Serious question.

Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Inmybizz wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:02 pm I really didn’t think any of the current nominated movies or actors were phenomenal? They were good(some of them).
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:48 pm I dunno.. I mean.. he’s done good movies, but nothing I would think is phenomenal…
You take that back. Michelle Yeoh and Brendan Fraser have deserved their Oscars since the late 90's And while I understand "Everything, Everywhere, All at Once" can be a difficult movie to follow or even understand you have to give Yeoh credit for jumping between personas of the character so flawlessly, especially being able to play a serious character role with hot dog fingers.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:16 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:02 pm I really didn’t think any of the current nominated movies or actors were phenomenal? They were good(some of them).
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:48 pm I dunno.. I mean.. he’s done good movies, but nothing I would think is phenomenal…
You take that back. Michelle Yeoh and Brendan Fraser have deserved their Oscars since the late 90's And while I understand "Everything, Everywhere, All at Once" can be a difficult movie to follow or even understand you have to give Yeoh credit for jumping between personas of the character so flawlessly, especially being able to play a serious character role with hot dog fingers.
Nope. Not taking it back. I didn’t see whale but I did see the other movie she did not give an Oscar worthy performance.. even the straight face hot dog finger situation.

To be honest, Viola Davis was excellent in woman king. IMO.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Ok no…lol. Alls quiet on the western front was truly one of those phenomenal movies that leaves a lasting impact on people, and pretty much makes anyone that watches it anti-war.

It was really something that should have been best movie overall, not just best foreign movie.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I didn’t see that move. I’m going to check it out.
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:35 pm Ok no…lol. Alls quiet on the western front was truly one of those phenomenal movies that leaves a lasting impact on people, and pretty much makes anyone that watches it anti-war.

It was really something that should have been best movie overall, not just best foreign movie.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

You have to be willing to read subtitles, but it really leaves you with the knowledge that there is nothing on earth worth going to war for…
Inmybizz wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:41 pm I didn’t see that move. I’m going to check it out.
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:35 pm Ok no…lol. Alls quiet on the western front was truly one of those phenomenal movies that leaves a lasting impact on people, and pretty much makes anyone that watches it anti-war.

Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I’ve never thought enough about him to think on the subject. But in general Idc about the Oscars and don’t think they’re a measure of anyone’s ability.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The Oscars are a joke.

Just a bunch of old, rich, white men patting their favorites on the head, and occasionally throwing in a person of color to seem "woke".

I never understood the fascination with it.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I agree Tom's movie got people back into theaters after covid. I loved Maverick. I did not see Whale so I can't speak on that. It has to be the scientology thing.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:14 am I agree Tom's movie got people back into theaters after covid. I loved Maverick. I did not see Whale so I can't speak on that. It has to be the scientology thing.
I guess so.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

KendallsMom wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:16 am The Oscars are a joke.

Just a bunch of old, rich, white men patting their favorites on the head, and occasionally throwing in a person of color to seem "woke".

I never understood the fascination with it.
I haven’t fully watched the Oscar’s in a long time, but I look at who’s nominated and when it’s over who won. I really thought Angela Bassett or Viola Davis would win their movies were good.
Locked Previous topicNext topic