Serious question.

Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What does Tom Cruise have to do to win an Oscar?

He’s made a ton of movies-pretty decent ones at that. Most have been successful at the box office.
He does a lot of his own stunts-death defying stunts.
He pretty much got people back into the theaters after COVID with Maverick. That alone should get him an Oscar.

I guess I don’t understand how the Oscar’s work… lol!
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I really don't think he's that great. He lacks depth and always plays the same types of characters.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

He's not even that great of an actor. Plus f**k scientology
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Maybe not be a whackadoodle.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

I dunno.. I mean.. he’s done good movies, but nothing I would think is phenomenal…
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

He's not bad of an actor, especially early on in his career.

Wasn't he in "Born on the Fourth of July," and didn't he win an Oscar for his performance?

I do think some bias has been formed by some in Hollywood for his Scientology beliefs, which personally, I don't agree with that bias. Religious freedom exists and for good reason.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:41 pm Maybe not be a whackadoodle.
Because of Scientology?
I really don’t know much about it. He seems like less of a whackadoodle than a lot of other actors out there.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

He was nominated for Jerry Mcquire, Magnolia and Born on the Fourth of July but didn’t win. I like some of his earlier movies as well.
AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:50 pm He's not bad of an actor, especially early on in his career.

Wasn't he in "Born on the Fourth of July," and didn't he win an Oscar for his performance?

I do think some bias has been formed by some in Hollywood for his Scientology beliefs, which personally, I don't agree with that bias. Religious freedom exists and for good reason.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:50 pm He's not bad of an actor, especially early on in his career.

Nominated, for that and Jerry McGuire.....lost both.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_a ... Tom_Cruise
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I really didn’t think any of the current nominated movies or actors were phenomenal? They were good(some of them).
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:48 pm I dunno.. I mean.. he’s done good movies, but nothing I would think is phenomenal…
Locked Previous topicNext topic