WellPreserved wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:33 pm
But this one is my absolute fave! 💅
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm with Bacon. This one looks way better in drag!

Beautiful colors😊

WellPreserved wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:34 pm
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

It seems like a mockery and a big middle finger to the Republicans it's depicting.

I have no issue with drag queens but I am not impressed with the "artistry" and thought process behind this.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I love AI art, but I didn't even use your clipart avatars without permission. Like, Weird Al is not required by law to get permission to do a song parody, but he does it anyway because he's just cool like that. So, I think this is not cool.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I was also really, really dismayed when David Hogg, Stoneman Douglas shooting survivor, was photoshopped into Daisy Hogg, gun-totin' 2nd amendment supporter. (I won't share the images but you can look it up.) It seemed so cruel to do to a kid.

Celebrities are fair game for all kinds of weird fan art - I've seen worse than this hand-drawn and painted at sci-fi conventions - but the fact that these are political figures makes it a political attack. That gives me extra concern.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 2267

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:06 pm It seems like a mockery and a big middle finger to the Republicans it's depicting.

I have no issue with drag queens but I am not impressed with the "artistry" and thought process behind this.
Exactly. It’s just mocking them… the entire argument here is that people should be allowed to dress how they want without being mocked by the public…

This is just using two wrongs to try and make a right.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:41 pm I was also really, really dismayed when David Hogg, Stoneman Douglas shooting survivor, was photoshopped into Daisy Hogg, gun-totin' 2nd amendment supporter. (I won't share the images but you can look it up.) It seemed so cruel to do to a kid.

Celebrities are fair game for all kinds of weird fan art - I've seen worse than this hand-drawn and painted at sci-fi conventions - but the fact that these are political figures makes it a political attack. That gives me extra concern.
What makes this a political attack rather than parody? Political figures have their voice, statements, and appearance altered in popular parody all the time ("The Onion", SNL, Daily Show, Colbert, Randy Rainbow, etc.). What makes this different? Or do all of them give you extra concern?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If this had been done by a politician, I could see saying it's an attack. But since it wasn't...
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic