Rep. Luna demands Capitol Police charge Jane Fonda for suggesting the 'murder' of pro-lifers

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:29 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:52 am Isn’t that the aerobics lady from the 80s?
She’s an actress. And I think she did do aerobic videos in the eighties. She also got into trouble during the Vietnam war. She was anti war, spoke on Radio Hanoi, and posed with a North Vietnamese anti aircraft gun. This is According to indiewire.com. I’m too young to remember that but she’s not any stranger to controversy
Really???? I am an 80s kid and everybody’s mom had her VHS tapes. 😂😂😂😂. All these years, I didn’t know any of this.

Vietnam War was before my time but I would have felt strongly against it too. I don’t know what else she has been involved in but I don’t blame her for that.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:52 am
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:52 am Isn’t that the aerobics lady from the 80s?
Yes, she’s also the daughter of Henry Fonda and sister of Peter Fonda. She was married to Ted Turner. She was in Barefoot in the Park, 9-5, Grace and Frankie, Monster in law, On Golden Pond. She has been a prolific activist for decades:anti-Vietnam war, civil rights, was a huge supporter of Huey Newton and the Black Panthers, supported Native American rights, women’s rights, etc. She’s been known to be on the government watch lists for her activism in the 60’s and 70’s particularly.
Well damn, learn something new every day. I didn’t know that. I’ll have to go read about it.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:08 pm
She’s an actress. And I think she did do aerobic videos in the eighties. She also got into trouble during the Vietnam war. She was anti war, spoke on Radio Hanoi, and posed with a North Vietnamese anti aircraft gun. This is According to indiewire.com. I’m too young to remember that but she’s not any stranger to controversy
Really???? I am an 80s kid and everybody’s mom had her VHS tapes. 😂😂😂😂. All these years, I didn’t know any of this.

Vietnam War was before my time but I would have felt strongly against it too. I don’t know what else she has been involved in but I don’t blame her for that.
My mother didn’t do aerobics. And probably didn’t get a VHS until after I graduated high school. I believe the controversy was that North Vietnamese was the enemy and she posed with their weapons they were maybe using against us. She says she just sat where they told her and didn’t know it was an anti aircraft gun. She also denied reports about POW. I’m sure she made a lot of people unhappy back in the day.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

She most recently did the movie "80 for Brady" which has been advertised on tv if you are one to actually watch commercials. Her other big thing recently is the tv show "Grace and Frankie".

I myself didn't really know anything about her activism over the decades. Only knew of her as an actress.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:05 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 11:52 am
Yes, she’s also the daughter of Henry Fonda and sister of Peter Fonda. She was married to Ted Turner. She was in Barefoot in the Park, 9-5, Grace and Frankie, Monster in law, On Golden Pond. She has been a prolific activist for decades:anti-Vietnam war, civil rights, was a huge supporter of Huey Newton and the Black Panthers, supported Native American rights, women’s rights, etc. She’s been known to be on the government watch lists for her activism in the 60’s and 70’s particularly.
Well damn, learn something new every day. I didn’t know that. I’ll have to go read about it.
I haven’t read her book “My Life So Far” but I want to. I think it’s be interesting.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:25 pm

My mother didn’t do aerobics. And probably didn’t get a VHS until after I graduated high school. I believe the controversy was that North Vietnamese was the enemy and she posed with their weapons they were maybe using against us. She says she just sat where they told her and didn’t know it was an anti aircraft gun. She also denied reports about POW. I’m sure she made a lot of people unhappy back in the day.
My parents were inbetweeners over Fonda. Mom had her workout video, books, and loved her movies with the exception of Barbarella and was a huge fan of all the Fondas. But didn’t agree with her way of activism though they often agreed on the issue. She never denied reports about POWs though. She meet with a group of POWs in an arranged meeting and like most Americans who travels to North Vietnam during that time took mail to the POWs and brought letters back. I want to say she brought over 200 letters from POWs to their families in the US.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I believe they used to refer to her as Hanoi Jane? I've read about this. Didn't see any of it as I was a very young child in the late sixties.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:43 pm

I believe they used to refer to her as Hanoi Jane? I've read about this. Didn't see any of it as I was a very young child in the late sixties.
I wasn’t born until mid/late 70’s. Just remember hearing the rumors and debates about her when I was really young and growing up on military bases. She wasn’t the only American who went to North Vietnam at the time. I think it was more that she was well known, from a well known family, with a well known husband, a very anti war. I know she has answered questions over the photo many times and her answer had never really differed.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Well, I really appreciate the history lesson ladies because this one slipped by me, and it helped me understand her comment.

Unless I read something that changes my mind, she appears to be an accurate definition of woke. Hosting a Huey P Newton press conference at her apartment and taking such a bold stance against the Vietnam War is pretty bad ass.

I saw the clip and I think she said it out of frustration at watching the country go backwards. After everything that generation went through, the outrage is understandable.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:56 pm

She most recently did the movie "80 for Brady" which has been advertised on tv if you are one to actually watch commercials. Her other big thing recently is the tv show "Grace and Frankie".

I myself didn't really know anything about her activism over the decades. Only knew of her as an actress.
IDK how it fell under my radar over the years, but I had no idea either. I just remember her from the 80s and her aerobics videos. I saw her on The View and she looks good.
Locked Previous topicNext topic