AMC movie theaters to start charging more for the middle seats

Anonymous 1

Unread post

You know, for an industry that is already dying a slow death they sure have balls to charge even more and make things more complicated.

NEW YORK (AP) — Middle seats at many U.S. movie theaters just got more expensive.

AMC Theaters, the nation’s largest movie theater chain, on Monday unveiled a new pricing scheme in which seat location determines how much your movie ticket costs. Seats in the middle of the auditorium will cost a dollar or two more, while seats in the front row will be slightly cheaper.

AMC said the pricing plan, dubbed “Sightline,” has already been rolled out in some locations and, by the end of the year, will be in place at all domestic AMC theaters during showings after 4 p.m.

Seats classified as “standard sightline” will be at the regular price. If you want to pay less for the “value sightline” seats, you have to be a member of the chain’s subscription service, AMC Stubs.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

With everyone paying for streaming who really even goes to the movies anymore? Regal cinemas just announced they are going out of business. I'll wait until AMC announces it as well. And it's somewhat sad as going to the movies used to be fun and a good time out. A lost industry now.
LaurieD
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

They will cost more or they will cost the same and the other seats will be cheaper? I feel like movies are already so expensive, we actually go to them but it seems like I see fewer people going to the theaters every year. It seems like an odd way to try to bring business back to a dying field.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

The middle seats will be $1-2 more than what the regular price usually is
LaurieD wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:00 pm They will cost more or they will cost the same and the other seats will be cheaper? I feel like movies are already so expensive, we actually go to them but it seems like I see fewer people going to the theaters every year. It seems like an odd way to try to bring business back to a dying field.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I haven’t been to a theater since the second Jurassic world movie and before that it had been years and years so this means nothing to me.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The f**k? It's the movies...you want a prime seat you show early before previews and claim that bitch. Wtf is this assigned seating bullshit. It's not going to work. Staff isn't paid enough to break up the petty bullshit fights that will break out over this and some people's sense of entitlement.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Cinemark has been selling assigned seating for years. Never have I seen a fight-what I see are people who can’t figure out where the rows are.

Paying more depending on where the seat is…that’s insane.

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:30 pm The f**k? It's the movies...you want a prime seat you show early before previews and claim that bitch. Wtf is this assigned seating bullshit. It's not going to work. Staff isn't paid enough to break up the petty bullshit fights that will break out over this and some people's sense of entitlement.
KendallsMom
Spoiled SAHM
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I'm not a movie person period. But on the rare occasion that I do go, I prefer an end seat anyway. I'm claustrophobic for one. For two, I feel an end seat is safer in case a fire or a mass shooting starts. 😜
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:36 pm Cinemark has been selling assigned seating for years. Never have I seen a fight-what I see are people who can’t figure out where the rows are.

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:30 pm The f**k? It's the movies...you want a prime seat you show early before previews and claim that bitch. Wtf is this assigned seating bullshit. It's not going to work. Staff isn't paid enough to break up the petty bullshit fights that will break out over this and some people's sense of entitlement.
I haven't seen or been to a cinemark since I lived East coast. Around here we have a choice of 2 theaters and both are locally operated. No regal, cinemark, cineplex, AMC or IMax as far as the eye can see. Prices are standard insane. Matinee prices are $18 and regular show times are $24.... as a result the theaters are dying because for the same price most people just rent off Vudu and watch from home.
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Yikes! Cinemark charges $6 for shows before 6 pm and then $8.50 after. They also have an xtreme theater and 3d options for an up charge.

We have a few other chains in the area but they are further away
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:03 pm
Heyteacher wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:36 pm Cinemark has been selling assigned seating for years. Never have I seen a fight-what I see are people who can’t figure out where the rows are.

I haven't seen or been to a cinemark since I lived East coast. Around here we have a choice of 2 theaters and both are locally operated. No regal, cinemark, cineplex, AMC or IMax as far as the eye can see. Prices are standard insane. Matinee prices are $18 and regular show times are $24.... as a result the theaters are dying because for the same price most people just rent off Vudu and watch from home.
Locked Previous topicNext topic