How do people even find the time to launch such ridiculous lawsuits…

Deleted User 1990

Unread post

https://www.yahoo.com/news/buffalo-wild ... 52552.html

Buffalo Wild Wings sued by Chicago man because their 'wings' are breast meat

When a restaurant fries up a chunk of chicken breast, covers it in Buffalo sauce and calls it a wing, is it a harmless little issue of semantics, or consumer fraud?

A new federal lawsuit makes no bones about it: The suit alleges the practice is fraud and companies like Buffalo Wild Wings are duping customers by selling chicken wings that aren't in fact wings.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Consumer fraud. I mean I'm a vegetarian so not going to lose sleep over it but it is fraud, isn't it?
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Some people really make me wonder how they walk and breathe at the same time.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If they are marketing them as "WINGS" and they aren't actually wings and the menu does not expressly state that it is made from chicken breast.....that's text book consumer fraud.

Now do I think it's a bit ridiculous to sue over.....yeah and I think there's some legal wiggle room for the company if they are sold as "boneless wings" or if it's stated that it's "White meat chicken" it all boils down to the menu description really.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Is it wing meat or chicken breast strips in wing sauce? If the wings aren’t made of wing meat they should be called something else or it should stated wings are made from breast meat.

I believe it is consumer fraud..However, I don’t eat boneless wings so I would not be that invested in the truth.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

So he is complaining that "boneless wings" are white meat instead of dark meat.... This is normal and every "boneless wing" is simply a chicken nugget. Everyone knows that, there are even jokes about "adult nuggies" i don't see him winning this one.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:05 pm Is it wing meat or chicken breast strips in wing sauce? If the wings aren’t made of wing meat they should be called something else or it should stated wings are made from breast meat.

I believe it is consumer fraud..However, I don’t eat boneless wings so I would not be that invested in the truth.
Boneless wings have always been chunks of white meat covered in sauce. Every restaurant I've ever been to that serves wings/boneless wings used white meat chunks of chicken even places like pizza hut and papa johns.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:24 pm If they are marketing them as "WINGS" and they aren't actually wings and the menu does not expressly state that it is made from chicken breast.....that's text book consumer fraud.

Now do I think it's a bit ridiculous to sue over.....yeah and I think there's some legal wiggle room for the company if they are sold as "boneless wings" or if it's stated that it's "White meat chicken" it all boils down to the menu description really.
"Boneless wings" are always chunks of white meat. And it doesn't have to be stated that it's "white meat chunks" on the menu. Buffalo wild wings has a bone in section and a boneless section. Clear difference.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:10 pm Consumer fraud. I mean I'm a vegetarian so not going to lose sleep over it but it is fraud, isn't it?
No it isn't. They are talking about "boneless wings" which have always been chunks of white meat chicken covered in sauce.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

He will probably win quite a bit of money
Locked Previous topicNext topic