I think she is a fake nurse

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I'm pretty sure my new SIL bought her nursing degree. I have always thought something was off with her. She went to school in Florida, her timeline of nursing school doesn't make sense. She has already been fired from two nursing jobs for being incompetent.

I have no idea how to figure out if her degree is real or not but I'm thinking about reporting her to the board of nursing so they can do an investigation. If I'm wrong no one will ever know. If I'm right she belongs in jail with everyone else that was buying their degrees.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdfl/pr/fr ... defendants

Just one of the many articles about this subject
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It used to take two years in Florida to get your RN. Idk what degree is required now for the boards. I guess you could always report her although it sounds like natural selection is working.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

So you don't like her... we get it. If she bought her degree I'm sure it'll catch up with her. Or you could be misunderstanding and your SIL is a CNA and not a nurse. In either case it's probably something that it's best keeping your nose out of and letting natural consequences take their course (and having been fired twice already for incompetence it's already catching up with her.) Just sit back and wait and then you can have your "I told you so" moment.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:51 pm So you don't like her... we get it. If she bought her degree I'm sure it'll catch up with her. Or you could be misunderstanding and your SIL is a CNA and not a nurse. In either case it's probably something that it's best keeping your nose out of and letting natural consequences take their course (and having been fired twice already for incompetence it's already catching up with her.) Just sit back and wait and then you can have your "I told you so" moment.
A actually do like her as a person but something has been off about the whole nursing thing. She is supposedly a RN not a CNA. This isn't the subject to just sit back and let whatever happens happens. Would you want someone who isn't a real nurse to be caring for you? Being fired for incompetence doesn't mean much over all except she can't work at those two hospitals anymore.
Baconqueen13
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:23 pm
Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:51 pm So you don't like her... we get it. If she bought her degree I'm sure it'll catch up with her. Or you could be misunderstanding and your SIL is a CNA and not a nurse. In either case it's probably something that it's best keeping your nose out of and letting natural consequences take their course (and having been fired twice already for incompetence it's already catching up with her.) Just sit back and wait and then you can have your "I told you so" moment.
A actually do like her as a person but something has been off about the whole nursing thing. She is supposedly a RN not a CNA. This isn't the subject to just sit back and let whatever happens happens. Would you want someone who isn't a real nurse to be caring for you? Being fired for incompetence doesn't mean much over all except she can't work at those two hospitals anymore.
You think employers don't check employee history in the medical field? Being fired for incompetence is a HUGE red flag, even if the hospital or nursing care setting she goes to is short staffed. It's a liability issue for potential future employers.

If her degree is fake she's going to get caught and with 2 strikes under her belt her comeuppance isn't too far behind.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Baconqueen13 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:31 pm
You think employers don't check employee history in the medical field? Being fired for incompetence is a HUGE red flag, even if the hospital or nursing care setting she goes to is short staffed. It's a liability issue for potential future employers.

If her degree is fake she's going to get caught and with 2 strikes under her belt her comeuppance isn't too far behind.
Right now you can get hired just about anywhere on the spot because everywhere is short staffed. A lot of places are not checking references and just want a body in the building with the right letters behind people's names. I'm questioning if those RN letters are even real.

It's going to take them a long time to track everyone down, the scam might be a lot bigger than just Florida.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:06 pm

Right now you can get hired just about anywhere on the spot because everywhere is short staffed. A lot of places are not checking references and just want a body in the building with the right letters behind people's names. I'm questioning if those RN letters are even real.

It's going to take them a long time to track everyone down, the scam might be a lot bigger than just Florida.
I work in medical staffing and can GUARANTEE that every single one of our clients (every major hospital system in one of the country's largest cities) definitely checks backgrounds extensively. Our compliance process to get people to work is extensive. Education, criminal background, employment, immunizations and other criteria is ALL required.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:14 am

I work in medical staffing and can GUARANTEE that every single one of our clients (every major hospital system in one of the country's largest cities) definitely checks backgrounds extensively. Our compliance process to get people to work is extensive. Education, criminal background, employment, immunizations and other criteria is ALL required.
She works long term care. If you have a pulse you can get a job here in LTC.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:44 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:14 am

She works long term care. If you have a pulse you can get a job here in LTC.
No one is getting hired on the spot without checking credentials.
Locked Previous topicNext topic