Rep. Luna demands Capitol Police charge Jane Fonda for suggesting the 'murder' of pro-lifers

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-luna-dem ... 09658.html

Rep. Anna Paulina Luna, R-Fla., reported Jane Fonda to Capitol Police "for threatening public officials" after the actress suggested the "murder" of pro-life activists as a solution to push the pro-choice agenda.

During an appearance on "The View" Friday, Fonda was asked what ways, besides protests and marching, pro-abortion activists could take action. Fonda responded, "Murder."

This might be a controversial opinion, but I fully support Jane here. She’s not actually murdering anyone, but it’s a statement on how serious the personal infringement is…
Who do they think Americans are? We’re the ones who stand behind “Give me Liberty or give me death”… laws are to make things more fair and just in this country, but if the creation of a law goes against those notions we don’t follow it.
If someone decides to do their best to take someone’s autonomy over their own body away from them, they should expect violence.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Fonda has notoriously involved herself in political controversies, and has been an activist from way back.

I think her comment should have been expected to be pounced on. She thrives on the controversy.

However, I really don't believe she meant what she said.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

One could argue she's exercising her first amendment right. It's not actually a threat, she's probably being sarcastic. I also agree with AZoldcoot. She wants the controversy. And now that I think about it I'd be angry too if someone said pro-abortion to me. No one is pro-abortion. I'd like to see the rate of abortions go down as much as anyone else. My mother doesn't understand how anyone can have an abortion. But she said she's pro-choice, which is the correct term. It's about the right to choose. If a fourteen year old wants to keep her baby it's her choice to do so. If it's a 30 year old married mother of seven she can keep hers too. The former might be a bad choice, but no one should force anyone into an abortion. So Idk what Jane Fonda thought or if she followed up her comment but I get it.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:03 pm One could argue she's exercising her first amendment right. It's not actually a threat, she's probably being sarcastic. I also agree with AZoldcoot. She wants the controversy. And now that I think about it I'd be angry too if someone said pro-abortion to me. No one is pro-abortion. I'd like to see the rate of abortions go down as much as anyone else. My mother doesn't understand how anyone can have an abortion. But she said she's pro-choice, which is the correct term. It's about the right to choose. If a fourteen year old wants to keep her baby it's her choice to do so. If it's a 30 year old married mother of seven she can keep hers too. The former might be a bad choice, but no one should force anyone into an abortion. So Idk what Jane Fonda thought or if she followed up her comment but I get it.
I'll alter that and say I'd like to see the rate of unwanted pregnancies go down. If we do that, the rate of abortions will automatically follow. Because if the pregnancy rate stays the same but the abortion rate goes down, then the population increases and IMO we don't need that.

I know that's probably more nit-picky on the comment than you intended but I just wanted to throw it out there.
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:24 pm Rep. Anna Paulina Luna, R-Fla., reported Jane Fonda to Capitol Police "for threatening public officials"
Does she also report preachers who say similar things?
In his sermon entitled, Why We Won't Shut Up, Dillon Awes of the Stedfast Baptist Church in Hurst said gay men were predatory pedophiles who have either committed S*x crimes against a child or just haven't had the opportunity to do so yet, leading him to the conclusion that "We need to put these people to death"

Awes claimed the Bible's solution to what he called the "sodomite deception" is queer people "should be lined up against the wall and shot in the back of the head."
or
Grayson Fritts told a congregation that he upheld the Bible’s principles, and called other Baptist preachers “weak and spineless” for not doing the same.

The detective ended his sermon at his church in Knoxville, Tennessee, by saying: “Put homos to death.”

Mr Fritts, who is retiring early from Knox County police, has delivered weekly sermons as pastor at All Scripture Baptist Church for about two years.
Now perhaps I'm being unfair to Mr Awes and Mr Fritts, who were both careful to add a caveat at the end of their preaching that of course the government should be taking on responsibility for doing this pest extermination and not leaving it up to private citizens, so it isn't clear they were fully advocating breaking the law...

...but there are a heck of a lot of preachers out there who don't add that caveat. Did Ms Luna report any of them?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:22 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:03 pm One could argue she's exercising her first amendment right. It's not actually a threat, she's probably being sarcastic. I also agree with AZoldcoot. She wants the controversy. And now that I think about it I'd be angry too if someone said pro-abortion to me. No one is pro-abortion. I'd like to see the rate of abortions go down as much as anyone else. My mother doesn't understand how anyone can have an abortion. But she said she's pro-choice, which is the correct term. It's about the right to choose. If a fourteen year old wants to keep her baby it's her choice to do so. If it's a 30 year old married mother of seven she can keep hers too. The former might be a bad choice, but no one should force anyone into an abortion. So Idk what Jane Fonda thought or if she followed up her comment but I get it.
I'll alter that and say I'd like to see the rate of unwanted pregnancies go down. If we do that, the rate of abortions will automatically follow. Because if the pregnancy rate stays the same but the abortion rate goes down, then the population increases and IMO we don't need that.

I know that's probably more nit-picky on the comment than you intended but I just wanted to throw it out there.
Right on the unwanted pregnancies. I just hate the term pro abortion. It implies we’re cold hearted on the subject which really isn’t true.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:53 am
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:22 pm

Right on the unwanted pregnancies. I just hate the term pro abortion. It implies we’re cold hearted on the subject which really isn’t true.
The way I see it, I’m pro-choice because I’m pro-life not pro-abortion. Really the most accurate terms for each side is pro-choice and anti-choice. That’s it. Pro-choicers aren’t all pro-abortion. There’s many reasons why a person can choose to be pro choice. On the flip side, anti-choicers aren’t really pro-life when the only life they actually are choosing is that of the fetus, not the woman’s. Some of them agree with the death penalty and some have attacked, injured and even killed for their “pro-life” message, making “pro-life” an inaccurate term.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Isn’t that the aerobics lady from the 80s?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:52 am Isn’t that the aerobics lady from the 80s?
She’s an actress. And I think she did do aerobic videos in the eighties. She also got into trouble during the Vietnam war. She was anti war, spoke on Radio Hanoi, and posed with a North Vietnamese anti aircraft gun. This is According to indiewire.com. I’m too young to remember that but she’s not any stranger to controversy
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:52 am Isn’t that the aerobics lady from the 80s?
Yes, she’s also the daughter of Henry Fonda and sister of Peter Fonda. She was married to Ted Turner. She was in Barefoot in the Park, 9-5, Grace and Frankie, Monster in law, On Golden Pond. She has been a prolific activist for decades:anti-Vietnam war, civil rights, was a huge supporter of Huey Newton and the Black Panthers, supported Native American rights, women’s rights, etc. She’s been known to be on the government watch lists for her activism in the 60’s and 70’s particularly.
Locked Previous topicNext topic