Can anyone make out this signature?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I found a book of Amelia Bedelia stories. On the inside is a dedication and a signature. Can anyone make out what it says?
IMG_20230206_220420_MP.jpg
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I mean common sense would dictate that the signature is probably the name of one of the authors. Whether it is authentic or not is the question to ask.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That surname is definitely Parish. I’d have to see the first author’s name because idk if the first name is Herman or someone else. Authentic or not idk. I have to read doctor’s signatures lol.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

The guy whose name is right next to it.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Probably Herman Parish. The other author is Peggy Parish and the first letter looks closer to an H than a P.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Where's the dedication? Could you read it alright?
As for the signature; It's Herman - he didn't start writing the books until after Peggy's death, so she couldn't have possibly signed this compilation. Not that I could have made out the name without any context, but given the context it's pretty clear. I can't authenticate his signature of course though it does seem like an unlikely thing for a person to forge.
LaurieD
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

I think its the second author. I remember when I was a kid authors of kids books used to come to our school to do readings and the kids all got signed copies of the book, maybe its from something like that.
Locked Previous topicNext topic