians, Druzes and Jews coexist peacefully within Israel. All of them having equal rights.

2) I’m sorry, but propaganda is at least 90% against Israel. I have never claimed that Israel can do no wrong, But I do say and stand behind it, that Israel’s wrongs are inflated in mainstream media to the point that Israel seems to be hold to a different standard than any other country. Last year, the UN passed more resolutions against Israel than against all other countries combined!! Do you really think that’s fair and based on facts? I mean, today in Tel Aviv there’s a Pride parade that’s unparalleled in the Middle East- where for the most part, being gay is either punished with prison or death. It’s so free and equal that there are Arab political parties, some with the platform that Israel shouldn’t exist. And with enough votes, they have seat in the Knesset. But yeah. Israel is worst that Russia…

3) You’re opposed to the US sending money to Israel? Do you really think this is “charity” money? I actually agree with you. Stop sending money to Israel- and stop reaping the benefits. America doesn’t send money to Israel out of goodness. It sends money to Israel as an investment in national security and military advantage. Are you aware that the US has access to Iron Dome technology because of their investment? Or to any other Israeli research? Not to mention intelligence from the Mossad in stopping terrorist attacks?

4) yes, there are already laws against dealing with terrorists. But can you honestly say eyes haven’t looked the other way when talking about Palestinians? They elected a terrorist organization as their leaders and yet, they’re still seen as victims of evil Israel. So when you draft a law targeting Israel for its “crimes” and ignore that Gaza is being controlled by a known terrorist organization, one who claims in its charter that Israel must be eliminated, then sorry, that’s one sided and therefore means a hostility towards Israel that cannot be due to anything else but the fact that it’s the home of Jewish people.

And lastly 5) Seriously? We’re going to alienate antisemites by calling them antisemites? 😂😂. They’re still are what they are. They will never be allies. They will always be about self interest, which is what politics is ultimately about. In the end, even if antisemitic, they’ll do what’s to their benefit. And that’s why many Arab countries have chosen to acknowledge Israel and engage in diplomatic relationships.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:25 pm No, sadly you did not misunderstand. Most Christians I know wouldn't say that to your face because frankly they have never thought it or even thought about it. Though when I had asked was many years ago, I had the lasting impression that I asked something none of the people I asked had ever thought about or considered. I had nightmares for weeks and wanted to hide all Jews around the world from G-d. It was so bad my parents took me to a child psychologist. That was when I was first diagnosed as having OCD.

Not all people who claim to be allies of Israel, of zionism, of Jews are. Some are actually antisemitic and not all people who are against the Israeli government and even against zionism are antisemitic. Zionism is more complicated for some people. We aren't talking about land that is just the ancestral land of Jews but of others as well. Some do not feel anyone has the right to say one group has more right than another.

Propaganda isn't just from one side. I'll be blunt a lot of your responses when it comes to the topic of Israel sounds like propaganda. Israel as a Jewish Nation, is always the victim, does no wrong, always defending themselves. That does come across as placing a nation on a pedestal. Israeli government has repeatedly denounced OHCHR, saying antisemitism and biases, without actually providing any evidence. OHCHR hasn't held Israel to any standard they do not hold every other nation too. The Israeli government is coming across to a more and more people globally as expecting to be placed on a pedestal, not questioned, not criticized and any negative perception is called antisemitism or believing propaganda.

I am opposed to the US sending billions of dollars to Israel. It has nothing to do with antisemitism. I am opposed to the US sending billions of dollars to any nation. You are supposed to secure your own oxygen mask before securing those who need help around you. Im not opposing to helping nations, just billions? When we have children and elderly going hungry and/or homeless? That's not being fiscally conservative.

I never automatically believe allegations, I have researched and I do agree with OHCHR. I have extensively researched without biases and frankly too many innocent people have been harmed in a tug of war for over 80 years created by another nation for their own agenda.

You asked why this bill specifies instead of both sides? Because we already have laws that prevent organizations from legally supporting terrorists which the US already recognizes the Hamas as being. It seems like there is a loophole that this bill is trying to close, maybe it needs to be worded differently, I haven't done the research to see if it is being used by others or how it could be best worded that doesn't seem exclusive without it just being a repeat of already existing laws. Im not sure anyone is automatically assuming about Israel, Haaretz has been reporting on this for years including that funds have gone to supporting accused and convicted terrorists because of a loophole that doesn't recognize the organizations as funding terrorists. Its not even preventing them from donating, just from taking a tax deduction from the donation. Assuming antisemitism is as harmful as antisemitism. You, general, are going to alienate allies if you keep telling them they are antisemitic for seeing biases and discriminations toward the "other side" that you can not see, for calling out human rights violations and questioning what is seen as human rights violations.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:27 pm I’ve never read the NT, TBH. I’ve had some experiences with born again Christians on CM and it was always how I was going to hell because I haven’t accepted Jesus as my savior. So I’m not sure how they reconcile the 2 ideas, but from what some of them told me we were G-d’s children, but because we didn’t accept Jesus as a savior, we lost His favor, unless we do that at some point. So no we’re kind of the means to an end, something like that. We have to keep the land to bring forth the Second Coming, but once that happens, we’re doomed.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:40 pm

This is an interesting discussion on this topic (dispensationalism) if interested. It’s about 45 minutes long.
That is interesting. I’m going to listen to it again when I have a few less distractions.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"...3,412 housing units built for Jewish settlers on occupied Palestinian lands,"

https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/isra ... t-bank-two
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You don’t get it… there aren’t any Palestinian occupied lands!!!! They don’t exist!!! You might as well accuse evil Jews of “occupying” Narnian territory.
Della wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:33 am "...3,412 housing units built for Jewish settlers on occupied Palestinian lands,"

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:34 am You don’t get it… there aren’t any Palestinian occupied lands!!!! They don’t exist!!! You might as well accuse evil Jews of “occupying” Narnian territory.
Della wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:33 am "...3,412 housing units built for Jewish settlers on occupied Palestinian lands,"

There is "the place they used to live where they can't live anymore." That's real.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:34 am You don’t get it… there aren’t any Palestinian occupied lands!!!! They don’t exist!!! You might as well accuse evil Jews of “occupying” Narnian territory.

Talk about wanting to wipe a group of people off the map.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic