The day has come 😭

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I bought my suv 8 years ago from a private party and paid cash. It's now 20 years old and pushing 200,000 miles. I've been absolutely dreading the day it needs replaced because l love this car. That day has come and I want to cry. This one has the extended length, trailer hitch, and roof rack along with 3rd row seating. It's 4 wheel drive and has been such a great vehicle.
And now the transmission is having issues and we have 2 long trips scheduled this summer.
I know it's probably because of fuel efficiency but I really hate what they've done with suvs. They look like station wagons now!
So the hunt begins. I hate vehicle shopping!
No real point to this I'm just so frustrated. The worst part is I had this transmission rebuilt 3 years ago (our only major issue with this vehicle).
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have a Subaru ascent and I love it. It has third row seating as well (we have six kids so we need something with eight seats).
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

We just bought a 2023 Mitsubishi Outlander. It's awesome!

Good luck!
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Aww, good-bye to a great vehicle.

The prices on used vehicles are a bit high in our area. I am a mini-van driving mom, so not really much help.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sorry to hear that. My sister will probably soon be in the same boat. Her vehicle is approaching 20 years old and probably the next big repair is going to be way more than it's worth. She's been putting it off as long as she can but that won't last forever.

We have a minivan that's 10 years old and over 200K miles. Luckily it's still hanging in there pretty well. We hope to keep it for a while. We also just bought a brand new Dodge Durango a year ago and it works very well for our needs. I hope you find what works well for your needs.
newyearnewring
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

You can pry my Honda pilot from my cold, dead hands.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I have an 08 Corolla. It better outlive me, because all the new cars suck.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:04 pm I have an 08 Corolla. It better outlive me, because all the new cars suck.
I have a 2012 Ford Focus. I will drive that car until the engine blows up if I must. NPR was saying the car manufactors are focusing on the expensive SUVs and hybrids. Fine. I'll drive that car until it wheezes to a stop on the side of the road out of pure blind spite. I hope everyone else does too until they start with smaller inexpensive cars again.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:12 pm
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:04 pm I have an 08 Corolla. It better outlive me, because all the new cars suck.
I have a 2012 Ford Focus. I will drive that car until the engine blows up if I must. NPR was saying the car manufactors are focusing on the expensive SUVs and hybrids. Fine. I'll drive that car until it wheezes to a stop on the side of the road out of pure blind spite. I hope everyone else does too until they start with smaller inexpensive cars again.
I'm really tempted to get it fixed and just keep it. The miles are high but it has been maintained great (my dad is a mechanic) and I just can't find anything I like. It's a 2003 Chevy Trailblazer with the extended length which is great for us because we camp and my oldest is on a mountain biking team we're all over the place for. Plus my dds dance competitions as well. I just don't know. We have 2 very long trips we're driving this summer.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:12 pm
I can't drive those things. I rented a car this past summer. Wanted a sedan, and they gave me an SUV. I told them I couldn't drive that and they told me I could come back for a sedan. So many blind spots on that thing, so scary. I'm used to looking out my back window to backup and... you can't see properly with an SUV. I can't look at a screen and backup. What the hell are they thinking??! Three hours of anxiety driving that crap. Thanks, but no thanks.
Locked Previous topicNext topic