Florida bill defines drag shows as ‘serious danger to public health & safety’ for kids

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — Florida lawmakers have drafted legislation to ban drag show performances if children might see them in restaurants, bars, or other venues. Should the bill pass, businesses that violate the proposed rules would risk their license to operate.

House Bill 1423, sponsored by Broward Republican Randy Fine is titled “Protection of Children.” As written, the bill states that adult performances that a child may be able to see constitute an “immediate, serious danger to public health, safety, or welfare.”

In response, the legislation would make it so an adult live performance, defined in the bill as:

Any show, exhibition, or other presentation in front of a live audience which, in whole or in part, depicts or simulates nudity, sexual conduct, sexual excitement, specific sexual activities as defined by state statute

Performances that present lewd conduct, the lewd exposure of prosthetic or imitation genital or breasts when it
predominantly appeals to a prurient, shameful, or morbid interest
Is patently offensive to prevailing standards in the adult community of this state as a whole with respect to what is suitable material or conduct
for the age of the child present

Taken as a whole is without serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value for the age of the child present

https://www.wfla.com/news/politics/flor ... -for-kids/
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Good. Kids aren't allowed at strip shows either. Both entertainers are in the same category.

Drag is, and always has been, adult themed content just like strippers. Kids don't need to see that. There's plenty of other age appropriate entertainment available.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’m with you here.

“Any show, exhibition, or other presentation in front of a live audience which, in whole or in part, depicts or simulates nudity, sexual conduct, sexual excitement, specific sexual activities as defined by state statute

Performances that present lewd conduct, the lewd exposure of prosthetic or imitation genital or breasts when it

Is patently offensive to prevailing standards in the adult community of this state as a whole with respect to what is suitable material or conduct

Taken as a whole is without serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value for the age of the child present.”

Shouldn’t that have been the law all the time? Are we really suggesting that it’s not a big deal if kids are exposed to simulated sexual conduct and less conducts? Besides, I don’t see how this applies exclusively to drag shows.
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:40 am Good. Kids aren't allowed at strip shows either. Both entertainers are in the same category.

Drag is, and always has been, adult themed content just like strippers. Kids don't need to see that. There's plenty of other age appropriate entertainment available.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:50 am I’m with you here.

“Any show, exhibition, or other presentation in front of a live audience which, in whole or in part, depicts or simulates nudity, sexual conduct, sexual excitement, specific sexual activities as defined by state statute

Taken as a whole is without serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value for the age of the child present.”

Shouldn’t that have been the law all the time? Are we really suggesting that it’s not a big deal if kids are exposed to simulated sexual conduct and less conducts? Besides, I don’t see how this applies exclusively to drag shows.
Valentina327 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 12:40 am Good. Kids aren't allowed at strip shows either. Both entertainers are in the same category.

To me it should have been. I truly don't know what's wrong with people.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

To be honest… it’s a lot of the drag performers pissing me off on this one…

They COULD have done this all and kept it clean when children were around… but so many of them were showing up with WAP playing, twerking instead of dancing normally and showing up with fake “private parts”…

WTF drag queens?!?!?!

That IS an adult show.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

I mean… this is the top story on Yahoo news right now…

Headline:Undercover agents saw nothing ‘lewd’ at Orlando drag show. Florida is going after venue anyway

Second sentence: The Dec. 28 performance featured campy skits like “Screwdolph the Red-Nippled Man Deer”

So what the hell… who is trying to rewrite what “lewd” means when children are watching…

https://www.yahoo.com/news/undercover-a ... 00748.html
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:06 am I mean… this is the top story on Yahoo news right now…

Headline:Undercover agents saw nothing ‘lewd’ at Orlando drag show. Florida is going after venue anyway

Second sentence: The Dec. 28 performance featured campy skits like “Screwdolph the Red-Nippled Man Deer”

So what the hell… who is trying to rewrite what “lewd” means when children are watching…

What is your definition of "lewd".
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:19 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:06 am I mean… this is the top story on Yahoo news right now…

If it’s a show meant for kids to see?

Stop with the S*x, nipples, genitals and raunchy puns… that’s what makes an adult show geared towards adults…
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Serious danger of what happening?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Crude and suggestive in a sexual way.
Like a skit called “Screwdolph the Red Nippled Man Deer” quite probably is…
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:19 am

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic