New York law aims to stop funding of illegal Israeli settlements in West Bank

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

New York’s state assembly is to consider legislation to stop registered charities from sending tens of millions of dollars a year to fund illegal Israeli settlements in the occupied West Bank.

State assembly member Zohran Mamdani has introduced the “Not on our dime!: Ending New York funding of Israeli settler violence” act to prohibit tax-deductible donations from being used to expel Palestinians from their land and other activities widely regarded as war crimes under the Geneva conventions.

The United Nations security council has called Israeli settlement construction “a flagrant violation under international law”.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -west-bank
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
hotspice58
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Agree with this
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

At least us Jews in the rest of the world can still donate to our Israeli charities. They’ll be fine. There are many ways to still support Israel against the false accusations of “illegal settlements”. There’s actually no such thing as “occupied Palestinian territories”.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:00 pm At least us Jews in the rest of the world can still donate to our Israeli charities. They’ll be fine. There are many ways to still support Israel against the false accusations of “illegal settlements”. There’s actually no such thing as “occupied Palestinian territories”.
Eretz Israel, correct?
306/232

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Maj. Gen. Yehuda Fox, head of the IDF Central Command, has now signed an order allowing Israelis to enter the Homesh area, and declaring it as part of the Samaria Regional Council.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-may-20-2023/
306/232

Deleted User 2267

Unread post

Real question….

Why do we give such a shit if this is happening in Russia/Ukraine but not many People care if it’s going on in Israel/Palestine…

I really don’t see a difference in the two situations.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Correct, what?
Della wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:25 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:00 pm At least us Jews in the rest of the world can still donate to our Israeli charities. They’ll be fine. There are many ways to still support Israel against the false accusations of “illegal settlements”. There’s actually no such thing as “occupied Palestinian territories”.
Eretz Israel, correct?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Because when it comes to Israel, everything changes. Like every country has a right to exist… except for Israel. Every country has a right to defend itself… except Israel. Instead, it faces false accusations of crimes, of apartheid and of ethnic cleansing when in fact, the only ones openly claiming that their goal is to kill every Jew and completely Israel from the map are the Palestinians leader- chosen by the people- Hamas. They say so in their charter. And yet, Israel is the bad guy here? They gave up Gaza in order to create a 2 state solution and what are they getting? Constant rockets attacks. Is anyone here even aware that in the course of just a few days over. 1,200 rockets were fired from Gaza into civilian Israeli territory? And they were fired from civilian Palestinian locations precisely to lure Israel into having to attack these places fully knowing that there would be civilian casualties that they could explode in their vilification of Israel, but really are 100% their fault.
And how many countries have been shaped through acquiring or losing territory because of war? Oh, but it’s not right when it comes to Israel.
I’ve even seen posters here claim that maybe Ukraine should give up some territory to Russia in exchange for peace and when I asked if they would consider that territory Russia or “occupied Ukrainian territory” they said Russia. I mean, the U.S, gained how much territory after the Mexican-America war? England has now many territories in its commonwealth? The whole map of Europe has changed since I’ve been born, let alone Africa, where borders move faster than Trump after a woman. And all is “fair and square”, right? Oh, but if Israel did it after winning a war that was started by their Arab neighbors? No, that’s not fair. Ant they never won those territories from poor, unjustly misplaced Palestinians. The West Bank was Jordanian territory. So, as I said, there’s no such thing as “occupied Palestinian territories” because that land that’s allegedly in dispute NEVER belonged to the Arab Palestinian people after the partition. It belonged to Jordan and they lost it after attacking Israel. Go cry in the corner.
Bobcobbagob wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:32 pm Real question….

Why do we give such a shit if this is happening in Russia/Ukraine but not many People care if it’s going on in Israel/Palestine…

I really don’t see a difference in the two situations.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:40 pm Correct, what?
Eretz Israel, correct?
You know what Eretz Israel means. Don't play coy.

"Happy to go up to the Temple Mount, the most important place for the people of Israel,” Ben-Gvir wrote in a statement shortly after the visit. “Hamas threats will not deter us, we are the owners of Jerusalem and the entire Land of Israel.”

https://www.israeltoday.co.il/read/we-a ... of-israel/
306/232

Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I do know what it means, I’m just wondering what your point was with such a comment? You didn’t say anything in reply, you just wrote the Hebrew name for the Land of Israel, the State of Israel. What kind of comment is that? What’s the point you were trying to make?
I mean, I could feel the contempt oozing through every letter, was that it? What you were trying to convey with that snappy reply? How absolutely vile you find Eretz Israel to be? No need. I already know of your hatred.
Della wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 7:48 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 6:40 pm Correct, what?

Eretz Israel, correct?
You know what Eretz Israel means. Don't play coy.

"Happy to go up to the Temple Mount, the most important place for the people of Israel,” Ben-Gvir wrote in a statement shortly after the visit. “Hamas threats will not deter us, we are the owners of Jerusalem and the entire Land of Israel.”

https://www.israeltoday.co.il/read/we-a ... of-israel/
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic