It feels weird going to work while I have covid

Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I got Covid for the second time after our Disney vaca in August. I was on day 3 and had to go to school for inservice. Was and am so grateful for the policy change-when my husband tested + the whole family had to be home for 10 days.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 2:48 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:44 pm
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:17 pm

I don't want my mother or grandmother getting sick either. I have felt that way my whole life. Those at home covid tests don't work that great anyway. Do you also test for flu and pneumonia before you go see her? I assume you will wear a mask for the rest of your life? I feel really sorry for the people who just can't get over the panic and hysteria officials did to us over covid. I'm sorry. And no I am not Val lol.
Tbh i never saw a problem with wearing a mask if one had cold symptoms even before Covid. I think it should be normalized. If you’re sick and need to go out wear a mask. I thought it was nice Japan and China did that. And I’m not sure why my testing for Covid bothers you. I can’t test for flu easily or i might. As for being Val interesting you mention that. Although normally she answers under her own name and probably wouldn’t care what i do. I don’t sit worrying over who’s anon though so whatever.
Oh yes because there were tons of people walking around with masks before March 2020. NOT. It was never normal and thank god the majority of people will not make it normal.
I don’t think you’re reading. I didn’t say it was normal before 2020 or that everyone should do it at all times. I said i would be fine with normalizing wearing a mask in public IF YOU’RE SICK. If it’s allergies or you’re not sick don’t wear a mask. I also said this is what they do in Asian countries and i think it’s polite. Don’t put words into my mouth. Now if people don’t do it I’m not going to be upset. But I’m free to have an opinion.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Three out of four of us in my household got Covid back in December and it sucked! My daughter and her boyfriend were miserable for about 2 days, functional but still symptomatic for 2 days, and returned to work after 6 days when no longer symptomatic. I was miserable for 4 days after which I felt a bit better but was still symptomatic and testing positive. I asked my office staff what their comfort level was and it was decided that I would come in after hours to pick-up and drop-off work. I attended meetings via zoom and worked from home for 10 days. I wore a mask whenever I left my room or house until I tested negative, almost 10 days after first testing. I am fortunate in that my work allowed me that flexibility. I'm also fortunate that my son never got Covid! Was it overkill? Maybe, but I don't care.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:55 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:12 am Not a single normal person cares about covid anymore. Only the loons.
Well i do because i don’t want my elderly mother getting sick. So i still test when I’m going to see her. Sometimes i do wear a mask at work if i have cold symptoms. Now do i care about a post that’s been done 1000 times no.
You should be testing for pneumonia instead. It's 6 times more deadly in the elderly and compromised than the big "virus".
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:12 am Not a single normal person cares about covid anymore. Only the loons.
Well i do because i don’t want my elderly mother getting sick. So i still test when I’m going to see her. Sometimes i do wear a mask at work if i have cold symptoms. Now do i care about a post that’s been done 1000 times no.
I don't want my mother or grandmother getting sick either. I have felt that way my whole life. Those at home covid tests don't work that great anyway. Do you also test for flu and pneumonia before you go see her? I assume you will wear a mask for the rest of your life? I feel really sorry for the people who just can't get over the panic and hysteria officials did to us over covid. I'm sorry. And no I am not Val lol.
How sweet of you to think of me!

I just actually replied to PJ and suggested she should test for pneumonia instead, since it's 6 times more deadly in the elderly and compromised.

Funny that you had to clarify that you weren't me! 😂 😂 😂
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:16 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:44 pm

Tbh i never saw a problem with wearing a mask if one had cold symptoms even before Covid. I think it should be normalized. If you’re sick and need to go out wear a mask. I thought it was nice Japan and China did that. And I’m not sure why my testing for Covid bothers you. I can’t test for flu easily or i might. As for being Val interesting you mention that. Although normally she answers under her own name and probably wouldn’t care what i do. I don’t sit worrying over who’s anon though so whatever.
Oh yes because there were tons of people walking around with masks before March 2020. NOT. It was never normal and thank god the majority of people will not make it normal.
I don’t think you’re reading. I didn’t say it was normal before 2020 or that everyone should do it at all times. I said i would be fine with normalizing wearing a mask in public IF YOU’RE SICK. If it’s allergies or you’re not sick don’t wear a mask. I also said this is what they do in Asian countries and i think it’s polite. Don’t put words into my mouth. Now if people don’t do it I’m not going to be upset. But I’m free to have an opinion.
I'm actually in the "keep your damned ass at home if you're sick" camp! LOL
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I agree it’s weird. The comparison of the reaction to COVID in 3 years is weird. Morgues were overflowing from the same thing people are “loons” for caring about now.

Idk. 2020 feels like a fever dream.

FWIW, I wouldn’t go to work with COVID. I had it in May and it was freaking horrible. I wouldn’t have wanted to work while feeling so crummy.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:12 pm

How sweet of you to think of me!

I just actually replied to PJ and suggested she should test for pneumonia instead, since it's 6 times more deadly in the elderly and compromised.

Funny that you had to clarify that you weren't me! 😂 😂 😂
LOL sorry Val but I had to cut it off at the pass! For some reason people on here don't think there can possibly be anyone else on here that shares your views.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:15 pm
Pjmm wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:16 pm

I'm actually in the "keep your damned ass at home if you're sick" camp! LOL
I am too but sometimes one has to go out. I’m thinking of single people here. Now with instacart it isn’t such a problem. But sometimes there I was buying medicine because mine had expired and there was no one to do it for me. 😀
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:05 pm
You should be testing for pneumonia instead. It's 6 times more deadly in the elderly and compromised than the big "virus".
You might be right. I’m not sure if one can be a carrier for that virus like for Covid. I’ll have to look into it. I get the Covid home test for free so it’s simple if I have any symptoms I test for it. Pneumonia test probably involves a trip to the doctor and may not be covered by my insurance if I’m asymptomatic. But in the future I can look into it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic