Florida textbook altered to remove references to Rosa Parks’s race: report

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:13 pm Lemons, I have not forgotten about this. The subject matter is currently kicking my family's ass, so I don't have the mental bandwidth. I promise and pinky swear to message you when things settle, but I'm pretty frazzled right now.
Don't mind me, just wanted to say best of luck and good wishes for your family in your time of trouble.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:31 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:13 pm Lemons, I have not forgotten about this. The subject matter is currently kicking my family's ass, so I don't have the mental bandwidth. I promise and pinky swear to message you when things settle, but I'm pretty frazzled right now.
Don't mind me, just wanted to say best of luck and good wishes for your family in your time of trouble.
Aww Thank you. You’re good, I’ll still post but I am just wanna take a break from serious stuff.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 8:13 pm
Lemons wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:27 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:17 pm

I do business with Black people in New York all the time. I don’t need to depend on you for the northern Black experience and thank god I do not.

I’d be embarrassed to admit my family lived near Malcolm X and you’re still that damn ignorant.

You don’t own the northern black experience either.
Kind of sad that once I disagree with you then you become irrational. People can give their personal experiences when discussing issues and I appreciate them as I’m sure everyone else does too.

You never say what it was like growing up where you did like some others do. I was telling you my area where I grew up. During the 40’s and 50’s Roxbury became majority Black as the Second Great Migration took place. White people like my family still lived there until the 70s when it got crazy.

There were massive low income housing projects. Roxbury was predominantly Black, South Boston and Charlestown were White residents. The 70s a judge ordered bussing due to neighborhoods being so segregated. This is when the White people on South Boston and Charlestown showed their true colors, although most knew already.
South Boston was an insulated area of Boston where these White people thought living in public housing was their birthright. They threw rocks at the bus, bananas at the kids. This was an ugly chapter in the North

Where is this email. Please message it to me.
Lemons, I have not forgotten about this. The subject matter is currently kicking my family's ass, so I don't have the mental bandwidth. I promise and pinky swear to message you when things settle, but I'm pretty frazzled right now.
Wishing you the best Southern 💛
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:17 pm

I do business with Black people in New York all the time. I don’t need to depend on you for the northern Black experience and thank god I do not.

I’d be embarrassed to admit my family lived near Malcolm X and you’re still that damn ignorant.

You don’t own the northern black experience either.
Kind of sad that once I disagree with you then you become irrational. People can give their personal experiences when discussing issues and I appreciate them as I’m sure everyone else does too.

You never say what it was like growing up where you did like some others do. I was telling you my area where I grew up. During the 40’s and 50’s Roxbury became majority Black as the Second Great Migration took place. White people like my family still lived there until the 70s when it got crazy.

There were massive low income housing projects. Roxbury was predominantly Black, South Boston and Charlestown were White residents. The 70s a judge ordered bussing due to neighborhoods being so segregated. This is when the White people on South Boston and Charlestown showed their true colors, although most knew already.
South Boston was an insulated area of Boston where these White people thought living in public housing was their birthright. They threw rocks at the bus, bananas at the kids. This was an ugly chapter in the North

Lemons, I have not forgotten about this. The subject matter is currently kicking my family's ass, so I don't have the mental bandwidth. I promise and pinky swear to message you when things settle, but I'm pretty frazzled right now.
I hope you and your family are safe. Sending energy of support and strength to you and yours.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

SoFloMom wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:24 am

Wishing you the best Southern 💛
Thanks Flo. ❤️❤️❤️
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

No, African Americans are not Caucasians. But yes, DeSantis IS an idiot.
Locked Previous topicNext topic