Trashy Republicans have taken over the party

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:52 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:47 pm
AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:33 pm 🙄

I can safely say from what I've been seeing from some of the Democrats, that "trashy" is not a label exclusively for the some of the Republicans.

THIS sort of bullshit only serves to divide our country, with the clowns from BOTH parties, further.
She didn’t say all republicans. There are people like Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney, Brian Mast from Florida that I can respect. I’m sure there are republican voters shaking their heads over this. And some Democrats I’m like are you serious with this shit? I’ve said it about Biden as a matter of fact. But there are too many trashy ones and MTG is one. I think my sons turtles have more sense and that’s an insult to them
Her title to her thread did.

Many in this country feel that AOC is a moron. Is it ok to write.."the moronic Democrats"?
It’s okay to write “moronic Democrats have taken over the party.” I honestly don’t care. If this damned state wasn’t closed primary I’d be independent. I hate both parties equally and the two party system with it.
My problem is some Democrats criticize AOC or Biden himself. Not enough Republicans criticize Trump or MTG. And when people do like Liz Cheney they’re shut down. You are judged by the company you keep after all. By not speaking out against her they are seen as trashy. Now if a Republican has I’ll take my statement back. But I feel they’re toeing the party line far too hard.
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I can safely say from what I've been seeing from some of the Democrats, that "trashy" is not a label exclusively for the some of the Republicans.

THIS sort of bullshit only serves to divide our country, with the clowns from BOTH parties, further.
She didn’t say all republicans. There are people like Liz Cheney, Mitt Romney, Brian Mast from Florida that I can respect. I’m sure there are republican voters shaking their heads over this. And some Democrats I’m like are you serious with this shit? I’ve said it about Biden as a matter of fact. But there are too many trashy ones and MTG is one. I think my sons turtles have more sense and that’s an insult to them

Many in this country feel that AOC is a moron. Is it ok to write.."the moronic Democrats"?
There’s been plenty of conservative media coverage about The Squad being the face of the Democrats (see Sean Hannity below for one example), despite the fact that the leaders of the Democratic Party are more moderate than the Squad’s politics.

One of the side effects of McCarthy having to kowtow to people like her is that her behavior and actions (past and present) will be something people associate with the GOP. Because it’s notable he’s glossed over and excused her past behavior, and his strongest criticism of this was that it wasn’t “smart”.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:59 pm

It’s okay to write “moronic Democrats have taken over the party.” I honestly don’t care. If this damned state wasn’t closed primary I’d be independent. I hate both parties equally and the two party system with it.
My problem is some Democrats criticize AOC or Biden himself. Not enough Republicans criticize Trump or MTG. And when people do like Liz Cheney they’re shut down. You are judged by the company you keep after all. By not speaking out against her they are seen as trashy. Now if a Republican has I’ll take my statement back. But I feel they’re toeing the party line far too hard.
You may not care but a lot of people would and because that is just how badly this country has become divided.

It's literally become "our side is better than your side" in the U.S.

It's "prove to me I'm wrong and you're right."

I registered as an Independent over a year ago and because both major parties are an embarrassing joke to me. I could not attach my voting or sentiments to either the Republicans or the Democrats due to the antics of many of their members that no one in either party speaks out against.

For me, with few exceptions, BOTH parties have "trashy" Congressional leaders.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I can’t speak for Republicans but Lemons and I use to fight all the time about her generalizing the south but she gets a pass from me on this one.

I was raised that if I didn’t want to be called a damn fool, I better not be in public acting like one.

MTG was a walking country ass stereotype last night and it was embarrassing AF.
Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:47 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:36 pm

Which Democrats have interrupted a State of the Union address? Because that’s what this is about.
Is it really, Lemons, just because of MTG's antics last night at the SOTU that you've chosen to include an entire politic party in calling them "trashy" ?

I've yet to see a Democrat behave as she did at the SOTU but that that doesn't imply that there aren't some "trashy" Democrats.

You've generalized an entire party in the title of this thread.
I was addressing trashy republicans. That did not include every single one although more and more are getting elected, George Santos being a perfect example.

And the problem is the traditional republicans who know the rules and know how to act are not speaking up. That both sides excuse is inaccurate. It’s just not true. The last time yelled out an insult was 2009 to Obama and the room was horrified. It’s pretty much been normalized by the incoming group of Republicans
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:47 pm
Lemons wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:36 pm

Which Democrats have interrupted a State of the Union address? Because that’s what this is about.
Is it really, Lemons, just because of MTG's antics last night at the SOTU that you've chosen to include an entire politic party in calling them "trashy" ?

I've yet to see a Democrat behave as she did at the SOTU but that that doesn't imply that there aren't some "trashy" Democrats.

I was addressing trashy republicans. That did not include every single one although more and more are getting elected, George Santos being a perfect example.

And the problem is the traditional republicans who know the rules and know how to act are not speaking up. That both sides excuse is inaccurate. It’s just not true. The last time yelled out an insult was 2009 to Obama and the room was horrified. It’s pretty much been normalized by the incoming group of Republicans
I wouldn't call it trashy, but Nancy Pelosi did rip up Trump's SOTU address. Last night's behavior was expected and Biden handled it well. I don't think the approval would be as high as it was if it had just been a "hoo-hum" SOTU.

Today's congressional hearings were a bit trashy too.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Francee89
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:53 pm

I wouldn't call it trashy, but Nancy Pelosi did rip up Trump's SOTU address. Last night's behavior was expected and Biden handled it well. I don't think the approval would be as high as it was if it had just been a "hoo-hum" SOTU.

Surely you don’t mean this discussion of every American’s most pressing concern - Marge being “violated” by Twitter? (lol)

Lemons
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:06 pm

There’s been plenty of conservative media coverage about The Squad being the face of the Democrats (see Sean Hannity below for one example), despite the fact that the leaders of the Democratic Party are more moderate than the Squad’s politics.

One of the side effects of McCarthy having to kowtow to people like her is that her behavior and actions (past and present) will be something people associate with the GOP. Because it’s notable he’s glossed over and excused her past behavior, and his strongest criticism of this was that it wasn’t “smart”.
I agree.

The squad were grouped together based on the color of their skin. Trump tweeted they should go back to their shitty countries and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. It doesn’t matter that three of them were born in the US and one came from a warring country at age 8. All they know is Trump said they were foreigners who hate America. Good enough for them. Facts are -

Ayanna Presley was born in Ohio. She went to Boston University and stayed in Massachusetts.

Alexandra Ocasio Cortez was born in NYC just like Trump. Her father was also born in NYC and her mother was from Puerto Rico

Ilhan Omar was born in Somalia during civil war. She lived in a refugee camp for four years before coming to the United States at 8 years old.

Rashida Tlaib was born in Michigan. Her parents are Palestinian immigrants.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Francee89 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:27 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:53 pm

Surely you don’t mean this discussion of every American’s most pressing concern - Marge being “violated” by Twitter? (lol)

PAB, lol.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Lemons knows how much I have disagreed with her generalizing but I was also raised that if you don’t want people calling you a damn fool; don’t go in public acting like one.

MTG was a country ass walking stereotype last night and it was embarrassing AF. She bought those generalizations on herself, Republicans and the south.
Locked Previous topicNext topic