How do people even find the time to launch such ridiculous lawsuits…

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:19 am He will probably win quite a bit of money
No he won't. He ordered boneless wings... Which are simply just chicken nuggets lol.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Just to say.... It is advertised as white meat chicken on the website and on their actual menu. I've been multiple times. And literally every place that has boneless wings calls them boneless wings. He will not win here.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230315_063207_Chrome.jpg
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I'm with Anon 1 - it's like common knowledge that boneless "wings" are just white meat chicken nuggets. This is no different than suing because the wings didn't come from a buffalo.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

They call them BONELESS wings, as in deboned wings. They aren't made out of wing meat. They aren't wings.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:51 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:24 pm If they are marketing them as "WINGS" and they aren't actually wings and the menu does not expressly state that it is made from chicken breast.....that's text book consumer fraud.

Now do I think it's a bit ridiculous to sue over.....yeah and I think there's some legal wiggle room for the company if they are sold as "boneless wings" or if it's stated that it's "White meat chicken" it all boils down to the menu description really.
"Boneless wings" are always chunks of white meat. And it doesn't have to be stated that it's "white meat chunks" on the menu. Buffalo wild wings has a bone in section and a boneless section. Clear difference.
Have they been? I do think legally speaking the wording/description does matter and will be the deciding factor. If the menu states they are white meat chunks then the guy clearly doesn't have a leg to stand on. Regardless I think it is a frivolous case and rather stupid to sue over but there have been some stupid frivolous cases that have been won on far less.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:29 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:19 am He will probably win quite a bit of money
No he won't. He ordered boneless wings... Which are simply just chicken nuggets lol.
In the end they will probably settle with him and he will get money.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:53 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:29 am
In the end they will probably settle with him and he will get money.
I doubt that on this one. The company can clearly win.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:33 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:24 pm If they are marketing them as "WINGS" and they aren't actually wings and the menu does not expressly state that it is made from chicken breast.....that's text book consumer fraud.

Now do I think it's a bit ridiculous to sue over.....yeah and I think there's some legal wiggle room for the company if they are sold as "boneless wings" or if it's stated that it's "White meat chicken" it all boils down to the menu description really.
"Boneless wings" are always chunks of white meat. And it doesn't have to be stated that it's "white meat chunks" on the menu. Buffalo wild wings has a bone in section and a boneless section. Clear difference.
Have they been? I do think legally speaking the wording/description does matter and will be the deciding factor. If the menu states they are white meat chunks then the guy clearly doesn't have a leg to stand on. Regardless I think it is a frivolous case and rather stupid to sue over but there have been some stupid frivolous cases that have been won on far less.
Yes they have. I've been to several BWW and in the description it says something similar to "chunks of white meat"
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I don’t understand the point of calling food something that it isn’t but I always knew boneless means meant chicken breast. I would think a wing doesn’t have enough meat to make a nugget the size of a wing.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:03 am
Baconqueen13 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:33 am

Yes they have. I've been to several BWW and in the description it says something similar to "chunks of white meat"
Well then the guy doesn't have a leg to stand on. Which is what I said in my first response.
Locked Previous topicNext topic