School removed a quote from a Holocaust survivor, unintentionally proving his point

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:00 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:52 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:44 am

No. “ fast forward to today” means what is going on today, not Jan 6th. As In the world war we’re about to jump into.

Jan 6th occurred because of its own reasoning, and from what I know not really anything at all to do with Nazis.

Two totally different circumstances, but both ones in which the gung-ho believers caused much more shit than they solved.

We might not want to fan either of their flames right now.
OK, we're not talking Ukraine here and Russia has committed literal human rights violations and has just as many "Nazi's" in their ranks if not more than Ukraine....we aren't delving into that as it isn't the reason behind the Russia-Ukraine war, that was just the excuse dictator Putin gave to justify his invasion and starting the war.

Jan 6th occurred because an unhinged LOSER appealed to his base full of white supremacists and NAZIS and told them to " Go and be wild and "fight like hell".....so yeah. It had a LOT to do with Nazi's and the ideaology that nazis follow which the GOP is also following.

Thank you for confirming you are supporting and defending Right Wing Nazis and their conspiracy theories. I kind of already knew you did but it's nice to have solid confirmation.
Maybe tomorrow reread this and try to understand it better.
Maybe stick to the topic at hand and try not to bring other countries into a discussion to justify your defense of oppressive white supremacist and neo-nazi forces.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:56 am
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:43 am Thankfully the poster was only down for one day before being put back up but this is out of hand.
To be honest I'm surprised it was even put up in the first place. Bucks County is one of the most RACIST counties in Pennsylvania with a LARGE population of KKK and other white supremacist movements that idolize neo- nazi ideologies.

https://www.phillyburbs.com/story/news/ ... 870313001/
Patriot Front and New Jersey European Heritage Association. Lovely.

It seems as if message NEEDS to be posted in Bucks County schools.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:04 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:52 am

OK, we're not talking Ukraine here and Russia has committed literal human rights violations and has just as many "Nazi's" in their ranks if not more than Ukraine....we aren't delving into that as it isn't the reason behind the Russia-Ukraine war, that was just the excuse dictator Putin gave to justify his invasion and starting the war.

Jan 6th occurred because an unhinged LOSER appealed to his base full of white supremacists and NAZIS and told them to " Go and be wild and "fight like hell".....so yeah. It had a LOT to do with Nazi's and the ideaology that nazis follow which the GOP is also following.

Thank you for confirming you are supporting and defending Right Wing Nazis and their conspiracy theories. I kind of already knew you did but it's nice to have solid confirmation.
Maybe stick to the topic at hand and try not to bring other countries into a discussion to justify your defense of oppressive white supremacist and neo-nazi forces.
If you think I am defending anything, reread and try to come to a better understanding.

Better yet… think of it this way…

Nazis are bad.
Fighting with them as a team is bad.
Egging Nazis on is bad.

Without being taught in a classroom and without students being taught the proper context for why that quote came about, it could be taken by the ignorant ones as a reason to rise up against the American Government right now… which again, would be bad.

It is a good quote… but it’s one that has to come with proper context to be fully understood, especially in our position right now.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:02 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:58 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:31 pm

I don’t think people should ever feel less than others,
Quite the opposite… I think people should see their equals everywhere they look, including on the political field.
I think we are just going to keep going round and round on this. We’ll just have to agree to disagree. I’m not interested in equal. I understand all people, in all my communities, are unique individuals. I am perfectly ok with seeing diversity everywhere I look, including on the political field.
Diversity is great… but it doesn’t outweigh or cancel out equality.

And to be honest… way too many people on the left feel like it does, and that they are more logical, better equipped and more capable of people on the right.

That’s a mistake. And one made time and time again based on race, color, education level, state they came from, political opinions…

Everyone is equally powerful, and every time we try to write over that, and tell people something different…civil unrest happens.
Sorry but you are so tunnel visioned and your ideologies protect oppressors and keep the oppressed treated as less than. No thank you.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:05 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:43 am Thankfully the poster was only down for one day before being put back up but this is out of hand.
To be honest I'm surprised it was even put up in the first place. Bucks County is one of the most RACIST counties in Pennsylvania with a LARGE population of KKK and other white supremacist movements that idolize neo- nazi ideologies.

I wouldn't be surprised to find that the principal moonlights in a white hood.....there's been a large push from the GOP encouraging their neo-nazi base to get involved at the local level politics from school boards up, especially after Jan 6th and the failed coup of our government.
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:15 pm
BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:02 am
Quorra2.0 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:58 am

I think we are just going to keep going round and round on this. We’ll just have to agree to disagree. I’m not interested in equal. I understand all people, in all my communities, are unique individuals. I am perfectly ok with seeing diversity everywhere I look, including on the political field.
Diversity is great… but it doesn’t outweigh or cancel out equality.

And to be honest… way too many people on the left feel like it does, and that they are more logical, better equipped and more capable of people on the right.

That’s a mistake. And one made time and time again based on race, color, education level, state they came from, political opinions…

Everyone is equally powerful, and every time we try to write over that, and tell people something different…civil unrest happens.
Sorry but you are so tunnel visioned and your ideologies protect oppressors and keep the oppressed treated as less than. No thank you.
Lol what?

I think people are equally powerful, and I believe no one should ever feel less than or think another person is less than them…

Yet you read that as tunnel vision protecting oppressors… ok.

We’ll agree to disagree lol…
Deleted User 1990

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:17 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:05 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to find that the principal moonlights in a white hood.....there's been a large push from the GOP encouraging their neo-nazi base to get involved at the local level politics from school boards up, especially after Jan 6th and the failed coup of our government.
Are you legitimately trying to tell me that you can’t understand how a quote like that, without proper context-

could embolden these exact people you’re discussing?

Step outside of your own perspective for a moment.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:13 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:04 pm

If you think I am defending anything, reread and try to come to a better understanding.

Better yet… think of it this way…

Nazis are bad.
Fighting with them as a team is bad.
Egging Nazis on is bad.

Without being taught in a classroom and without students being taught the proper context for why that quote came about, it could be taken by the ignorant ones as a reason to rise up against the American Government right now… which again, would be bad.

It is a good quote… but it’s one that has to come with proper context to be fully understood, especially in our position right now.
"Egging" the Nazi's on merely exposes them. I say we continue to expose them whenever and where ever we find them. Better to expose them now and keep exposing them then to wait for them to commit treason again and allow them to oppress others.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

BobCobbMagob wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:14 am
Pjmm wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:05 am
BobCobbMagob wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:45 am

Alright… then let’s all stop being so pissed off at the Jan. 6th people…

They were just speaking up…. Right? Like how they’re taught?
That quote says nothing about using violence to get your point across or storming a capital to overthrow a government. It doesn’t even say anything about getting involved in a war you don’t believe in. I can’t believe we’ve got to have this conversation. As I said people can twist “love thy neighbor.” They can twist “do unto others as you’d have them to do unto you” To mean if you’re a sado-masochistic you can hurt people. That doesn’t mean the quotes don’t have value or shouldn’t be taught. Especially when the quote is about ensuring the Holocaust or even January 6 never happens again.
I do agree with others who said we need to teach critical thinking and the history of the people behind these quotes.
That quote is specifically about going to war, and fighting for the right way… not allowing oppressors to create victims…

That’s the exact sentiment that those Jan. 6th people carried with them…

Fast forward to today,
That quote is about fighting against Nazis. We’re on the Nazi’s side in this one so standing up to the American government that is adding fuel to the fires of war is something to some people means standing up against.

Schools don’t want that…

So yeah… there’s a huge issue in a lot of American minds of Needing people to speak up so that the government doesn’t overstep… but that’s not pretty when it happens. It’s often violent, necessarily so. And it’s not always the people who share your opinions that do it.

Schools don’t want kids acting out their parent’s anger here or creating scenes in school where kids are yelling at each other either.

All I’m saying… be careful what you wish for.

( and secondly, it might hit as a bit ingenious when you put up quotes about how bad Nazis were as we simultaneously send them weapons and cash behind the scenes)
How is that quote about going to war?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
LaurieD
Peasant
Peasant

Unread post

This is scary.
Locked Previous topicNext topic