Game Day - what's cooking?

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

What is everyone cooking for game day this year?

I've already made a batch of stuffed jalepénos, and DH is making guacamole, Buffalo chicken wings, coleslaw and salad on the side.

Any special treats you will be making? And chili fans?
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm not a sports person so "game day" means jack shit to me. I don't even know who's playing. That said I've got some tortilla chips, salsa, and cheese that are calling my name.... I also enjoy tortilla chips with chili so who knows.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:31 pm I'm not a sports person so "game day" means jack shit to me. I don't even know who's playing. That said I've got some tortilla chips, salsa, and cheese that are calling my name.... I also enjoy tortilla chips with chili so who knows.
Not a sports person either, but I do like to tune in for the pre-game and half-time shows, and this year Miss Sheryl Lee Ralph is performing "Lift Every Voice and Sing" for the pre-game. All the performers this year look great!

National Anthem: Chris Stapleton

Lift Every Voice and Sing: Sheryl Lee Ralph

America the Beautiful: Babyface

Half-time show: Rhianna
RealisticBeauti
Villein
Villein

Unread post

I'm making wings, nachos and ordering a pizza. EAGLES!!!
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I just threw together a pot of chili. That is the extent of what I felt like making for dinner. Normally, I'd do a huge spread, but we had a meeting after Church and didn't get home until 3 and the girls had friends spend the night last night so I decided chili was super easy and all I had the energy to make.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No Super Bowl watching (except I'll probably stream the opening and half-time show) but it's a family game night with some friends so have spent yesterday making soups that we'll have with make your own panini. I just go a press and want to try it out with friends and family to give me guidance!
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

DH has requested a seafood Superbowl, so I'm frying fish, shrimp, and okra. I'm also steaming some shrimp and making fries, hush puppies, buffalo chicken dip, and coleslaw.

Go Eagles!
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RealisticBeauti wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:52 pm I'm making wings, nachos and ordering a pizza. EAGLES!!!
Looks like Philly could get pretty rambunctious after the game! Delayed start for Monday's schools already announced.

https://sports.yahoo.com/philadelphia-s ... p_catchall
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:35 pm
RealisticBeauti wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:52 pm I'm making wings, nachos and ordering a pizza. EAGLES!!!
Looks like Philly could get pretty rambunctious after the game! Delayed start for Monday's schools already announced.

https://sports.yahoo.com/philadelphia-s ... p_catchall
I always felt that the day after the Super Bowl should be a National Holiday for everyone. 😜
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

None of us care about watching it so I’m making vegetable vindaloo for dinner. We went to a Super Bowl party earlier in the day for the social aspect of it and brought a vegetable tray to contribute. My eleven year old son was invited to a friends house to watch and at the last minute the mom said that all the food they were making had cheese and dairy in it (he’s lactose intolerant) so to bring his own food, which I am a little miffed about (I don’t expect them to work their whole meal around him but when I invite someone over for a meal I make sure there is something they can eat, like just leave the cheese sauces off a couple of the wings). He was already going to bring honey garlic cauliflower, but now we’re trying to scrape up a few more options.
Locked Previous topicNext topic