Best places to live list came out…

RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

They all seem lovely but I truly do not understand how people can thrive in places with very cold weather.
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

These are all large metropolitan areas… they’d all have Kosher food places and Jewish services
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:10 pm Exactly. Besides, we all have different lifestyles and needs. Me, being an Orthodox Jew, would need a place with a strong Jewish community and services, such as availability of kosher food and religious services. Some small places, although lovely, I couldn’t live in and be happy and fulfilled. These things are indeed too individual and subjective to be able to give it a “rating” as best or worst places.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:25 pm
Bobcobbagob wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:19 am

https://realestate.usnews.com/places/methodology

They go by educational opportunities, job market, housing prices…
First of all with San Francisco on the list I doubt it takes into account housing prices much or homelessness. Sure the jobs pay a lot but a lot of people commute 4 hours each way because they can't afford to live there despite working there.
Secondly as I said everyone's version of best is different. I'd be miserable in a city so none of those places would be best to me.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:01 am These are always ridiculous. There's no absolute best place to live. Personally you couldn't pay me to live in San Jose and I've spent a lot of time there.
Everyone's version of best is different.

I was reading a article about the best places to live in the world. One of the criteria was housing prices, and it was a load of crap. They had Vancouver Canada in the top 5, where the average price of a house is $1.17 million dollars, and average rent for a one bedroom apartment is $2,700. Honestly that is not affordable for most people. Toronto was also in the top 10, where houses average $1.12 million, and average rent for a one bedroom apartment is $2,500.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I personally would never want to live somewhere cold. I can absolutely not deal with a real winter.
However…Florida’s politics are a dumpster fire so there’s that.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am really shocked none of the Kansas City suburbs ever make the list!
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Still. Even if those needs are fulfilled for ME, that doesn’t mean they’re “the best place to live” for others. Personally, I would love a small town to live in, but I know that’s not a possibility for me.
Fact is, it’s very subjective. Many people here have said, and I second that, I could never live in an area with harsh winters. Climate doesn’t seem to be one of the factors and yet it does seem to be a factor to consider for many people.
Bobcobbagob wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 2:40 pm These are all large metropolitan areas… they’d all have Kosher food places and Jewish services
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 1:10 pm Exactly. Besides, we all have different lifestyles and needs. Me, being an Orthodox Jew, would need a place with a strong Jewish community and services, such as availability of kosher food and religious services. Some small places, although lovely, I couldn’t live in and be happy and fulfilled. These things are indeed too individual and subjective to be able to give it a “rating” as best or worst places.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 12:25 pm

First of all with San Francisco on the list I doubt it takes into account housing prices much or homelessness. Sure the jobs pay a lot but a lot of people commute 4 hours each way because they can't afford to live there despite working there.
Secondly as I said everyone's version of best is different. I'd be miserable in a city so none of those places would be best to me.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Anonymous 1

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 3:44 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 10:01 am These are always ridiculous. There's no absolute best place to live. Personally you couldn't pay me to live in San Jose and I've spent a lot of time there.
Everyone's version of best is different.

I was reading a article about the best places to live in the world. One of the criteria was housing prices, and it was a load of crap. They had Vancouver Canada in the top 5, where the average price of a house is $1.17 million dollars, and average rent for a one bedroom apartment is $2,700. Honestly that is not affordable for most people. Toronto was also in the top 10, where houses average $1.12 million, and average rent for a one bedroom apartment is $2,500.
Exactly San Francisco is on this list and the average rent there is $3,300.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

DC is #39. Generally speaking, meh..I agree.

But it definitely depends on the neighborhood. A few are actually some of the WORST places to live in the country.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Stay out of Florida if you’ve got children at least until the raving, racist, deep in the closest idiot we got for a governor is out of office. And yes you can’t convince me he doesnt secretly yearn to wear his wife’s clothing and can’t handle it. That’s why he’s doing what he is. And if I was to stay in Florida I wouldn’t go to Sarasota. I’m old but the people over there are worse.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:19 pm Stay out of Florida if you’ve got children at least until the raving, racist, deep in the closest idiot we got for a governor is out of office. And yes you can’t convince me he doesnt secretly yearn to wear his wife’s clothing and can’t handle it. That’s why he’s doing what he is. And if I was to stay in Florida I wouldn’t go to Sarasota. I’m old but the people over there are worse.
You’ll be very disappointed when he becomes president then.
Locked Previous topicNext topic