Trashy Republicans have taken over the party

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I agree.
And what about AOC bursting into tears after she changed her vote on the funding of the Iron Dome from “no” to “present”. That is seriously trashy. She’s a State Representative and she starts crying like a little girl being bullied by Regina George? For crying out, you’re in the House of Representatives, behave like one. And a fellow Representative had to approach her and comfort her? Trashy AND pathetic.
But it seems when a Democrat does it, there’s always a good reason, or it’s “not as bad” or whatever other convenient excuse comes to mind. When one Republican does it, then the whole party is being “taken over” by trashy people.
SouthernIslander wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:24 am
Lemons wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:37 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:12 pm

Didn’t Nancy Pelosi rip up Trump’s speech or something a few years ago?

Seems like she got backlash for something she did but I can’t remember.
Yes, once the speech was over she sat and quietly ripped up her copy of the speech. It was bad manners. Most people thought it was rude and uncalled for. But nothing tops Marjorie in her all white outfit standing up and sounding like a fishwife after a few drinks.

And this was definitely not a southern thing. These clowns were from all over the country.
MTG embarrassing the south was my comment, I know you’re talking about Republicans.

It doesn’t matter if Nancy was more passive aggressive about it. She still did something disruptive to protest a sitting President. I can admit that I laughed because I can not stand Trump’s guts and I find Nancy to be the queen of slick shade. But I’m not gonna act like she wasn’t being petty and Republicans are only guilty of that behavior because that’s not true.

I’m not saying you can’t think what MTG did was worse…I do too but the goal here shouldn’t be the lesser of 2 evils IMHO.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Aletheia wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:48 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:52 pm Many in this country feel that AOC is a moron.
A perception deliberately fostered by people attributing fake quotes:
https://www.pinterest.com/jdh6941/aoc-stupid/

If you actually listen to a full speech by her, she is clearly far from being a moron.
Do you honestly feel that people are forming their opinions about AOC from memes on Pinterest? Really?

To you, she's not a moron. But for many others, she is.

It's all about perception and opinion and yes, listening to her.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AOC is overly dramatic about herself but be honest. You will find any reason to hate her because of her stands on Israel.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:25 pm I agree.
And what about AOC bursting into tears after she changed her vote on the funding of the Iron Dome from “no” to “present”. That is seriously trashy. She’s a State Representative and she starts crying like a little girl being bullied by Regina George? For crying out, you’re in the House of Representatives, behave like one. And a fellow Representative had to approach her and comfort her? Trashy AND pathetic.
But it seems when a Democrat does it, there’s always a good reason, or it’s “not as bad” or whatever other convenient excuse comes to mind. When one Republican does it, then the whole party is being “taken over” by trashy people.
Lemons wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:37 pm

Yes, once the speech was over she sat and quietly ripped up her copy of the speech. It was bad manners. Most people thought it was rude and uncalled for. But nothing tops Marjorie in her all white outfit standing up and sounding like a fishwife after a few drinks.

And this was definitely not a southern thing. These clowns were from all over the country.
MTG embarrassing the south was my comment, I know you’re talking about Republicans.

It doesn’t matter if Nancy was more passive aggressive about it. She still did something disruptive to protest a sitting President. I can admit that I laughed because I can not stand Trump’s guts and I find Nancy to be the queen of slick shade. But I’m not gonna act like she wasn’t being petty and Republicans are only guilty of that behavior because that’s not true.

I’m not saying you can’t think what MTG did was worse…I do too but the goal here shouldn’t be the lesser of 2 evils IMHO.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Like I wrote yesterday..."Our side is better than your side." lol
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:47 pm Like I wrote yesterday..."Our side is better than your side." lol
I'm sorry, but in this day and age, one side IS better than the other. Democrats are trying to enact policies that actually address community problems and republicans are holding hearings about Twitter and drag queens and calling teachers groomers.

The extremists have a hold on the GOP. Do dems have extremists? Sure. They want to make sure the planet doesn't become uninhabitable. They aren't hyper-focused on the genitals of kids, though, like the extremist GOP. What are they actually doing to address the problems this country is facing and that people care about (economy, inflation, immigration, gas prices, etc)
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

As I said, when it comes to Democrats, deflection. Make me the vile one for criticizing her antics.
But then maybe you just minimize her antics as simple “drama” because of her anti-Israel position 🤷🏼‍♀️
Lemons wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:43 pm AOC is overly dramatic about herself but be honest. You will find any reason to hate her because of her stands on Israel.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:25 pm I agree.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

So in three years this MTG trashy behavior will become a single incident and we can then consider it a huge stretch? Or when does the statute of limitations expires for Republicans?
Lemons wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:03 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:53 am
Lemons wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:36 pm

Which Democrats have interrupted a State of the Union address? Because that’s what this is about.
How about Nancy Pelosi ripping up Trumps speech during the middle of it?

This trashiness has been going on for a while…
A single incident three years ago is a huge stretch. No it hasn’t been going on for awhile. There were occasional outbursts, they’re only human. Only since Trump has this kind of behavior been normalized. Lies have been deemed ok. Ugly name calling is common after Trump.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wouldn’t say she’s a moron. I mean, she has managed to convince people to vote for her. But then, so did Trump 🤷🏼‍♀️
I will call her severely uneducated in many issues, especially about foreign policy. And she’s easily brainwashed. And with her trashy and pathetic display by crying at the House of Representatives, she showed that she has no integrity and will try to pander to everyone when faced with a dilemma.
Aletheia wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:48 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:52 pm Many in this country feel that AOC is a moron.
A perception deliberately fostered by people attributing fake quotes:
https://www.pinterest.com/jdh6941/aoc-stupid/

If you actually listen to a full speech by her, she is clearly far from being a moron.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Odd one out, I know, but can we please use a word other than "trashy" to describe people we disagree with, especially women? Inappropriate, ill-suited, unbecoming, tasteless, etc. IMO would be better descriptors.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:08 pm
Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:36 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:14 am

I’m not saying what Green did was ok… it was trashy as hell.

But the ball started rolling down the hill years ago…
Yeah it did.

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/po ... 100350416/
No it didn’t. That was one word by one politician yelled out calling Obama a liar. And he was censored for doing it. There are no longer any standards on how to act properly at the State of the Union. They have become emboldened to sit in the “audience” acting like they’re at a NASCAR race or something.
I am not in the mood for you today. Have a nice one.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic