What do you think is a fair price?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:14 am What’s the dimensions of the deck? Did either company give you an estimate on how long it would take or any details aside from price? Time, manpower, resources needed to accomplish the job are all things to consider when determining a price for a job. How many men will be needed to take it down and haul it off? How long? What’s the going hourly wage of those men? What’s the cost of disposal of the materials? Many of these questions’ answers are determined by COL in your area.
Those are all good points. The one company that wanted to charge $1500, they are brand new and I think just a husband and wife team. The cheaper company has been around for years and has more workers. They both just said a day and said the price included hauling it off. I don't know the dimensions. But I do live in a low COL area.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:37 am
mommy_jules wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:14 am What’s the dimensions of the deck? Did either company give you an estimate on how long it would take or any details aside from price? Time, manpower, resources needed to accomplish the job are all things to consider when determining a price for a job. How many men will be needed to take it down and haul it off? How long? What’s the going hourly wage of those men? What’s the cost of disposal of the materials? Many of these questions’ answers are determined by COL in your area.
Those are all good points. The one company that wanted to charge $1500, they are brand new and I think just a husband and wife team. The cheaper company has been around for years and has more workers. They both just said a day and said the price included hauling it off. I don't know the dimensions. But I do live in a low COL area.
What did the third person quote you? You said you had one more person going out...
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:52 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:37 am
What did the third person quote you? You said you had one more person going out...
They are coming out later this week.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:41 pm
Inmybizz wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:14 pm What are you getting for 300?
The deck removal and hauling it away.

Though I will say Mother Nature has done a lot of work for whoever removes it. The previous owner never sealed it so it has been rotting away.
I might go with the 300 quote.. I don’t believe more expensive means a better job. I would just be clear about what is expected.. half at the beginning of the job and the rest when the job is completed.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I know it’s a company but my brother says anyone who charges too little might not finish the job. Like my friend knew a painter. He was great. Has his own company but then fell off the wagon. I’d just make sure you’re getting what you expect that’s all.
LaurieD
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

We paid $1200 for our deck removal.
Locked Previous topicNext topic