Arkansas restricts school bathroom use by transgender people

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Arkansas Gov. Sarah Huckabee Sanders on Tuesday signed a law prohibiting transgender people at public schools from using the restroom that matches their gender identity, the first of several states expected to enact such bans this year amid a flood of bills nationwide targeting the trans community.

The bill signed by the Republican governor makes Arkansas the fourth state to place such restrictions at public schools, and it comes as bills in Idaho and Iowa also await their governor's signature. And it might be followed by an even stricter Arkansas bill criminalizing transgender adults using public restrooms that match their gender identity.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/politics/ ... er-people/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

And day after F***ing day our children will lose more because of the circus adults created for them…

The way everyone brought the sexualization of children into the discussion of them being their most authentic selves is unforgivable.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Jesus Christ. Install a males, women’s and unisex bathroom and be done with this already. I’ve also seen places build individual stalls like a rooms with no gender at all because every one has their private space.

Sick of this crap coming up when it is not that complicated. It’s atrocious how these politicians are using these kids as pawns,
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:44 pm Jesus Christ. Install a males, women’s and unisex bathroom and be done with this already. I’ve also seen places build individual stalls like a rooms with no gender at all because every one has their private space.

Sick of this crap coming up when it is not that complicated. It’s atrocious how these politicians are using these kids as pawns,
I totally agree that this would be a great idea, but we can't pretend it's not complicated. Installing or changing plumbing and walls and doors costs tens of thousands of dollars. I mean, I think it would be worth it, but it's a hard sell.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:18 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 1:44 pm Jesus Christ. Install a males, women’s and unisex bathroom and be done with this already. I’ve also seen places build individual stalls like a rooms with no gender at all because every one has their private space.

I totally agree that this would be a great idea, but we can't pretend it's not complicated. Installing or changing plumbing and walls and doors costs tens of thousands of dollars. I mean, I think it would be worth it, but it's a hard sell.
Its complicated because politicians won’t have it any other way because if they don’t want to find a solution with the resources we have, it won’t be cheap.

If they don’t want to do individual, they can add one unisex bathroom to save on a build out but dragging this out is draining over a matter that most reasonable people aren’t that mad about. I’ve gone to bathrooms like that here and its barely noticeable. I understand the debate about trans students participating in sports but this bathroom drama needs to be put to rest.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

And will they now have potty police to check someone's anatomy when they enter the restroom? How exactly will they enforce this law?
newyearnewring
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I've witnessed women go into the women's restroom or locker room and be confronted because they were butch and looked too masculine. I've also heard women say they don't want men in their restroom, but what if you can't tell if they are male, female, or trans female? I think we worry about this WAY too much. If it's that big of a problem, you can simply change a woman's restroom into a gender neutral restroom without having to change any plumbing- just change the sign. The boys restroom at a school might be more difficult because they have more urinals and fewer stalls but still. Be creative. It's not that hard.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't care who is using what bathroom as long as they mind their own business and wash their F***ing hands.

And honestly converting existing restrooms into unisex or rather more user friendly would not be THAT hard. It really only takes 2 extra strips of plastic to be mounted on the doors (one on the inside one on the outside) to eliminate the damn gap.

However it's no surprise that republicans are creating a false moral panic to attack the LBGTQIA2S+ community. It takes the attention of the corruption and number of church leaders that are being arrested for sexual assault of children.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And what does this bill do for individuals who are not trans-gender? Like parents just trying to help out their young children?

I just saw a story on the internet yesterday, similar to dozens we've all seen before. In this story a dad was out in public with his infant son. Baby needed to be changed, but there were no changing tables in the men's room and no unisex or family facilities at all. So dad chose to take his baby into the women's room to change him. No one had a problem until some lady walked in and saw him and immediately started screaming at him even though he tried to apologize and explain. (Side note: I can't stand women who would go into hysterics like that just because she sees a man in the ladies room. Makes me want to slap her upside the head.)

Point being, there are a lot more reasons than just trans-gender for someone to use a restroom that doesn't match their physical S*x. It's truly time to ditch gendered restrooms completely and create a system that works for everyone regardless of what you have below the waist.
Locked Previous topicNext topic