The "rainbow bridge" in reference to pets

PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It's something that makes the humans who lost a pet feel better. It's the same thing as telling yourself that you'll see a human loved one again when you die.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

It's no different than believing that our passed on loved ones are waiting for us on the other side
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My parents felt it was essential that I understand animals did not have souls and therefore would not go to heaven like Christians. As a young child, who was very attached to my animals on the farm, I was just devastated by their views. I would cry & cry for days. So the first time I read the metaphorical poem as an adolescent, it provided me immense comfort that there are other perspectives besides my pet just being gone forever.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I firmly believe that not only are the pets there but they’re the ones that vouch for us to get in. So be kind to animals. I’m not saying you got to go vegan after all they eat each other. I’m saying be humane.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I think it’s something to make people feel better.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's the same concept as Heaven. They wait for you on the other side. It's said that 50 years goes by in the blink of an eye outside of being here in the physical body. Time passes differently as it's a different dimension. We already know time isn't linear.

Yes, people that are faithful, people that believe in Heaven and Hell definitely believe this. We believe there is an afterlife, and it provides tremendous comfort to some of us to think we'll be reunited with the souls we loved so deeply on earth.

I honestly can't imagine getting through great loss in your life without believing that. It truly makes me sad for people that have nothing to hold onto, that subscribe to the thought that our very soul is nothing more than a switch to be turned on and off. You've lived a whole life and created meaningful bonds and made loads of memories and that's supposed to be it? You're dead and it's lights out? Nothingness? That's such a cold thought to me.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 6:40 pm I firmly believe that not only are the pets there but they’re the ones that vouch for us to get in. So be kind to animals. I’m not saying you got to go vegan after all they eat each other. I’m saying be humane.
It's funny that you say that. My version of Heaven begins with my dogs waiting at the gate for me and they lead me home to my family. So I guess I kind of think that too in a way.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

The Rainbow Bridge Poem

“Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.

There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together….”
Deleted User 1977

Unread post

It's a very sweet, comforting thing to say to someone who's lost a beloved fur baby.

There's nothing wrong in believing this to be true.
Locked Previous topicNext topic