Why are people still stupid enough to wash chicken?

Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:26 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:20 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:05 pm

It used to be taught that blood is blue in the body and that babies can't feel pain, that doesn't mean we should still believe just because it was taught 🙄
It’s like a quarter of adults over 45 that still think some blood is blue and that sugar makes it so infants can’t feel pain anymore…

It’s hard for people to realize some things they were taught as kids isn’t true… and other people just didn’t learn the new information.
There are people like professional doctors coming out of school now that think black people don't feel the same amount of pain as white people!!! the stupidity in this world is unbelievable.
Black people feel pain the same as everyone else, but … Different populations have been noticed to feel pain differently… redheads for example…

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-res ... -threshold
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

newyearnewring wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:03 am
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:49 am
newyearnewring wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:43 am

Hmm, maybe. I remember never really liking rice even as a kid. I figured it's because I'm Scottish and we don't really eat a lot of rice. I didn't eat plain white rice until I married my Venezuelan husband. I used to joke that he was my rice cooker because even though the concept of cooking rice is simple, I always f**k it up. And I'm a good cook, I just never could make it right. Then, I got a rice cooker and the instructions say to wash the rice so I started doing that and wow, it makes a huge difference. We buy the kind in a plastic bag but we've been using Basmati for almost a year since I accidentally bought 5 pounds of it through grocery delivery, lol.
The instructions said to wash (or soak and rinse) the rice because it gets rid of any starch clinging to it so that the resulting rice isn't a soggy, sticky mass :)

I'm Scottish too and we ate quite a lot of rice growing up rice and chicken broth, rice pudding, etc. Maybe it's regional? I'm from the North East.
Maybe! The only rice I was ever served was rice pudding. My family was from the highlands.
Scottish here as well. Never really had rice unless it was a stir fry. Rice pudding never had it in my life and I would like to keep it that way. It just looks nasty.
newyearnewring
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:57 pm
Anonymous 5 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:49 am

The instructions said to wash (or soak and rinse) the rice because it gets rid of any starch clinging to it so that the resulting rice isn't a soggy, sticky mass :)

I'm Scottish too and we ate quite a lot of rice growing up rice and chicken broth, rice pudding, etc. Maybe it's regional? I'm from the North East.
Maybe! The only rice I was ever served was rice pudding. My family was from the highlands.
Scottish here as well. Never really had rice unless it was a stir fry. Rice pudding never had it in my life and I would like to keep it that way. It just looks nasty.
All of our Scottish recipes were potatoes or flour-based. Pasta was big also but not exactly Scottish.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

newyearnewring wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:42 pm
highlandmum wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:57 pm

All of our Scottish recipes were potatoes or flour-based. Pasta was big also but not exactly Scottish.
Potatoes, potatoes and more potatoes. Honestly hated and still do hate - mince and tatties. But definitely would eat that over corned beef and cabbage
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Why are people stupid enough to ask idiotic questions online?
Anonymous 7

Unread post

I used to wash chicken because I thought you were supposed to. Now I don’t. I never noticed if my mother rinsed it or not.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:07 am

It’s like a quarter of adults over 45 that still think some blood is blue and that sugar makes it so infants can’t feel pain anymore…

It’s hard for people to realize some things they were taught as kids isn’t true… and other people just didn’t learn the new information.
There are people like professional doctors coming out of school now that think black people don't feel the same amount of pain as white people!!! the stupidity in this world is unbelievable.
Black people feel pain the same as everyone else, but … Different populations have been noticed to feel pain differently… redheads for example…

That's interesting! I also think I recall reading something a while back that redheads tends to bleed more, so they have to be extra cautious when doing surgery.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:19 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:07 am

That's interesting! I also think I recall reading something a while back that redheads tends to bleed more, so they have to be extra cautious when doing surgery.
I haven’t heard that yet! I’ve got two redhead kids and I remember taking my son to the ER because he got a dislocated shoulder falling off the couch and I had to keep explaining to the drs and nurses that he was in pain, but he doesn’t show it the same as everyone else… he would just start to giggle in a worried way if something hurt… it’s hard to explain lol.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:05 pm

It used to be taught that blood is blue in the body and that babies can't feel pain, that doesn't mean we should still believe just because it was taught 🙄

Hey
That’s been going on a long time unfortunately.
Locked Previous topicNext topic