Well, it got real...

mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We're in the home stretch of senior year..L has 7 weeks of school until she graduates. It's amazing how fast senior year goes by..even as a homeschooler. She is so busy between 4 DE courses, 1 HS course, work, karate, youth group, volunteering at Church and at the local hockey rink that time is just speeding by like a freight train. Her last two weeks of school she has college exams, a high school exam, 2 concerts, a wedding that she is a bridesmaid in, tech week as well as their theatre production.

She committed to a school the other day. It's hard to believe that we are here already. She is waiting to hear back from the school about housing/deposits and orientation. In August, my baby girl will be a University of North Georgia Nighthawk. She fell in love with the campus when we toured last summer. She is looking forward to all of the hiking that is available by the campus since it is nestled in the mountains of Dahlonega. I'm really hoping she is able to come out of her shell and enjoy college life. She is leaving her friends behind as she is older and they are all going to still be in HS.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My daughter is racing through senior year too. So weird to think that here we are after all we have been through. Congrats all around for the girls!
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Congratulations…how exciting! Wishing the best for her and you.
newyearnewring
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I'm sure it's a whirlwind. Also, how exciting?! I was thinking about it and I realized I only have two more Spring Breaks with our oldest two. That's just wild. I want so much to make the most of it, yet I also know that they will want to spend these breaks with their friends and not their parents.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

My oldest (also homeschooled) is getting ready to start dual enrollment next year and while it's not nearly the same as senior year I'm shocked how fast these years have gone! I'm excited to see where life will take him but sad that these years are getting closer to coming to an end.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Mine is finishing up his senior year as well. He was going to go straight to college but has had a amazing opportunity come up with his hockey, so college that probably will wait a coupe of years. Thing is what he wants to do he has been told he is too young, and he should wait a few years anyway, as they will not even look at him due to his age. So he is going to take courses that will help his program and also work in a industry that will help. But we are not sure what this opportunity will turn into and do not want to discourage him.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 12:37 pm My daughter is racing through senior year too. So weird to think that here we are after all we have been through. Congrats all around for the girls!
When I posted this, I thought..holy crap. I joined CM shortly after she came home from China in 2007. I think I joined around her 2nd birthday that November. It's hard to believe a lot of these kids were toddlers back then and now in college or graduating high school.
Congrats to your girl!!
Claire
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:09 pm Congratulations…how exciting! Wishing the best for her and you.
Thanks! I swear this year just flew by. I only have 3 years until the youngest graduates. *yikes*
Claire
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

newyearnewring wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:32 pm I'm sure it's a whirlwind. Also, how exciting?! I was thinking about it and I realized I only have two more Spring Breaks with our oldest two. That's just wild. I want so much to make the most of it, yet I also know that they will want to spend these breaks with their friends and not their parents.
It is nuts how fast it goes once they are in HS...when they are in elementary school and middle school in extra curriculars, it's so busy that you can hardly breathe..and then, they get in HS and bam..it speeds by.
Claire
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:44 pm My oldest (also homeschooled) is getting ready to start dual enrollment next year and while it's not nearly the same as senior year I'm shocked how fast these years have gone! I'm excited to see where life will take him but sad that these years are getting closer to coming to an end.
I think that is when it hit me..when I registered her for dual enrollment at the local university the summer before her junior year. Now, it is all becoming a blur. She just went to sit outside at the table Dh just bought for her to sit at to do her schoolwork. She was dragging a chair over by our pool house and propping her laptop on her lap to work so he bought a table and two chairs so she had a good place to work. She is happily ensconced at her table working before she has to be at work at 4.
Claire
Locked Previous topicNext topic