Religious man denied entry to basketball game because of his dagger

Deleted User 1990

Unread post

I mean… sorry. I’ve got a few friends that carry a handgun religiously and think they’re “putting on the full armor of God” like the Bible tells them to… that doesn’t mean they should be allowed to carry it anywhere they want.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:00 am I mean… sorry. I’ve got a few friends that carry a handgun religiously and think they’re “putting on the full armor of God” like the Bible tells them to… that doesn’t mean they should be allowed to carry it anywhere they want.
What religion professes that putting on the full armor of God includes guns? I have never seen that in any bible study I went to.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:35 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:00 am I mean… sorry. I’ve got a few friends that carry a handgun religiously and think they’re “putting on the full armor of God” like the Bible tells them to… that doesn’t mean they should be allowed to carry it anywhere they want.
What religion professes that putting on the full armor of God includes guns? I have never seen that in any bible study I went to.
Christian Nationalism, maybe? It’s more of a political ideology than an actual religion, though.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:23 pm
Christian Nationalism, maybe? It’s more of a political ideology than an actual religion, though.
That makes sense.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The Bible only represent a small group of religions.

There are over 4,000 recognized religions in the world. We shouldn’t sacrifice our safety for whatever these religions claim. I don’t understand why people will regularly allow religion to supersede the good of the majority.

https://nationaldaycalendar.com/world-r ... n-january/
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:32 pm

There are over 4,000 recognized religions in the world. We shouldn’t sacrifice our safety for whatever these religions claim. I don’t understand why people will regularly allow religion to supersede the good of the majority.

I wrote my question the way I did because the poster used a phrase common to Christianity. I would think she's referring to Christians, yes?
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:36 pm

I wrote my question the way I did because the poster used a phrase common to Christianity. I would think she's referring to Christians, yes?
Oh, I don’t know. There are just so many religions where people claim that they have to do or wear certain things. There’s no way to accommodate the ones that can cause harm to someone else.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:24 pm

Oh, I don’t know. There are just so many religions where people claim that they have to do or wear certain things. There’s no way to accommodate the ones that can cause harm to someone else.
Legitimate religious hardware is a thing that can be proven. I don't have a problem with the dagger and it appears the supreme court doesn't either.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

It seems as if there was miscommunication between the Sacramento Kings and Mangdeep Singh. Hopefully it is resolved.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:55 pm
Lemons wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:24 pm

Legitimate religious hardware is a thing that can be proven. I don't have a problem with the dagger and it appears the supreme court doesn't either.
I’m not surprised the Supreme Court sides with religion. I don’t agree with anything goes as long as it’s in the name of religion.
Locked Previous topicNext topic