Tree removal

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Has anyone had trees removed and what did it run you?

I had someone quote me $1200 to remove 3 mulberry trees, 2 oak trees and 2 bushes. Which seems like a really good price to me. They also said they'd remove the stumps because DH and I found out the hard way that if you don't remove the stumps for the mulberry trees they grow back. They also said if I just want the mulberry trees gone that's $800.

They aren't super large trees and it is winter so I would think that's less work as well.

Right now I'm undecided on if I want the oak trees gone. They do provide a lot of shade. And they aren't a nuisance like the mulberry trees are. But I 100% want the mulberry trees gone.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I had about 5 very old, very large trees removed right before the pandemic hit, but it cost me nothing because there’s a local guy who’s hobby is cutting down trees (he’s a physicians assistant by day), but at one point I remember wing quoted close to a $1k to have them removed so your price sounds reasonable.

My daughter’s favorite fruit is Mulberries, she picks any tree she can find lol (with permission of course)
PurpleTurtle
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

That sounds like a good price.

In 2017 we had a tree-removal service come in and take down two widow-makers and drop one moderately-large tree (I think it was a birch) and one large oak. It was around $700-$800.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

I think that sounds like a good deal. We have had 40 trees cut down in the 19 years we have lived here and we have received all kinds of quotes.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

We've only traded work for tree services so I'm really not sure.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I had an arborist come evaluate the large trees in my yard. He removed one and trimmed up the others. It was $900 but we kept the wood. It would have been slightly less if we had him haul the wood away.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The last time we had trees removed was from our old house. We had about 40 pines removed, as well as a dead oak that was leaning over our oldest dd's room, and several sweet gum trees. We paid about $3K when all was said and done..that was also with stump grinding and removal. It was amazing to me how fast it was done too.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

We have very tall pin oak trees. We’ve had 3 removed. 2 in the back cost is $1500 for both—ground down to stumps and removal.

The one in front which required a bucket truck and was probably 4 ft around tan us $3,000

We have a 4th that we were quoted $2000 for as it will
Need climbed.
Locked Previous topicNext topic