Florida bill defines drag shows as ‘serious danger to public health & safety’ for kids

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
newyearnewring
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:55 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:50 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:11 pm

I’m not gonna lie, we had no damn sense of direction at all. So the only streets we knew was Canal, Bourbon and Toulouse for Hand Grenades. 😂😂😂😂. So use to wonder around until we saw the flags or whichever spot we were looking for.

Crime has gotten bad, so I’d be a lot more careful but it was good times.
He's about 6 blocks from Bourbon Street and across the street from Louis Armstrong Park. We didn't have to leave his door stoop to see the entertainment but still did wander because it was awesome!
That’s actually the best/safest thing to do. I haven’t been in many years but a lot of people get balcony rooms downtown so you can get away when you need too.

Nice chatting with you and reminiscing. Lol!!
My brother lives just off of Canal street. He lead his float in King Arthur last month. We've thought about moving to be closer to him because he practically has free entertainment by looking out his front door.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

newyearnewring wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:55 am
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:50 pm

He's about 6 blocks from Bourbon Street and across the street from Louis Armstrong Park. We didn't have to leave his door stoop to see the entertainment but still did wander because it was awesome!
That’s actually the best/safest thing to do. I haven’t been in many years but a lot of people get balcony rooms downtown so you can get away when you need too.

My brother lives just off of Canal street. He lead his float in King Arthur last month. We've thought about moving to be closer to him because he practically has free entertainment by looking out his front door.
Has it really gotten that bad down there as far as safety? I haven’t been there since before COVID and I heard it has change.

I was telling Wells earlier that my family mainly does Zulu. I was so jealous seeing all the pictures this year and I’m in Texas at work, looking at a dry King Cake from Kroger. 😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫

Have you guys ever participated? I am thinking about it next year.

And yes, it’s the best free view and entertainment. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
newyearnewring
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:13 pm
newyearnewring wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:55 am

Has it really gotten that bad down there as far as safety? I haven’t been there since before COVID and I heard it has change.

I was telling Wells earlier that my family mainly does Zulu. I was so jealous seeing all the pictures this year and I’m in Texas at work, looking at a dry King Cake from Kroger. 😫😫😫😫😫😫😫😫

Have you guys ever participated? I am thinking about it next year.

And yes, it’s the best free view and entertainment. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
I went in October of 2021 and I am 99% sure someone tried to roofie me in order to steal my purse. I had 2 tall gin and tonics, then my waitress brought me a 3rd drink just as we were leaving. I took 2 sips out of it and noticed it tasted funny but I didn't think twice about it because we were leaving anyway. My brother says I was stumbling, crying, and nothing I said made any sense. I am not enough of a lightweight for 2.5 drinks to get me that drunk. I was also feeling very ill for days. Aside from a broken tailbone, nothing else happened to me, thank goodness. I've heard that people are starting to spike people's drinks in order to mug them.

Other than that, I have never felt unsafe except in the certain areas that are already known for crime.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:25 am This conflation of drag queens and transgender children just caused our kids to lose rights when it comes to what bathroom they can use because republicans are steering popular beliefs better than democrats are right now. They’re playing chess while democrats play checkers.
What proof of this is there? There’s no legislative success in limiting trans rights anywhere but red states, no evidence the position of being against trans rights is driving people to vote Republican and Republican’s opposition to trans rights (including bathroom usage) is a long documented one, not one that arose recently during the debate over drag shows.

Republicans aren’t “steering popular beliefs better than Democrats” in Arkansas, they simply have a supermajority in both legislatures and a Governor who wants to make a name for herself as a Christian conservative culture warrior.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I fully support someone kidnapping DeSantis, decking him out in drag and tying him up in a public square. He's such a F***ing disgusting person who needs to drop dead with a quickness.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Murdoc's Mistress wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:02 pm I fully support someone kidnapping DeSantis, decking him out in drag and tying him up in a public square. He's such a F***ing disgusting person who needs to drop dead with a quickness.
Deranged
Locked Previous topicNext topic