Neighborhood man angry over dog poop.

Anonymous 1

Unread post

A man in the town fb group is angry because a woman was walking her dog, the dog pooped, she bagged it up, then put it in his trash bin at the end of the road. He says he has her on his ring camera doing this. Some are saying it's no big deal, some are saying he should put a note on the can of no poop, and some are saying he should call the police. Where do you stand on this??
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s rude and people shouldn’t do it. It isn’t a police matter, but people should still know better without him having to put a sign in his can. You don’t put your trash in someone else’s bin, especially when the trash can leave an unpleasant odor in the bin.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

He’s being overly angry. It’s not even still on his lawn, it’s in the trash… the trash can is where we put gross or dirty things we want the trash truck to take away…
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have two dogs and you pickup, bag and take the bag home with you. It is simple it is NOT a communal garbage disposal it is a personal residence disposal.
Is it a police matter? No. I do not think it even warrants a note on the receptacle, but to me it is just common courtesy on the dog owners behalf not to do it.

On an aside people still put dog/cat waste in the regular trash, and not to the compost bin? I have not deposited it in the trash since 2006.
newyearnewring
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

If the trash hadn't been picked up yet, I don't think it's that rude.

That said, when I am walking my dog, I just carry the poop bag all the way home. I have seen plenty of people get mad about less and vent about it on Nextdoor. To me, it's not worth the possible hassle so I just bring it home.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I have 4 dogs so it wouldn’t bother me if on occasion someone tossed a bag in the bin when it’s at the curb if it’s before pick up, it’s not what I’d do, but whatever. I might get a little peeved if it’s after pickup but really not enough to do anything about it.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I get peeved but probably silently.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The trash can belongs to the property owner. It is not there for use by passers by.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:37 pm It’s rude and people shouldn’t do it. It isn’t a police matter, but people should still know better without him having to put a sign in his can. You don’t put your trash in someone else’s bin, especially when the trash can leave an unpleasant odor in the bin.
I remember being taught as a child "find the first trash can you can and throw your trash away" it's a trash can... It stinks anyway. People who get angry over others properly disposing of trash need some serious therapy.v
Anonymous 2

Unread post

People who get angry that others use their trash can to properly dispose of trash need serious intensive therapy imo. I'd rather my neighbor pick up their dog shit and use my trash can than leave it in my yard like they do now.
Locked Previous topicNext topic