Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:51 pm
PoplarGrove wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:47 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:17 pm

I don't want my mother or grandmother getting sick either. I have felt that way my whole life. Those at home covid tests don't work that great anyway. Do you also test for flu and pneumonia before you go see her? I assume you will wear a mask for the rest of your life? I feel really sorry for the people who just can't get over the panic and hysteria officials did to us over covid. I'm sorry. And no I am not Val lol.
As a person with an immune compromised kid I wear a mask at work (when out of my office) every time another employee is showing cold symptoms. In my office I have an air sanitizer. While getting covid or the flu won't kill my child it they get sick with even a cold we're looking at at least a week off of school because they get so sick.

I guess I was a loon before Covid, lol.
And that's fine. Be buried in your mask if that's what you choose. You wearing a mask isn't going to prevent you from the common cold lol. It's a false security blanket.
Wearing a mask doesn't offer 100% protection from contracting a cold but it does lower the chances and if I have to choose between being buried in a mask and watching my kid lay in a hospital bed because they got the flu I'll stay buried. The best protection is when the person who is transmitting the virus wears a mask but that would mean asking other people to care about other people which seems to be in short supply in our society.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:33 am
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:05 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:55 am

Well i do because i don’t want my elderly mother getting sick. So i still test when I’m going to see her. Sometimes i do wear a mask at work if i have cold symptoms. Now do i care about a post that’s been done 1000 times no.
You should be testing for pneumonia instead. It's 6 times more deadly in the elderly and compromised than the big "virus".
You might be right. I’m not sure if one can be a carrier for that virus like for Covid. I’ll have to look into it. I get the Covid home test for free so it’s simple if I have any symptoms I test for it. Pneumonia test probably involves a trip to the doctor and may not be covered by my insurance if I’m asymptomatic. But in the future I can look into it.
Pneumonia is fairly transmissible. There's actually a strain referred to as "community acquired bacterial pneumonia". It runs through the population during cold and flu season, just like colds and flu.

I wasn't being a smart ass either PJ, it was a sincere suggestion since you said you're very careful around your mother. It's about a 25 - 30% fatality rate in the elderly. These are stats from a couple of my Dad's doctors when he was in the hospital with it.

Hope Mom remains well and healthy! ❤️
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:44 am
PoplarGrove wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:47 pm

As a person with an immune compromised kid I wear a mask at work (when out of my office) every time another employee is showing cold symptoms. In my office I have an air sanitizer. While getting covid or the flu won't kill my child it they get sick with even a cold we're looking at at least a week off of school because they get so sick.

I guess I was a loon before Covid, lol.
And that's fine. Be buried in your mask if that's what you choose. You wearing a mask isn't going to prevent you from the common cold lol. It's a false security blanket.
Wearing a mask doesn't offer 100% protection from contracting a cold but it does lower the chances and if I have to choose between being buried in a mask and watching my kid lay in a hospital bed because they got the flu I'll stay buried. The best protection is when the person who is transmitting the virus wears a mask but that would mean asking other people to care about other people which seems to be in short supply in our society.
Literally within the last day or so a study has come out regarding the efficacy of masks, specific to Covid. It confirms that they don't stop viruses.

There are multiple studies out there already, over the last several years, in relation to the flu and the fact that masks have no effect. These are from doctors, epidemiologists, etc.

There's even a CDC study that was done which incorporated analysis of other studies and masks were found to be ineffective at stopping flu transmission.

The summary is basically that virons are too small to be caught and go right through the weave, the gap next to your face, etc.

So, the sense of security some of you have regarding these masks is a false sense. If there's someone you're truly concerned about protecting, these things aren't it.

Plus, you're picking up and trapping whatever is floating around in the air right on top of your nose and mouth, giving it a direct line into your respiratory system. You're also inhaling back in your own respiratory waste, none of which is good for keeping you healthy and disease free. There are more negative health impacts associated with masks than positive ones.

Wash your hands, don't touch shopping cart handles and take your vitamins! LOL. It's seriously much better to build your immune system in order to keep yourself healthy than to rely on this piece of cloth.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:06 pm
PoplarGrove wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:44 am

Literally within the last day or so a study has come out regarding the efficacy of masks, specific to Covid. It confirms that they don't stop viruses.

There are multiple studies out there already, over the last several years, in relation to the flu and the fact that masks have no effect. These are from doctors, epidemiologists, etc.

There's even a CDC study that was done which incorporated analysis of other studies and masks were found to be ineffective at stopping flu transmission.

The summary is basically that virons are too small to be caught and go right through the weave, the gap next to your face, etc.

So, the sense of security some of you have regarding these masks is a false sense. If there's someone you're truly concerned about protecting, these things aren't it.

Plus, you're picking up and trapping whatever is floating around in the air right on top of your nose and mouth, giving it a direct line into your respiratory system. You're also inhaling back in your own respiratory waste, none of which is good for keeping you healthy and disease free. There are more negative health impacts associated with masks than positive ones.

Wash your hands, don't touch shopping cart handles and take your vitamins! LOL. It's seriously much better to build your immune system in order to keep yourself healthy than to rely on this piece of cloth.
You have a link for these studies? I can't find them.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

As long as you’re honest to others about you having covid, then it’s OK.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:35 am
Pjmm wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:33 am
Valentina327 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:05 pm

You should be testing for pneumonia instead. It's 6 times more deadly in the elderly and compromised than the big "virus".
You might be right. I’m not sure if one can be a carrier for that virus like for Covid. I’ll have to look into it. I get the Covid home test for free so it’s simple if I have any symptoms I test for it. Pneumonia test probably involves a trip to the doctor and may not be covered by my insurance if I’m asymptomatic. But in the future I can look into it.
Pneumonia is fairly transmissible. There's actually a strain referred to as "community acquired bacterial pneumonia". It runs through the population during cold and flu season, just like colds and flu.

I wasn't being a smart ass either PJ, it was a sincere suggestion since you said you're very careful around your mother. It's about a 25 - 30% fatality rate in the elderly. These are stats from a couple of my Dad's doctors when he was in the hospital with it.

Hope Mom remains well and healthy! ❤️
Community acquired bacterial pneumonia isn't a strain of pneumonia. It's any bacterial pneumonia that is acquired outside of a hospital but is usually pneumococcus. You can acquire the exact same strain in the hospital. It's just the term the medical community uses to determine whether you got it before you arrived at the hospital or after you got there.

Unfortunately, there isn't an at home test for bacterial, fungal or viral pneumonia which is why people should wear a mask when they're feeling sick and/or have a cough. To protect people in our community who have a weakened immune system and can be killed by contracting it.
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My boss does this to her employees and then gets upset when a lot of people call out for being really sick.
She wants people to work while sick and claims people don't have good work ethics if they don't.
Don't go to work with Covid. What might be mild to you could be terrible for someone else.
Locked Previous topicNext topic