Is covid still around? (I have to test for it on Monday)

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:01 am Yes, Covid is still around and will continue to be around from here on out. And while most people have since built up immunities either from vaccinations or having had Covid it is still a SERIOUS issue in hospitals and contributor to nosocomial infections.

If you have no symptoms and feel great odds are you're fine. However, because you have a major invasive surgery coming up you should be doing anything you can to prevent infection (before and after the surgery) Including minimizing contact with others in public spaces, and wearing mask when out in public to reduce and increase in viral load
I can't exactly minimize contact as I had to go into the hospital on Thursday for my pre-op appointment with the obgyn and then over to the surgery floor to do their pre-op stuff. And then they spring on me that Monday I have to go back for a covid test, lab work, and to the pharmacy to pick up my surgery medications. So lots of running around that can't be helped. It's whatever at this point.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:12 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:01 am Yes, Covid is still around and will continue to be around from here on out. And while most people have since built up immunities either from vaccinations or having had Covid it is still a SERIOUS issue in hospitals and contributor to nosocomial infections.

If you have no symptoms and feel great odds are you're fine. However, because you have a major invasive surgery coming up you should be doing anything you can to prevent infection (before and after the surgery) Including minimizing contact with others in public spaces, and wearing mask when out in public to reduce and increase in viral load
I can't exactly minimize contact as I had to go into the hospital on Thursday for my pre-op appointment with the obgyn and then over to the surgery floor to do their pre-op stuff. And then they spring on me that Monday I have to go back for a covid test, lab work, and to the pharmacy to pick up my surgery medications. So lots of running around that can't be helped. It's whatever at this point.
Did you miss the "WEAR A MASK' portion of that whole thing. I'm sure they don't expect you to start living in a bubble for 3 days....but knowing Covid is still a thing you should do the bare minimum and wear a mask when in public and avoid anyone you know is ill, even if it's just a case of the sniffles or "sinuses"
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:15 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:12 am

Did you miss the "WEAR A MASK' portion of that whole thing. I'm sure they don't expect you to start living in a bubble for 3 days....but knowing Covid is still a thing you should do the bare minimum and wear a mask when in public and avoid anyone you know is ill, even if it's just a case of the sniffles or "sinuses"
Well the hospital still requires masks so I wore one but half the desk people had it pulled down and anyone who came in without a mask they gave those 2 tie ones so the people just tied the top part and left the bottom open like a bandana. It's honestly a joke. But like I said it's whatever at this point. They want me to take the test even though I feel fine so that's what I'm going to do and hope it's negative.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:05 am
Inmybizz wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:29 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:01 am

I'm sorry you were so sick Live. Get better soon. Just curious did you get that latest Omicron booster? I did in December. No idea if that is in my favor or not. And thanks! And wouldn't you know I started my heavy uncontrolable bleeding bullshit again yesterday so I will be going into this surgery bleeding. Wonderful! Can't wait for this problem to be over with.
Can you post after your surgery? I’m curious to hear about your recovery. I’m in my late 50’s and I still haven’t gone through menopause and it sucks to still have a cycle. I’m seriously thinking I need to get a hysterectomy.
I sure will! I am having my uterus, cervix, and tubes removed. Keeping ovaries as to not go through medical menopause. I'm 47. I have been having horrific bleeding and huge clots for 3ish years that just won't stop. I saw a wonderful obgyn who said lets get this thing out. And I think average age of menopause is 52 so the fact you still have a cycle is ridiculous and frustrating!!
It is frustrating. I was trying to wait it out and go through menopause naturally until I recently had a FSH test done.. my number is 12.05 I’m not even close to going through it. Some say it’s a blessing to still have your youth, but I disagree. I could end up pregnant at 60… lol!
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It sure is.

My niece was just released from the hospital after 2 days there with Covid. Her temp was very high and her throat closed up which made her call an ambulance. She tested positive at the hospital.

Good luck!
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Yes, my dd & her bf went to Florida for a week. They visited his grandparents once. Dd & bf started feeling sickly on drive home. Both tested positive for Covid, the day they got home.
newyearnewring
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

In the past, I have had to take a regular flu test before certain procedures and surgeries. This was not necessarily an uncommon practice even before COVID.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:47 am
Inmybizz wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:29 am

Can you post after your surgery? I’m curious to hear about your recovery. I’m in my late 50’s and I still haven’t gone through menopause and it sucks to still have a cycle. I’m seriously thinking I need to get a hysterectomy.
I sure will! I am having my uterus, cervix, and tubes removed. Keeping ovaries as to not go through medical menopause. I'm 47. I have been having horrific bleeding and huge clots for 3ish years that just won't stop. I saw a wonderful obgyn who said lets get this thing out. And I think average age of menopause is 52 so the fact you still have a cycle is ridiculous and frustrating!!
It is frustrating. I was trying to wait it out and go through menopause naturally until I recently had a FSH test done.. my number is 12.05 I’m not even close to going through it. Some say it’s a blessing to still have your youth, but I disagree. I could end up pregnant at 60… lol!
What is this FSH test you speak of? My maternal family seems to have a history of late menopause (my grandma was 65 for crying out loud). My Aunt's are in their late 50s, early 60s and still no menopause. I'm 47 and just want all of it to go away. I don't have any physical issues with my cycle but I have PMDD that sends me into a depressive spiral for the 10 days before my period starts.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Of course COVID is still around! It's probably never going away. It's just going to keep mutating when it finds someone who never got vaccinated. However, since we now have not only vaccines but antivirals that seem pretty effective, we can afford to breathe a little sigh of relief that we are not potentially going to get very sick or die if we catch it. The chances are much more likely that you could have a cold or allergies since Spring is here and pollen is in the air.

Good luck!
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:55 am
Inmybizz wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:47 am

What is this FSH test you speak of? My maternal family seems to have a history of late menopause (my grandma was 65 for crying out loud). My Aunt's are in their late 50s, early 60s and still no menopause. I'm 47 and just want all of it to go away. I don't have any physical issues with my cycle but I have PMDD that sends me into a depressive spiral for the 10 days before my period starts.
Sometimes, elevated follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) levels are measured to confirm menopause. When a woman's FSH blood level is consistently elevated to 30 mIU/mL or higher, and she has not had a menstrual period for a year, it is generally accepted that she has reached menopause.
Locked Previous topicNext topic