I hit rock bottom

Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

First, I hope you are legit and are getting hope. I would love nothing more than for you to come back here after a period of time HEALTHY!

As for your children—you have I knowingly subjected them to your cycle of dysfunction. I say this from experience.

I was brought up in an environment of domestic abuse - not we children but parents inflicting torment and physical pain on each other. My mother would attempt to put us against our father, tried (still does) to make my grandmothers out to be these horrible women. She would also call us names and generally be awful UNTIL her mood swung. Yet, if you bring any of this up she will tell us we are wrong. Our family wasn’t dysfunctional. She never said I was a lesbian. She never hit my dad. She never threw a dinner plate on the floor. We just don’t remember right.

We ALL have baggage, even those who profess to make 7 figures a year, have wonderful marriages, had great parents etc. However it isn’t that baggage that makes or breaks us, it’s what we do
With it.

Me, like my mother, I’m a yeller. I don’t want to be but the second the boys do not comply with my request—unload the dishwasher I become my Mom verbally.

So my dear—be HONEST with your therapist. Also, if you feel they aren’t helping DO NOT give up. Find another one IMMEDIATELY!

Good luck.

Kookookrazy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:56 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:08 pm I honestly do hope that you get help and realize the cycle that you inflict on your children, so that they can live healthier lives.
I did not inflict any cycle on my children. I already broke the cycle. I don't call my children names or demean them nor do I talk down to them and as far as physical abuse i stopped spanking them years ago. Dd17 has never been spanked, I stopped spanking ds years ago . Spanking isn't even that bad imo there's a difference between a spanking and outright abuse I was physically abused with wet extension cords,brooms,mops,a 2x4 piece of wood ,I was jumped by my mom and grandmom and beat so bad cps removed me from the home for a few weeks. I have NEVER done any of that to my kids .Am i a perfect parent? Heck no but I take pride in the fact that I haven't done what was done to me so I don't appreciate the tone of your post regarding my children. This post is about me and my journey not my children but you threw my kids in it to put me down as a mom and i don't appreciate that.

And before someone else brings it up I know full well that i lost my temper with dd a couple years ago and i dragged her out of bed by her hair because she refused to go to school that was wrong and i haven't done anything like that since .I fucked up I'm human! Sue me.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

A therapist is a good start but you really need a referral to a psychiatrist for a proper evaluation. The meds your Dr may have you on, may not actually be the best ones for you depending on that evaluation. Not knocking your dr, just going to a physician for your mental health is like going to a physician for your oral health instead of a dentist.
Anonymous 7

Unread post

You're the best troll on here.
Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:01 am A therapist is a good start but you really need a referral to a psychiatrist for a proper evaluation. The meds your Dr may have you on, may not actually be the best ones for you depending on that evaluation. Not knocking your dr, just going to a physician for your mental health is like going to a physician for your oral health instead of a dentist.
My pcp and psychiatrist together . Everything is in one clinic and the pcp put me on zoloft immediately and i had the follow-up with the psychiatrist. They also swabbed me for a genesite test I'm not sure the spelling but it's a test that tells them what's the best meds to put you on based on your dna and genetics. Were waiting for those results he let me know they will change the meds based on those results.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Kookookrazy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:30 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:01 am A therapist is a good start but you really need a referral to a psychiatrist for a proper evaluation. The meds your Dr may have you on, may not actually be the best ones for you depending on that evaluation. Not knocking your dr, just going to a physician for your mental health is like going to a physician for your oral health instead of a dentist.
My pcp and psychiatrist together . Everything is in one clinic and the pcp put me on zoloft immediately and i had the follow-up with the psychiatrist. They also swabbed me for a genesite test I'm not sure the spelling but it's a test that tells them what's the best meds to put you on based on your dna and genetics. Were waiting for those results he let me know they will change the meds based on those results.
Awesome job doing the work on pushing through the blocks of procrastination and taking care of yourself. Keep it up. You’ve shown yourself you can do it.
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

For your own sake I hope you're serious about getting help.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Kookookrazy wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 11:30 am

I’m just saying the Genesite test saved my life - literally. I’ve been on almost every antidepressant known to man and nothing worked. Come to find out that most of them doesn’t work with my dna. Now I’m on something that helps very well. Zoloft seems to be most doctor’s go-to for antidepressants. It did not work for me.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

I was on a mom website 18 years ago and was cyber bullied before that was even a term. I was so affected by some of the women being so rude to me (there was a main bully that would private message me horrible messages as well). This is before facebook (at least I didn't know about it yet if it did exist) and so before social media. I was so bothered that these strangers online affected me so badly....but they did. So I know how it can hurt and I wish you the best and I hope that you will find other websites (maybe try Reddit) that are more supportive than here. Hugs to you!!
Kookookrazy wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:20 pm
mater-three wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:14 pm Why do you keep posting about it though? It’s been proven time and time again that you will not get the support you desperately want. Change comes when you stop depending on toxic people. This site is full of them.
I am going to stop posting here and yes this is full of mean ppl but there are a couple gems and i just want them to know that I listened to them and i appreciate them. Monarch mom has always been so so so kind to me even when everyone else bashed and degraded me because they simply don't understand how i was feeling but she has always been kind to me and I'm so appreciative of her.
Nothing
Villein
Villein

Unread post

Just ignore the ones who want to act like assholes and dont let them run you off the board
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Nothing wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:31 am Just ignore the ones who want to act like assholes and dont let them run you off the board
Hello. You, being new, isn't really a good look for OP. It looks like Koo Koo is talking to herself.
Locked Previous topicNext topic