Is covid still around? (I have to test for it on Monday)

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm having surgery on Tuesday (hysterectomy). Had my pre op appointment and all is set. On Monday I have to take a covid test at the hospital. This is really stressing me out. I have everything set. My dh took off work to take me, my mom took off the next day to be with me. I have a ride for DD for school for a week. If I test positive they will cancel of course. Then I have to rearrange this shit all over again. Should I be worried? I have zero symptoms and feel great though I know that apparently means nothing.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Take a home test. if it is negative, avoid contact with people as much as possible from now until the test on Tuesday.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:04 pm Take a home test. if it is negative, avoid contact with people as much as possible from now until the test on Tuesday.
The test is on Monday. I have the free home tests but they are all expired. I am staying in all weekend but was out today 🤷‍♀️
Anonymous 2

Unread post

We still have a unit in my hospital full of covid patients. Also one ICU is full of vented covid pts.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I bet you will test negative.

I am still recovering from COVID, that I got about 2 weeks ago — and I am not sure if my immune system was run down or hubby brought home a weird variant — but damn it took me down!! I was quite ill, and definitely would not have wanted to have major surgery.

I hope everything goes well with your surgery.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:13 am I bet you will test negative.

I am still recovering from COVID, that I got about 2 weeks ago — and I am not sure if my immune system was run down or hubby brought home a weird variant — but damn it took me down!! I was quite ill, and definitely would not have wanted to have major surgery.

I'm sorry you were so sick Live. Get better soon. Just curious did you get that latest Omicron booster? I did in December. No idea if that is in my favor or not. And thanks! And wouldn't you know I started my heavy uncontrolable bleeding bullshit again yesterday so I will be going into this surgery bleeding. Wonderful! Can't wait for this problem to be over with.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:01 am

I'm sorry you were so sick Live. Get better soon. Just curious did you get that latest Omicron booster? I did in December. No idea if that is in my favor or not. And thanks! And wouldn't you know I started my heavy uncontrolable bleeding bullshit again yesterday so I will be going into this surgery bleeding. Wonderful! Can't wait for this problem to be over with.
Yes, I had gotten my booster. But don’t let that worry you, I think I am just more genetically susceptible to this virus. My vitamin D level tanks in winter too, so maybe that was an contributing factor.

The bleeding sounds horrific, so yea, it’s time for that uterus to go, it’s far outweighed it’s welcome, lol. Take care and it’ll be over and you’ll be better soon!
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Can you post after your surgery? I’m curious to hear about your recovery. I’m in my late 50’s and I still haven’t gone through menopause and it sucks to still have a cycle. I’m seriously thinking I need to get a hysterectomy.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yes, Covid is still around and will continue to be around from here on out. And while most people have since built up immunities either from vaccinations or having had Covid it is still a SERIOUS issue in hospitals and contributor to nosocomial infections.

If you have no symptoms and feel great odds are you're fine. However, because you have a major invasive surgery coming up you should be doing anything you can to prevent infection (before and after the surgery) Including minimizing contact with others in public spaces, and wearing mask when out in public to reduce and increase in viral load
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:29 am

Can you post after your surgery? I’m curious to hear about your recovery. I’m in my late 50’s and I still haven’t gone through menopause and it sucks to still have a cycle. I’m seriously thinking I need to get a hysterectomy.
I sure will! I am having my uterus, cervix, and tubes removed. Keeping ovaries as to not go through medical menopause. I'm 47. I have been having horrific bleeding and huge clots for 3ish years that just won't stop. I saw a wonderful obgyn who said lets get this thing out. And I think average age of menopause is 52 so the fact you still have a cycle is ridiculous and frustrating!!
Locked Previous topicNext topic