MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:48 pm
highlandmum wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:43 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:13 pm

Because people also search through other people’s trash for banking statements and papers they can use to steal a person’s identity or open up a credit card in their name…
No one shreds their papers? My cross-cut paper shredder cost me $30. Plus here it's not the garbage it is a blue bin, filled with glass jars, cans, and plastic bottles. The paper is in the green bin, shredded and covered in organic waste. But now I am really confused, you are worried about someone stealing your identity but still put the papers in the trash without shredding them?
Lol no , I don’t shred everything that gets mailed to me… and we only have one big can that everything goes in…you are making it sound like you spend four hours a week dealing with your trash…

Are you trying to tell me that if you see someone rifiling through the trash you just think oh well I’m fine, sucks for the neighbor then if she didn’t protect herself enough from the criminals….INSTEAD of calling the police and doing your part to protect the neighborhood?
Around here it's normal to see homeless digging for cans. Police wouldn't do anything.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

I would be more upset if they didn't pick it up at all

Our HOA doesn't allow for anyone to have their city garbage and recycling cans visible in the front area so this man's complaint wouldn't be ours to begin with.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My question is, did he watch her do it? Did he go back and watch the cameras?

If he watched her and didn’t say anything but took it to FB, that is lame.

If he went and watched his camera, I have to wonder why he doesn’t have better things to do.

Now, let’s say it is something that happens over and over. He is constantly finding dog poop in his trash can, I can see being annoyed.

However, things like that don’t really bother me. As long as it is bagged, I’d probably not even notice.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I use the next garbage can I come across to throw trash away. For example if I drink a drink in the car then stop at the grocery store I throw the empty container away on my way in. If I change my baby in the car I’ll throw the diaper away if I stop at the gas station. I always put the dirty diaper in a plastic bag first before I toss it. If I walk my dog and came across a trash can at the curb I would throw the bag in. If I was told not to I wouldn’t. But yeah I use the next trash can I come to to immediately throw things away.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:23 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:19 am
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:15 pm

Because if that trash was already picked up, that poop is now going to sit in the can for a week until the next trash day. It’s someone else’s property, they get to decide if they want you touching it or not. Don’t be lazy, properly dispose of your dogs waste.
And more stinky trash is going to places on top of that other stinky trash through out the week.

Placing the bag of trash aka poop in a trash can is properly disposing of it....

You do know that outdoor trash cans just stink in general don't you. I really thought you were smarter than this. Smh.
In our neighborhood, trash cans are viewed as private. Majority wash the trash cans weekly in warmer weather, so they are not all the stinky. We often freeze non-compost food waste until trash day to avoid flies and such. I am surrounded by retirees, so our neighborhood would be up in arms if random people just started throwing away dog poo in their cans, lol. Of course, most people would not have access to our trash cans, as we can only have them visible on trash pick up day.
That reminds of the commercials “how to not turn into your parents”. The new homeowner is labeling his trash cans, putting his phone number on in case they go missing and wipes them clean after washing them.

What kind of garbage do your neighbors produce that makes them smell so bad? Recycle can should not have anything with odor thrown in it. Trash can should have smelly things tied in trash bags so nothing sticks to the trash can. .
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:07 pm
highlandmum wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:43 pm

No one shreds their papers? My cross-cut paper shredder cost me $30. Plus here it's not the garbage it is a blue bin, filled with glass jars, cans, and plastic bottles. The paper is in the green bin, shredded and covered in organic waste. But now I am really confused, you are worried about someone stealing your identity but still put the papers in the trash without shredding them?
Lol no , I don’t shred everything that gets mailed to me… and we only have one big can that everything goes in…you are making it sound like you spend four hours a week dealing with your trash…

Are you trying to tell me that if you see someone rifiling through the trash you just think oh well I’m fine, sucks for the neighbor then if she didn’t protect herself enough from the criminals….INSTEAD of calling the police and doing your part to protect the neighborhood?
I also live in Canada, in an urban residential neighbourhood where people looking to trade in alcohol cans and bottles for the money will regularly come by on garbage day for them once my and my neighbour’s recycling bins are by the side of the road, off our properties. It would never occur to me (nor my neighbours, as I’ve never seen it happen) to call the police over that? They’re not doing anything illegal or dangerous to the neighbourhood that requires protection?
A lot of Americans are afraid of their own shadows. That’s why they think the worst and pull out the guns.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Again-NO; do not put your trash in my trashcan. It's not yours to use.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I hate when people use my garbage cans. They are barely visible behind a fence. I watched people on the video camera walk all the way up my driveway to drop trash in my can. My video camera alerts when people walk up.
I pay for my garbage service. I get charged extra if the can in open a 1/2 an inch. Do use others stuff.

My front yard is fenced, thankfully. No dog poop in my yard. I watch dogs poop in all the other yards and rarely does it get picked up.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:12 am

I also live in Canada, in an urban residential neighbourhood where people looking to trade in alcohol cans and bottles for the money will regularly come by on garbage day for them once my and my neighbour’s recycling bins are by the side of the road, off our properties. It would never occur to me (nor my neighbours, as I’ve never seen it happen) to call the police over that? They’re not doing anything illegal or dangerous to the neighbourhood that requires protection?
A lot of Americans are afraid of their own shadows. That’s why they think the worst and pull out the guns.
And a lot of Americans have their heads so far in the sand that they become victims every 22 seconds…

https://identitytheft.org/statistics/

Some Americans actually think protecting themselves is, I dunno… a better idea
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:24 am
Lemons wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:12 am

And a lot of Americans have their heads so far in the sand that they become victims every 22 seconds…

https://identitytheft.org/statistics/

Some Americans actually think protecting themselves is, I dunno… a better idea
You want to protect yourself, yet, you do not shred. A fast and easy way to protect yourself instead you would call the police for someone taking a few cans out of a open air recycling bin. If someone if going through the green bin or ripping open black garbage bags I believe someone would say something, but taking cans out of a recycling bin no one is saying a damn word.
Locked Previous topicNext topic