The "rainbow bridge" in reference to pets

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I see people explain this theory when someone loses a pet. Do people actually believe that a dog dies, it crosses a bridge, and is there waiting for you for 50 years until you die? Or is this just a comfort thing to say? I have a hard time anyone really believes this. Do you? Do you think you will see your lost pets again for real?
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It’s something people say - and I’ve never given much thought to it.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

It’s something people say - and I’ve never given much thought to it.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It's comfort for some people. Like heaven for pets. The thought that they'll see their beloved pet again one day is the one thing that gives them comfort in a time of sorrow and loss.

And for those who believe, the pet isn't just sitting and waiting. They have fields to run in and endless toys to chase and treats whenever they want them and everything that could make a pet happy while they wait for their owner to finish their time on Earth.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

It’s a poem.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That all depends do you believe in heaven for people? If you believe it for people why is it so hard to imagine for animals as well?

Frankly I think any idea of heaven, reincarnation, or an afterlife of any kind is all a crock of shit to simply comfort the ignorant masses who fear death, whether that be for people or for animals. But again, it all depends on your beliefs since there is no proof one way or the other.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think it's more of a comfort thing but I've never given it too much thought. When I think of Heaven I think of seeing dead relatives, not so much lost pets.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

It's a sweet sympathy saying from the 90s that has stuck. I am sure some people believe it in the same way that some people believe that they will see their pets in heaven.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

If someone believes in heaven, why not heaven for dogs? I don't really see the difference. I personally do not believe in anything religious, including an afterlife. But if it does exist, I really hope people can be reunited with their pets, too.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I have two dogs that I would love to see in Heaven if Heaven does exist.
Honestly, I would like to see them over most of my family that has died. The one I had for 17 years. I grew up with her. She went everywhere with me. I have more memories with her than any of my grandparents or aunts and uncles.
Locked Previous topicNext topic