How do people even find the time to launch such ridiculous lawsuits…

mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:42 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:02 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:19 am If I'm thinking of the chicken as a whole fryer, the wings are dark meat. BWW's states that their "wings" are white meat.

Does the man understand this?

He's either in need of some cash or he's attempting to set a precedent, which indicates to ME that he really doesn't understand the anatomy of a chicken.
Or he’s fully aware of the anatomy of a chicken and is pissed that they price it as wing meat when it’s not.
The lawsuit makes the case that whether the product is made of wing meat is relevant for two reasons. Firstly, it says, restaurants often charge more for wings than for nuggets. Secondly, it says, customers might not buy the product if they knew it was not actually made of wing meat, or at least might be unwilling to pay as much as Buffalo Wild Wings is charging.
https://www.boston.com/food/food-news/2 ... ngs/?amp=1
Yet, BWW notes it's white meat used for their "wings."

It's a frivolous lawsuit.
I never stated otherwise.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I thought everyone knew that when you order "boneless wings" that you are actually getting glorified chicken nuggets covered with wing sauce. And I thought everyone knew they were white meat.

But just because I can, I just went to Buffalo Wild Wings to their online order option, clicked on "boneless wings", scrolled down a little and found this (sorry don't know how to do screen shot):

ABOUT THE WINGS
JUICY ALL-WHITE CHICKEN / LIGHTLY BREADED / HANDSPUN IN CHOICE OF SAUCE OR DRY SEASONING
Nutrition & Allergen Guide

You don't even have to scroll that far and it's not even small print. This guy that's suing should not win a dime because if he really cared about what type of meat he's eating it would have been pretty easy to find out.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:43 pm I thought everyone knew that when you order "boneless wings" that you are actually getting glorified chicken nuggets covered with wing sauce. And I thought everyone knew they were white meat.

But just because I can, I just went to Buffalo Wild Wings to their online order option, clicked on "boneless wings", scrolled down a little and found this (sorry don't know how to do screen shot):

ABOUT THE WINGS
JUICY ALL-WHITE CHICKEN / LIGHTLY BREADED / HANDSPUN IN CHOICE OF SAUCE OR DRY SEASONING

You don't even have to scroll that far and it's not even small print. This guy that's suing should not win a dime because if he really cared about what type of meat he's eating it would have been pretty easy to find out.
I posted the screenshot earlier so everyone can see how big it actually is. (Just adding to your comment not arguing or being rude)
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:04 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:43 pm I thought everyone knew that when you order "boneless wings" that you are actually getting glorified chicken nuggets covered with wing sauce. And I thought everyone knew they were white meat.

ABOUT THE WINGS

I posted the screenshot earlier so everyone can see how big it actually is. (Just adding to your comment not arguing or being rude)
I saw that. One of those situations where I should've read all the comments before posting. ;)
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:29 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:42 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:02 pm

Or he’s fully aware of the anatomy of a chicken and is pissed that they price it as wing meat when it’s not.

https://www.boston.com/food/food-news/2 ... ngs/?amp=1
Yet, BWW notes it's white meat used for their "wings."

It's a frivolous lawsuit.
I never stated otherwise.
Okie dokie.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I just asked my 13 year old what boneless chicken wing were, she said chicken nuggets so I asked what they were made of, and she said ‘I don’t know, chicken, like different parts, kinda like a hot dog?’. So she at least they weren’t made of boneless wings lol
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:57 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:12 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:49 am

Boneless wings have always been chunks of white meat covered in sauce. Every restaurant I've ever been to that serves wings/boneless wings used white meat chunks of chicken even places like pizza hut and papa johns.
I didn’t know that. If I ordered boneless wings I would think I was getting a deboned wing piece of meat.
Then you obviously do not pay attention to the menu. It's clearly stated.
I don't even eat wings, bone in or boneless, and know this.

How exactly do you think that would come on your plate.... Just shredded chicken? That's really the only way you could get "boneless" wing meat.
I know you can debone a chicken wing so I would imagine it would look like a debone chicken wings(drumette and the flat piece.)
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The guy loves to pull this kind of crap.

“This isn't the plaintiff's first class-action suit against a household-brand name. Halim has also sued KIND over the claim that its granola bars are high in fiber, Tom's of Maine for labeling its Wicked Fresh! Mouthwash as "natural," and Reynolds Consumer Products over the recyclability of its Hefty-brand trash bags.”

https://www.foodandwine.com/man-sues-b ... ng-7255887

Obviously he’s a little gold digger looking to make easy money. This lawsuit was dismissed and still he threatened to refile it.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And chicken fingers aren’t actually fingers. Hot dogs aren’t dogs. Rocky Mountain Oysters aren’t actually oysters.
There are many dishes that are named a certain way and it doesn’t mean it should be taken literally. Boneless wings are called that way to differentiate them from chicken nuggets. Nuggets are made with ground chicken meat, while boneless “wings” are made with cut pieces of white meat.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:48 am They call them BONELESS wings, as in deboned wings. They aren't made out of wing meat. They aren't wings.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Locked Previous topicNext topic