New York law aims to stop funding of illegal Israeli settlements in West Bank

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Because questioning Israel and being “anti Israel” are 2 different things. Because I may question the actions of Trump, or Biden, or Obama, or Nixon, but that doesn’t mean I’m “questioning America”. And it definitely doesn’t push me to seek arguments and reasons to further negative sentiments towards a COUNTRY when I’m supposed to just question the actions of some individuals. Because the spread of lies and misinformation doesn’t result in Israel being criticized. It’s resulting in JEWS around the world being attacked. So if you want to accuse someone of equating “questioning Israel” with “antisemitism”, ask the many that are using their “questioning” of Israel to attack innocent Jews both in Israel and around the world. Those are the ones making the two the same thing.
You want to question Israel? Fine, by all means. But do it without lies and antisemitic rhetoric. Unfortunately, so much of that is being propagated by terrorist groups that even the most good natured of people can fall for it. Learn your history, look at facts, understand the circumstances and then question whatever you want. But when someone has no other argument than continuously accusing Israel of being “racist” without obviously having a single shred of knowledge and understanding about the history, facts and reality, then what do you suppose that person is? Where does that hostility come from? Certainly not from any actual reasons.
And what about the double standard? Russia can invade a country, commit the most atrocious of war crimes and the world just gets over it or just go yeah, yeah, that Putin is awful”. Give him a slap in the wrist- and then let’s go back to check what Israel is doing so we can condemn it some more. Israel defends itself and it’s the UN bashing it, wrongful accusations of apartheid and ethnic cleansing, and the vilifying of not only the government, but the whole country AND Jews around the world. Even here I saw someone who I’m sure strongly supports sanctions against Israel for “war crimes” say that Russia shouldn’t get any because the poor Russian people, it’s not their fault.
So how can it be anything else when the “criticism” of Israel takes such unique form that no other country faces? What makes Israel unique that it’s treated so unequally and frankly, unfairly?

And OMG, YES! Judaism is VERY intertwined with Israel. Totally, 100%. That’s like asking if the Vatican is so intertwined with Catholicism that any criticism of it means criticizing Catholics. Israel is the ONLY Jewish country in the world, the ONE place where Jews can have safety and self determination. Antisemites have vilified the world “Zionism” so much that some ignorant and misguided Jews have fallen for it. It’s a very small minority, though. Survey around the U.S show that about 90% of Jews identify as Zionists. There are others, like Neturei Karta that are anti Israel for religious reasons. But Zionism simply means that Jews should have a country where they can have that self determination in their ancestral land. That’s all. If you’re an anti Zionist, then you’re against Jews having their country in that land. And many people, including some Jews that are very disconnected with their Judaism take it to mean being in favor of unjustified mistreatment of Palestinians. That’s not it. I’m a hard core Zionist, my uncle was head of the World Zionist Organization and I’m against any unjustified mistreatment towards anyone- including Palestinians. And I can guarantee, so was he. I have friends that are ultra Zionists, and they’ll be the first ones to talk against Netanyahu and criticize settlements. Those are current political issues, that’s not the core of it. If you’re anti Zionist you’re against a Jewish state in that land. Are you against Zionism then?

And regarding your article, it’s simply an opinion piece and I personally think that a lot of that opinion is flawed. He may make some points worth pondering, but ultimately I see him missing the big picture, the largest issue. He’s pushing aside that the “questioning” of Israel always and inevitably brings about antisemitism all around the world. So obviously, this alleged “criticism” is being used a lot as a shield to justify antisemitism. Like the OP in this post. Is it always? Maybe not. But I’m yet to find one of these Israel “critics” be consistent when criticizing other countries. Now why would that be…? Are you seriously telling me that Israel has done worse than other countries? Has been especially violent and despicable? Because for starters, that’s not true. And that would be the only valid reason to judge Israel more harshly than other countries. Sign #1 that the “questioning” isn’t that noble and unbiased. And have you, or the writer of that article ever questioned what’s so unique about antisemitism too? Because it is quite unique. The oldest continuing irrational hatred in history.

And ultimately, after fighting Antisemitism for so long, you learn to distinguish between legitimate criticism, good natured but misguided people and antisemites using “criticism of Israel” as a shield. At some point, the signals are too obvious that you can easily differentiate between the 3. You learn to distinguish who is legitimately questioning specific actions, who is simply ignorant but has their heart in the right place and who is just acting out of hatred and disguising it.
WellPreserved wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:13 pm I feel that if we are not allowed to question Israel without being accused of anti-semitism, then we have lost the plot. There are plenty of Jews and Gentiles who are anti-zionists and they should not be written off as anti-semites as it does disservice to both. Is the Jewish religion so intwined with Israel, that any criticism of Israel becomes anti-semitic?

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2019/m ... ntisemitic
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Far-right Israeli Minister Lays Groundwork for Doubling West Bank Settler Population

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/202 ... e74a3e0000
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

306/232

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Israel and Palestine are BOTH guilty or committing genocide and war crimes against the other in order to try to gain territory and impose illegal settlements in the other's land so NEITHER one should receive any external funding from anyone IMO......frankly though they are both blaming one another for the injustices imposed against them by Britain and the Balfour declaration and they will continue to do so until they pull their heads out of their asses and stop with the zionist/religious bullshit. Are Judaism and Islam not both children of the same God? At this point it's a power grab with religion being used as the easy excuse/trap to justify persecution on BOTH sides and garner support for whichever side....all religion is bullshit anyway....that's why it's so easy to manipulate it for political gain.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No. But that land does belong to Israel. And again, they didn’t capture it from any “palestinians” because such a country didn’t exist. The West Bank was Jordanian territory and they lost it to Israel after they attacked Israel in 1967. If anyone has no claim whatsoever over that land is the newly formed State of Palestine because that land was no part of the former British Mandate of Palestine and obviously, no part of the partition of the region.
So yes, Israel has a right to exist in the area that they captured from Jordan, just as the U.S has a right to exist in Texas, California, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado after the Mexican-American War.
Where do you think the name Judea comes from? From Yehudah, one of the sons of Jacob. The word “yehudi”, meaning Jewish in Hebrew also comes from the name Yehudah. So there’s a long history of it being Israelite land.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And it was just an empty space waiting for the chosen people to return. Blah, blah, blah.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:12 pm No. But that land does belong to Israel. And again, they didn’t capture it from any “palestinians” because such a country didn’t exist. The West Bank was Jordanian territory and they lost it to Israel after they attacked Israel in 1967. If anyone has no claim whatsoever over that land is the newly formed State of Palestine because that land was no part of the former British Mandate of Palestine and obviously, no part of the partition of the region.
So yes, Israel has a right to exist in the area that they captured from Jordan, just as the U.S has a right to exist in Texas, California, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado after the Mexican-American War.
Where do you think the name Judea comes from? From Yehudah, one of the sons of Jacob. The word “yehudi”, meaning Jewish in Hebrew also comes from the name Yehudah. So there’s a long history of it being Israelite land.
306/232

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Israel has never taken any land from Palestinians, because the State of Palestine didn’t exist until 1988. As I explained, the disputed areas of the West Bank belonged to Jordan before Israel captured them during the Six Day War of 1967. The Gaza Strip was captured from Egypt.
And if Israel wants more land from Palestine, why it that it voluntarily and unilaterally dismantled all its settlements in the Gaza Strip? Many Israeli settler were forced to leave and relocate. If there’s a Palestine today, it was because of this. But what did the Palestinian people did? Chose a terrorist group, Hamas, as their government. A group that, as I mentioned in another has a charter that says, amongst other things that, “There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors.” and “Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it" (The Martyr, Imam Hassan al-Banna, of blessed memory).”
I mean, let’s look at facts. If Israel wanted the same, Palestine would be no more. Truth is, they have the military capacity to obliterate Palestine, they way Palestine wishes to obliterate Israel. But instead, Israel voluntarily gave up land it legitimately acquired during the Six Day War in order to form the State of Palestine.
And both have committed atrocities? Well, sometimes that happens with war, yes. But you can’t compare. Hamas constantly attacks Israel with rockets aimed at civilian populations. And launches them from civilian targets in Gaza, mainly hospitals and schools. Why? Because it’s win-win for them. Israel is actually very hesitant to counterattack because they know civilians are packed in there by Hamas to up the number of victims of Israel’s “genocide”, but at some point, Israel has to protect its citizens and its country. What do you think America would do if, let’s say Mexico fired 1,200 rockets at the civilian population in just a few days? Well, Hamas did that at Israel- from the land that Israel willingly gave up. There’s a saying that I heard a lot during those days, and it’s very true: Israel fires rockets to protect its people. Hamas uses its people to protect their rockets.

Maybe watch this:

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]

And just one more point… don’t say “all religion is bullshit anyway”, as if it’s a fact. It’s your opinion and you’re certainly entitled to it, but there are less insulting ways to express it.
But if you think the base for the conflict is in religion then it’s also not something that’s being done by Israel. Israel is a secular state with a secular government. Jewish Law isn’t the law. You can find people working on Shabbat and non kosher food all over the place, and Tel Aviv is famous as a city that’s very friendly to the LGBTQ community. And most of the population is secular as well. There are several religions coexisting peacefully in Israel, can’t say the same about most Muslim countries, including Palestine.
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:59 pm Israel and Palestine are BOTH guilty or committing genocide and war crimes against the other in order to try to gain territory and impose illegal settlements in the other's land so NEITHER one should receive any external funding from anyone IMO......frankly though they are both blaming one another for the injustices imposed against them by Britain and the Balfour declaration and they will continue to do so until they pull their heads out of their asses and stop with the zionist/religious bullshit. Are Judaism and Islam not both children of the same God? At this point it's a power grab with religion being used as the easy excuse/trap to justify persecution on BOTH sides and garner support for whichever side....all religion is bullshit anyway....that's why it's so easy to manipulate it for political gain.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No, it wasn’t empty. There were both Jews and Arabs in the area. Palestinian Jews were also displaced from their lands after the partition.
And you keep saying you’re not an antisemite, but look at the sarcasm and contempt with which you describe Israel capturing that land in a war they didn’t start 😂
And how many posts have you started on Israel and or Jews in just a week? 3 or 4, I don’t remember. And since you’re on my ignore list, I don’t see much of your posts. Only those where it’s obvious that you’ll spill your hatred. Your obsession with demonizing Israel is pretty obvious and telling. Just own up to it already. It’s pathetic so many people proudly badmouthing Israel and Jews, making it seem as if they’re doing it for noble reasosn, but when called by their proper name-antisemites- they all deny it. Suddenly the pride goes away.
Della wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:20 pm And it was just an empty space waiting for the chosen people to return. Blah, blah, blah.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:12 pm No. But that land does belong to Israel. And again, they didn’t capture it from any “palestinians” because such a country didn’t exist. The West Bank was Jordanian territory and they lost it to Israel after they attacked Israel in 1967. If anyone has no claim whatsoever over that land is the newly formed State of Palestine because that land was no part of the former British Mandate of Palestine and obviously, no part of the partition of the region.
Della wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:26 pm Israel doesn't have a right to exist on what doesn't belong to it.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:39 pm Israel has never taken any land from Palestinians, because the State of Palestine didn’t exist until 1988. As I explained, the disputed areas of the West Bank belonged to Jordan before Israel captured them during the Six Day War of 1967. The Gaza Strip was captured from Egypt.
And if Israel wants more land from Palestine, why it that it voluntarily and unilaterally dismantled all its settlements in the Gaza Strip? Many Israeli settler were forced to leave and relocate. If there’s a Palestine today, it was because of this. But what did the Palestinian people did? Chose a terrorist group, Hamas, as their government. A group that, as I mentioned in another has a charter that says, amongst other things that, “There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are all a waste of time and vain endeavors.” and “Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it" (The Martyr, Imam Hassan al-Banna, of blessed memory).”
I mean, let’s look at facts. If Israel wanted the same, Palestine would be no more. Truth is, they have the military capacity to obliterate Palestine, they way Palestine wishes to obliterate Israel. But instead, Israel voluntarily gave up land it legitimately acquired during the Six Day War in order to form the State of Palestine.
And both have committed atrocities? Well, sometimes that happens with war, yes. But you can’t compare. Hamas constantly attacks Israel with rockets aimed at civilian populations. And launches them from civilian targets in Gaza, mainly hospitals and schools. Why? Because it’s win-win for them. Israel is actually very hesitant to counterattack because they know civilians are packed in there by Hamas to up the number of victims of Israel’s “genocide”, but at some point, Israel has to protect its citizens and its country. What do you think America would do if, let’s say Mexico fired 1,200 rockets at the civilian population in just a few days? Well, Hamas did that at Israel- from the land that Israel willingly gave up. There’s a saying that I heard a lot during those days, and it’s very true: Israel fires rockets to protect its people. Hamas uses its people to protect their rockets.

Maybe watch this:

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:59 pm Israel and Palestine are BOTH guilty or committing genocide and war crimes against the other in order to try to gain territory and impose illegal settlements in the other's land so NEITHER one should receive any external funding from anyone IMO......frankly though they are both blaming one another for the injustices imposed against them by Britain and the Balfour declaration and they will continue to do so until they pull their heads out of their asses and stop with the zionist/religious bullshit. Are Judaism and Islam not both children of the same God? At this point it's a power grab with religion being used as the easy excuse/trap to justify persecution on BOTH sides and garner support for whichever side....all religion is bullshit anyway....that's why it's so easy to manipulate it for political gain.
Bullshit. Try going back to the 1948 war don't play the bullshit of "Palestine was never a state until 1988". That's disingenuous and you know it. And Yes BOTH groups have sought to expel the other violently since before the British Mandate expired in 1948. BOTH are guilty of atrocities. PERIOD
Locked Previous topicNext topic