Girls wearing short shorts

Anonymous 7

Unread post

My DD is very blessed in the behind department along with a tiny waist so finding good fitting shorts was always a problem. I always had to keep telling her to pull her sorts down cause they would ride up. Short shorts are fine as long as the behind is covered but really, even bathing suits don't fully cover and it's not a hill I was going to die on.
PrincessLaLa
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

My DD is 13 and this is actually the sort of thing where I try to bite my tongue because the way I was taught and my knee jerk response are very different from what I want to teach my children. I want to raise a confident, respectful woman and a respectful man. I want him confident too of course but that isn't very relevant to this topic.
newyearnewring
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

At 13, no. I didn't allow them to wear super short shorts unless it was a sports uniform, going to the beach, or worn with leggings/tights.

Mine are older now and they do wear more risqué things but I make sure it is appropriate for the setting. They have to follow the school dress code, for example, or deal with the consequences. If we're going to dinner with their grandparents, I ask them to dress a little more modestly. At 15 and 16, I probably would not allow booty shorts at all unless we were going to the beach or something.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

In a typical public setting, if the butt cheek is hanging out, no. Would not be allowed. I am fine with short shorts but the butt cheek needs to be completely contained, even while bending over.

Certain settings such as beach, pool, etc are much more permissive and I wouldn't have a problem there.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

This is not a hill I'd choose to die on.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I do not know. So far, my DD does not wish to wear such clothing. I would prefer she not, as school is a place to learn not really show off her assets to that degree, especially at age 13. But with my 3 (and I am assuming all kids) I pick my “absolute no” battles wisely, as sometimes telling them “no” is just the challenge they are looking for, and they hate to lose…
Locked Previous topicNext topic