San Francisco could pay $5 million to each of its Black residents in reparations

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 7:09 pm
Lemons wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:02 am
SoFloMom wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:26 pm

Pretty sure I never said it doesn’t bother me.
But only pointing to slavery dismisses and minimizes all the other horrible shit White America did.
The more time goes by the easier it is to just forget about it. I agree with this from the Washington Post -

“ None of these policies can replace national action. Even combining their efforts, local and corporate entities couldn’t afford the scale of repayment — often estimated in the billions of dollars — that a federal reparations law would probably entail. ”.

So while it’s good that things are being done on smaller scales, pointing out that the federal government is the only way slavery reparations can be done is not dismissing specific areas of the country fixing specific wrongs like Tulsa. It’s not taken away all the other evil White people do.
That’s your problem. Washington Post isn’t going to accurately educate you on the southern Black American experience, our history or current solution because a lot went on that wasn’t documented, so you have no way of knowing.
That’s an opinion on what might address this problem. Nothing to do with “experiences”. Only to try and ensure that everyone gets what is due. San Francisco will never pass that. The federal government is the only one with enough money.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:41 am
Lemons wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:02 am

The more time goes by the easier it is to just forget about it. I agree with this from the Washington Post -

“ None of these policies can replace national action. Even combining their efforts, local and corporate entities couldn’t afford the scale of repayment — often estimated in the billions of dollars — that a federal reparations law would probably entail. ”.

So while it’s good that things are being done on smaller scales, pointing out that the federal government is the only way slavery reparations can be done is not dismissing specific areas of the country fixing specific wrongs like Tulsa. It’s not taken away all the other evil White people do.
That’s your problem. Washington Post isn’t going to accurately educate you on the southern Black American experience, our history or current solution because a lot went on that wasn’t documented, so you have no way of knowing.
That’s an opinion on what might address this problem. Nothing to do with “experiences”. Only to try and ensure that everyone gets what is due. San Francisco will never pass that. The federal government is the only one with enough money.
This disrespectful ass conversation is over. . Stay out of Black people’s business if you can’t be more respectful than this because you’re trying to gas light and push your white liberal agenda off on me instead of listening to learn.

Until then, your opinion does not matter and I will remind you of that on every single thread you use Black people to push your bullshit and bigoted attitude towards the south.

You have a choice to respect what 2 Black members and direct Jim Crow descendants told you or I can keep calling you out on that racist ass behavior.

But dictating and challenging anyone’s black experience will never be an option for you or anyone else who can’t respect that boundary.

You are the main reason why Black people did not half ass vote for Hillary, so you’re doing nothing but shooting your own party on the foot and clearing the road for a Republican President.

You are just as responsible as the people who are voting for him.

You need to stop because you went too far on this thread.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:47 pm

This disrespectful ass conversation is over. . Stay out of Black people’s business if you can’t be more respectful than this because you’re trying to gas light and push your white liberal agenda off on me instead of listening to learn.

Until then, your opinion does not matter and I will remind you of that on every single thread you use Black people to push your bullshit and bigoted attitude towards the south.

You have a choice to respect what 2 Black members and direct Jim Crow descendants told you or I can keep calling you out on that racist ass behavior.

But dictating and challenging anyone’s black experience will never be an option for you or anyone else who can’t respect that boundary.

You are the main reason why Black people did not half ass vote for Hillary, so you’re doing nothing but shooting your own party on the foot and clearing the road for a Republican President.

You don’t even make sense. My post was about a suggestion for the federal government to pay for reparations. And you come back with your usual response I’m Black,I’m from the South. You’re a bigot who hates the South. Just spewing your usual hate instead of adding any substance and possibly explain how you got “challenging black experience “ out of my post.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:02 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:47 pm

You don’t even make sense. My post was about a suggestion for the federal government to pay for reparations. And you come back with your usual response I’m Black,I’m from the South. You’re a bigot who hates the South. Just spewing your usual hate instead of adding any substance and possibly explain how you got “challenging black experience “ out of my post.
Let it go Lemons. I have already told you that your comments has crossed the line of racist and you’re doing nothing but digging a bigger hole for yourself.

It doesn’t make sense because it doesn’t fit your agenda so you are rejecting what Black people are telling you.

I don’t care what excuses you come back with, I’ll remind you as many times as I need too and my stance won’t change.

You need to mind your business because your bigoted attitude stops you from contributing anything productive or of value when it comes to Black issues.

Again, this is the very last time I’m going to remind you that your comments is coming off racist and you need to stop before it gets worse.
Locked Previous topicNext topic