She is threatening to go after me for grandparent rights

Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I would tell her, those words cost her visitations for awhile. Maybe in the future she could see the kids, but you lost your trust in her.
That you understand that she was upset, but if she ever does that again, there wouldn't be any visitations ever again.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:42 am
AZOldCoot wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:34 am I would check what the laws are on "grandparents rights" where you live. They're not universal.

Is there more to her hostility toward you?
To be able to get grandparent rights you have to legally be their grandparent. We have not had any real issues before this. She is throwing a fit because she didn't get her way.
Is she their biological grandparent? Is she a part of whatever legal situation that disables her son from seeing the kid's?
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Threats don't equal getting what they want.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

AZOldCoot wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:46 am
AZOldCoot wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:34 am I would check what the laws are on "grandparents rights" where you live. They're not universal.

To be able to get grandparent rights you have to legally be their grandparent. We have not had any real issues before this. She is throwing a fit because she didn't get her way.
Is she their biological grandparent? Is she a part of whatever legal situation that disables her son from seeing the kid's?
She is biologically related to them. He lost parental rights for abandonment, my husband has since adopted them also. she wasn't directly involved in any of that.
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:52 am
AZOldCoot wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:46 am

She is biologically related to them. He lost parental rights for abandonment, my husband has since adopted them also. she wasn't directly involved in any of that.
I get it and I'm on your side.

However, in the event she attempts to make good on her threat, you want to make sure you have all your legal bases covered.

Stranger things can happen and sometimes what seems easy 1-2-3 isn't always. Kwim?
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:25 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:35 am Just because their father has no rights doesn't mean she isn't legally their grandparent.

But you are right she has no leg to stand on since she's not an active part of their daily lives
She isn't legally their grandparent because my ex isn't legally their father anymore.
They are but whatever
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Can you site the law that states that
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Oh good a 'legal' post. You are the fool here for even allowing her to have your phone number. You must love drama.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:25 pm
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:25 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:35 am Just because their father has no rights doesn't mean she isn't legally their grandparent.

But you are right she has no leg to stand on since she's not an active part of their daily lives
She isn't legally their grandparent because my ex isn't legally their father anymore.
They are but whatever
No she isn't. My ex isn't legally the dad so she is not legally a grandparent.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 1:27 pm

Can you site the law that states that
I have no need to. It's okay if you don't understand how it works, you can look it up if you want 🤷‍♀️
Locked Previous topicNext topic